Istanbul 2036

AustralianFan

29 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

Could have ended the sentence right after the name.

@StefanMUC you are a racist!

Stop intimidate my leader erdoğan

Stop writing hate towards my democratically chosen turkish president

i dont do that with you bundeskanzler.. loosing face in front of german justice nowadays!!

On 8/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

They better finish their Istanbul Canal first and see how that works out before talking 2036 Olympic Games.  And also hope that everything in the Crimea will be settled by 2030 at the very latest.  

@baron-pierreIV, i'm wondering sometimes your way of thinking, but 2 things you say:

Crimea issue > i'm ok with that for 50%.. how hard it can be that this issue will spoil an eventually ist/bid?

Canal issue > i'm totally not ok with that.. this issue is totally an off-sayt issue.

1// your question about the canal is wrong-settled: ".. and see how it works"

2// all of the 5 previous consecutive bids were planned without the canal-issue / for 2020 ist came 2nd / closest chance

3// it will bring nothing else than advantages to the city thus also to every sort of sports event

4// all the shipping/freight-traffic will just replace from the bosphorus to the canal (secunda posphorus)

5// in this case the bosphorus will become a srraight for water-sports & leisure..

6// the building of the canal will save the cith center & both inner-coastlines of the city for eventual disasters too

>> i dont see your point of view about the "how it will work" > just not applicable coz it doenst bring any disadvantages

>> only if i cant read your brighter view on this, i would be more than happy if you brought light in your statement ;)

Fatixx, ever heard of the saying: The road to hell is paved with good intentions?  I hope the Canal -- whose repercussions on the environment are untested -- will turn out to be OK.  But if it is an environmental disaster, then how can Trukey or the IOC sanction a silly, frou-frou event where the environment has gone all wrong.  Fatixx, no need to get all screwed up.  I know you're Turkish and you take great pride in that -- but this is merely a discussion board.  No need to drill down to all those details above.  

15 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Fatixx, ever heard of the saying: The road to hell is paved with good intentions?  I hope the Canal -- whose repercussions on the environment are untested -- will turn out to be OK.  But if it is an environmental disaster, then how can Trukey or the IOC sanction a silly, frou-frou event where the environment has gone all wrong.  Fatixx, no need to get all screwed up.  I know you're Turkish and you take great pride in that -- but this is merely a discussion board.  No need to drill down to all those details above.  

ok, i'll promise you not to drill all details in some cases like this one,

but it wont be a disaster, because all the needed scientific research on all levels are done and on the otherside all the simulation models are tested. this phase has taken about more then 10 years now.. if will be a sort of (even better than) suez or panama canal..

for those who are interested in all the environmental/scientific research i will leave here an official link:

official-website; https://www.kanalistanbul.gov.tr/

official-environmental-report: KANALISTANBULNIHAICEDRAPORU.pdf (pdf counts 1623 pages)

kanal-ist1.png

best miles, im not defensive, nor offensive.. why are you breaking my enthousiasm :(

posting material in turkish has 2 positive sides;

1// there are a lot of turkish people who are surfing in the istanbul threads, they can click on it

2// also for non-turkish users/people who are interested can view the map-visualistions and can copy paste sentences to translate pages to have an idea whats written in the text.. im doing that often with non-english pdf's for example.. its never a loose, it gives a nice inter-active way of connection with this forum.. im respecting your suggestion, but look it brighter..

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:04 PM, iceman530 said:

That and Turkey needs to take the wheel from Erdogan about interest controls otherwise the Lira is going to start looking like 25-50 TL to the dollar in short order

thats not quite right.. and actually this sort of sentences are more manipulation then something else..

what erdoğan does is decrease-interest after the covid-recession to give breath space for the national economy..

just between autumn 2022  newyear 2023 the T-lira is going to stabilize  around 8-10 dollars, and at that time we will debate something else because the yearly economic growth will be around 6%.. the economic plan of erdoğan will give its fruits after couple of months AND a lot of world-economists are given him right in this model..

for example: Nobel Prize Winner Joseph Stiglitz

source: Stiglitz Says Rate Hikes That Are Too Steep May Worsen Inflation - Bloomberg

• 2 weeks later...

Turkish inflation is still rising to a record 18.2 Turkish Lira to the dollar.  This is pretty much unprecedented.  I thought I was a genius when I went to Turkey when it was 7.4 Turkish Lira to the dollar.  Turns out I should have kept waiting.  Maybe I should be going back?

Erdogan is also saber rattling as if Turkey has some sort of rights to the Greek Islands, a geopolitical situation that was settled over a century ago.  I think he is trying to pull at populist strings with the economy being a dumpster fire

What does this mean for the Olympics?  Honestly, not much.  So long as the Greek islands talk is just bluster and nothing physical, then I think Istanbul........so long as they play nice geopolitically.........they are still in the drivers seat til 2036.

after a succesfull 34th istanbul intercontinental swimming race > the next race begıns today:

FIRST INTERCONTINENTAL TRIATLON RACE

NOW IT'S ISTANBUL TIME

About 800 triathletes will participate in Istanbul Oral B Bogazici Triathlon Race, which will be organised first time by the Turkish Triathlon Federation under the auspices of the Youth and Sports Ministry and with the support of Beykoz Municipality.

Lots of other sponsors will be ready at the organisation to contribute races that are expected to be one of the turning points in the triathlon branch.

1// official website > https://www.istanbultriathlon.com

2// turkish triathlon federation website > Türkiye Triatlon Federasyonu

3// other traditional triathlon organisations in whole Turkiye > Türkiye Triatlon Federasyonu - YouTube

logo-tr-siyah-s.png?v5

2022bogazicitriatlonuhaber2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crowded Field for 2036 Games

IOC CONFIRMATION:    New Norm Host Selection Process

10 COUNTRIES CONFIRMED TO BE IN CONTINUOUS DIALOGUE WITH THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE FOR THE 2036 SUMMER GAMES

It is strongly believed that Turkey is one of the ten countries.

This report below from Inside The Games today:

• 2 weeks later...