Istanbul 2036

AustralianFan

4 hours ago, FYI said:

On that same token, what does Toronto-Montreal have to show or offer (especially from a country like Canada that's hosted the Olympics multiple times already)? Plus, either of those two cities can host alone. I don't see a need for a joint-bid in this case. So I don't know where this latest notion is coming from, since I haven't seen it anywhere else, other than from a couple of posters here. 

At the current size of the SOG, up to nearly 30 sports again for LA 2028, I don't see Toronto being able to host it by itself.  Besides, the Toronto-Montreal bi-personality of the Games reflects very well, not only on Canada, but on the IOC's English-French flavor itself.  And Canada should want to erase that "curse" of Montreal 1976 when they were the only 20th century host NOT to have won a gold medal on its home games turf.  

What memories would you rather have in 2036?  Shadows of the "Nazi" Games of 1936 (hint . . . hint . . . Vladimir, there's another excuse for you to attack a new "NAzi" Games (especially if you athletes aren't allowed back in) . . .  or a bankrupt Games but where the world saw the first 10s awarded in gymnastics?  I'd go with the "bankrupt but perfect 10s in gymnastics" echo.  

30 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

At the current size of the SOG, up to nearly 30 sports again for LA 2028, I don't see Toronto being able to host it by itself.

You make it sound as if Toronto is Calgary or Edmonton. Toronto is Canada's largest metropolis, & still quite larger than the 2032 host, Brisbane's. I'm sure they could manage. Not to mention, Toronto to Montreal is still 335 miles apart. That's considerably far when you factor in the logistics. 

I could maybe see a more "Ontario" or "Quebec" (including the capitol Ottawa) effort. But I'm not so sure that both parties, especially Quebec, would be quite as enthusiastic in co-hosting as you're making it out to be.

39 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

What memories would you rather have in 2036?  Shadows of the "Nazi" Games of 1936 (hint . . . hint . . . Vladimir, there's another excuse for you to attack a new "NAzi" Games (especially if you athletes aren't allowed back in) . . .  or a bankrupt Games but where the world saw the first 10s awarded in gymnastics?  

Or, look how democratic Germany has become in the 100 years since (especially when still compared to our neighbors to the east) narrative. Hopefully, though, Vlady won't even be relevant anymore by the time the 2036 Games come around.

Montreal has the all-important Olympic Stadium that I assume could still be fitted for athletics events. Toronto lacks a stadium suitable for either the ceremonies or athletics. I mentioned in another thread that the only way Toronto gets an Olympic-sized stadium is for the NFL to come to town and that's just not happening. 

Toronto is sadly one of those cities like Madrid or Hamburg that cannot solve the stadium conundrum, hence the need to partner with a city that can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stryker said:

Montreal has the all-important Olympic Stadium that I assume could still be fitted for athletics events. Toronto lacks a stadium suitable for either the ceremonies or athletics. I mentioned in another thread that the only way Toronto gets an Olympic-sized stadium is for the NFL to come to town and that's just not happening. 

Toronto is sadly one of those cities like Madrid or Hamburg that cannot solve the stadium conundrum, hence the need to partner with a city that can.

I know agenda 2020 is all about using existing facilities, but I don't think theres a problem with building a new olympics stadium in a city. For example brisbane's definition of using existing facilities is rebuilding a 1K million dollar stadium, but hey we're going cheap with the new model.

1 minute ago, Chris_Mex said:

I know agenda 2020 is all about using existing facilities, but I don't think theres a problem with building a new olympics stadium in a city. For example brisbane's definition of using existing facilities is rebuilding a 1K million dollar stadium, but hey we're going cheap with the new model.

Brisbane has a viable legacy for said stadium, though. The new Gabba will be put to use for decades to come. There is just no need for a 60k+ seater athletics stadium, like, anywhere. Even China is switching to rectangular stadiums right now.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Mex said:

That's perfectly reasonable but if Toronto is going to build an Olympic Stadium, even one with a smaller capacity along the lines of Brisbane, there needs to be a permanent tenant for it. None of Toronto's major sports teams (CFL's Argonauts, Toronto FC, or MLB's Blue Jays) are in the market for a new stadium.

