Official Film Torino 2006

I almost forgot about that (too few hours of sleep during those final days...). On the last day of the Games, I was at the Cross Country 50km race. Before the race, I saw a guy with a camera and the press badge. A lady asked him if he worked for RAI (the italian television who broadcasted the Games for Italy), he answered he was working for TOROC shooting for the Official Film.

Before that (and after that too) I never heard about doing an Olympic Film (which is not done for some time now). Anyone has more news about that?

Actually the film is already released in a 60 minute form, which is hideous considering all of the footage and sports that could be covered adequately. It's called Triumph in Turin (Torino). The DVD is out now in Europe, particularly in Scandinavia (excluding the 15 minutes for Sweden's highlights).  Here it is.

Actually the film is already released in a 60 minute form, which is hideous considering all of the footage and sports that could be covered adequately. It's called Triumph in Turin (Torino). The DVD is out now in Europe, particularly in Scandinavia (excluding the 15 minutes for Sweden's highlights).  Here it is.

really only 60 minutes long thats very short isnt it? do you no if there is an english version of the dvd?

Well, I don't know if that interest you, but there is also Torino 2006 : Canada's quest for sucess, witch is a 6 DVD box set (including (sadly) 2 DVD for hockey and one DVD for Curling) witch is centered (mostly) on Canada's performence.

http://www.cbcshop.ca/CBC....g=en-CA

really only 60 minutes long thats very short isnt it? do you no if there is an english version of the dvd?

Even for a Winter Olympics, 60 minutes is still way too short. This is why multi-DVD sets are the way to go for things like the Olympics. Maybe it will occur later this year, depending on how things shake up in the next-gen DVD format war. (I side with Blu-Ray)

If past official Olympic titles are an indicator, I presume the language track (excluding the Swedish highlights) is in English. I have yet to see this release in English-speaking nations as far as I know.

I've already been mentioning the CBC/Morningstar's Torino 2006: Canada's Quest For Success.

Even for a Winter Olympics, 60 minutes is still way too short. This is why multi-DVD sets are the way to go for things like the Olympics. Maybe it will occur later this year, depending on how things shake up in the next-gen DVD format war. (I side with Blu-Ray)

If past official Olympic titles are an indicator, I presume the language track (excluding the Swedish highlights) is in English. I have yet to see this release in English-speaking nations as far as I know.

I've already been mentioning the CBC/Morningstar's Torino 2006: Canada's Quest For Success.

yea true

Have anyone seen this 60 minute version? Does it have different camera angles or is it just a TV highlights?

I can´t believe they hired different cameramen to do a 60 minute version!!!  :shocked:

Can´t wait to buy the CBC version on eBay.

Archived