Istanbul 2036

AustralianFan

On 4/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Well, this year though, that will quickly be forgotten by the Women's World Championships which will start in late September and be split between the Netherlands and Poland.  The Championships will be a bigger tournament with 24 nations.  I think VNL only has 12 or 16.  

miles, you are correct.. but in turkiye they are happy because we have another womens-volleyball arganisation in row.. the VNL excists 4 years and is a totally new concept.. the crown for this will be a world volley championship (as you mentioned)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatixxx said:

the crown for this will be a world volley championship (as you mentioned)

No; the 24 teams for the Worlds, I think, have already been decided -- becuz they did the big draw.  The VNL -- which I agree, is a good 2nd tournament -- is good for the athletes because of the cash prizes for them.  And the World Champs is good for the overall ranking, but except for the French women's team (a very weak one), I think all the 11 other teams for Paris will have to battle it out again starting in 2023 -- and then they will have the Continental tournaments to allocate for universal representation.  

5 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

No; the 24 teams for the Worlds, I think, have already been decided -- becuz they did the big draw.  The VNL -- which I agree, is a good 2nd tournament -- is good for the athletes because of the cash prizes for them.  And the World Champs is good for the overall ranking, but except for the French women's team (a very weak one), I think all the 11 other teams for Paris will have to battle it out again starting in 2023 -- and then they will have the Continental tournaments to allocate for universal representation.  

excuse me.. i wrote short in my words.. i totally agree what u say..

but in the overall istanbul 2036 thread here i did research and shared all the organisations that are/were organised in istanbul (and a few in onther cities in the country).. i mentioned actually that turkey had not much organised world championships: it would be the crown to organise the world volleyball championships for women in turkiye.. we only have organised the basket world champs.. world-volleyball-football-athletics-swimming-champs are in the row.. turkiye has organised a lot european-champs and indoors.. but to stay up to date in organisng world-champs we have a long way to go.. 

the question on my side is why the TVF turkish volleyball federation chooses ankara instead of istanbul for the VNL for example.. the only answer i can come up with is the fact that all sports federations are settled in ankara.. only 2 federatiıns have their central-office in istanbul; TFF turkish football federation & TMSF turkish motor sports federation as the F1-pist is on the asian side of the city..

i dont know if you remember the 2020 istanbul plan.. but there were 4 main clusters AND 1 stand-venue.. this is a unique volleyball-venue of the fenerbahçe spots club.. womens volleyball is a true succes and is the fastest growing sport in the city.. the turkish women volleyball clubs won maybe more than 100 throphy's in all world-matches.. at the FIVB world list the turkish teams are respectively, womens 4th place and mens 15th place

for example: FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship - Wikipedia >> 3 womens-sport-clubs in the top 10

see map at this link >> Jadaliyya - Activists Submitted Report Against Olympics in Istanbul

this site used my picture here from GB and whereby i draw the 4 clusters and number 8 on this plan-map is about this 1 stand venue .. we will be delighted if we can organize a world womens champs in istanbul.. 

1 stand venue = splendid venue >> Ülker Sports and Event Hall - Wikipedia

arena14.jpg.aspx?width=1920&height=1080&

Why Ankara over Istanbul?  Maybe the venue PLUS accommodations for the players are better in Ankara?  Maybe they have more Volley fans in Ankara area rather than Istanbul?  Maybe Ankara has better practice sites than Istanbul? 

BTW, the Swissotel I stayed in an Ankara suburb was the MOST Luxurious hotel room (a suite actually) I have ever stayed in!  Also, it was the only hotel in my 2012 visit that had small face-towels (or wash cloths) and it was the ONLY hotel that I visited in Turkey that served BACON for breakfast!  So, maybe that's why they put the VNL finals in Ankara.  There's bacon served at the Swissotel there!!  ;)

• Like 1

57th presidential cycling tour of turkiye 2022

website >> Tour of Turkey (tourofturkiye.org.tr) / english page / tour stages

D1x1j4R.png

source-1 >> 2022 Presidential Tour of Turkey - Wikipedia

The 2022 Presidential Tour of Turkey is a road cycling stage race taking place between 10 and 17 April 2022 in Turkey. It is the 57th edition of the Presidential Tour of Turkey.

source-2 >> UCI ProSeries - Wikipedia

The UCI ProSeries is the second tier men's elite road cycling tour. It was inaugurated in 2020. The series is placed below the UCI World Tour, but above the various regional UCI Continental Circuits.

The Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey is a professional road bicycle racing stage race held annually since 1963.

In 2005 the race became part of the UCI Europe Tour, rated as a 2.2 event, before being upgraded to 2.1 in 2008  and then to 2.HC for the 2010 edition.

The race became part of the UCI World Tour in 2017, and was relegated to the newly formed UCI ProSeries in 2020.

source >> Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey - Wikipedia

each year the tour does a shuffle between the geographical regions in turkiye..

the 56th edition started in cappadocia for example.. i found a sheet/poster with the branding on it..

this years 57th tour began on 11th april and finished today 17th april

EuWhmP9WgAETLwS?format=jpg&name=medium

On 4/15/2022 at 6:08 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

Why Ankara over Istanbul?  Maybe the venue PLUS accommodations for the players are better in Ankara?  Maybe they have more Volley fans in Ankara area rather than Istanbul?  Maybe Ankara has better practice sites than Istanbul? 

BTW, the Swissotel I stayed in an Ankara suburb was the MOST Luxurious hotel room (a suite actually) I have ever stayed in!  Also, it was the only hotel in my 2012 visit that had small face-towels (or wash cloths) and it was the ONLY hotel that I visited in Turkey that served BACON for breakfast!  So, maybe that's why they put the VNL finals in Ankara.  There's bacon served at the Swissotel there!!  ;)

This could be possible for the Athletes village.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SportLightning said:

This could be possible for the Athletes village.

I doubt that they would be building an Athletes' Village for a 1-sport secondary tournament.  The athletes will probably be housed in hotels.  It's only the Olympics, and the regional games where they bother to build dedicated AVs.  

17 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

I doubt that they would be building an Athletes' Village for a 1-sport secondary tournament.  The athletes will probably be housed in hotels.  It's only the Olympics, and the regional games where they bother to build dedicated AVs.  

I'm saying that it could be used. But, we'll see.

7 hours ago, SportLightning said:

I'm saying that it could be used. But, we'll see.

What are you talking about?  There will be NO Athletes' Village for the VNL tournament.  So how ". . . could it be used"?  :wacko:

What is this "we'll see' cop-out of your nearly every post?  Yeah, maybe the sun'll rise tomorrow . . . maybe it won't.  So what do you really add to the discussion with all your "we'll see" statements or are you just wasting broadband space?  :rolleyes:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

It's blatantly obvious that SL (aka TB) is such the amateur about these things. Their constant "we'll see's" is their only way they think that they can give themselves any merit to the conversations, when in fact, all they do is give insipid comments.

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, SportLightning said:

I think it's gonna be tough when it comes to hosting the Olympics to Istanbul.

Especially if the environmental damage caused by the new Istanbul Canal will become known by 2028-29.  But if there are no environmental damages caused by the Istanbul Canal and indeed it proves a boom for Turkiye, then I think the race for 2036 will be between Istanbul and Barcelona.  Turkiye should just go for the junior world Youth Games.  

• 4 weeks later...

“Konya Mayor Uğur İbrahim Altay has revealed that his city is "open" to working alongside Istanbul in its bid to stage the 2036 Olympics and Paralympics.”

“Altay insists Konya is "ready to be a part of the Olympics" as he pledged his support behind Istanbul and other Turkish cities to host the Games in 14 years’ time.”

“Turkish Olympic Committee President Uğur Erdener has insisted that all parties involved in the country’s efforts to secure the 2036 Olympics need to come together here to thrash out plans for the Games.”

“Erdener has thrown his support behind an Istanbul bid, insisting Turkey is "always ready" to play host to the Olympics, but he admits work needs to be done to formulate detailed proposals.”