1 hour ago, stryker said:

Yeah, but is the answer here "partnering" with a city that's 335 miles away, though? I see that creating other logistical problems for the sake of solving the stadium issue in this case. Plus, the way baron makes it sound, though, is that summer Games are too big for Toronto now, which I don't see at all. I mean, see Brisbane.

But considering this is the Istanbul thread, which someone else was asking what they have to show or offer, & now it's drifting into this, perhaps this should go over in another thread.

1 hour ago, FYI said:

Yeah, but is the answer here "partnering" with a city that's 335 miles away, though? I see that creating other logistical problems for the sake of solving the stadium issue in this case. Plus, the way baron makes it sound, though, is that summer Games are too big for Toronto now, which I don't see at all. I mean, see Brisbane.

But considering this is the Istanbul thread, which someone else was asking what they have to show or offer, & now it's drifting into this, perhaps this should go over in another thread.

Another topic for since Brisbane is already focusing on the 2032 edition.

15 minutes ago, FYI said:

thanx @FYI

istanbul improved a lot on the infrastructure-side.. But istanbul needs and is eager for her own summer olympics.. BRIEFLY:

1// a totally new (IGA) istanbul grand airport, if not in the top 3 of the world with in total 6 runways cfr dax-beijjng) // source: Istanbul Airport - Wikipedia whereby th metro from/to the city center & the new airport will be operational (normally) within the year. 

2// i know that @baron-pierreIV (miles) (after i bought his ceremonies book) went to istanbul and read his findings.. what i remember was that he said the city was to vast and the density of population was higher of that of the metro/rapid infrastructure could handle.. and he was right (at that time) about those two issues.

3// meanwhile to overbridge those issues a lot has been built (and solved): an expand of the istanbul-underground will increase from 300 km in 2021 to 900 km in 2030 

* source/text-1: Istanbul Metro - Wikipedia * source/map-2: https://www.metro.istanbul/YolcuHizmetleri/AgHaritalari

4// the segunda-bosphorus will transfer the density/populated area and will also decrease the heavy-mega-shipping-traffic on the bosphorus, because the turkish olympic committee organises the annual cross-continental-swimming-race (and meanwhile the 34th has been swom and about 57-63 country delegates do participate each year)..

official-source/swimming-race: Samsung Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swimming Race (olimpiyatkomitesi.org.tr)

official-website/segunda-bosphorus: Boğaz nefes alacak, Türkiye kazanacak | Kanal İstanbul (kanalistanbul.gov.tr) 

by 2036 the canal will become fully operating so there will be certainity to enjoy all the outside-watersports on the posphorus waters; i.e. triatlon, surfing, etc..

youtube-video: 

tomorrow i will add the second-quick-resume.. especially the eventually masterplan how the immense croud and athletes can be transfered rapidly from the eventually asian-side opening ceremony to the olympic-village on the european side.. i must sleep.. its now 23:55 here in the benelux region.. work tomorrow ^_^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fatixxx said:

thanx @FYI

istanbul improved a lot on the infrastructure-side.. But istanbul needs and is eager for her own summer olympics.. BRIEFLY:

1// a totally new (IGA) istanbul grand airport, if not in the top 3 of the world with in total 6 runways cfr dax-beijjng) // source: Istanbul Airport - Wikipedia whereby th metro from/to the city center & the new airport will be operational (normally) within the year. 

2// i know that @baron-pierreIV (miles) (after i bought his ceremonies book) went to istanbul and read his findings.. what i remember was that he said the city was to vast and the density of population was higher of that of the metro/rapid infrastructure could handle.. and he was right (at that time) about those two issues.

3// meanwhile to overbridge those issues a lot has been built (and solved): an expand of the istanbul-underground will increase from 300 km in 2021 to 900 km in 2030 

* source/text-1: Istanbul Metro - Wikipedia * source/map-2: https://www.metro.istanbul/YolcuHizmetleri/AgHaritalari

4// the segunda-bosphorus will transfer the density/populated area and will also decrease the heavy-mega-shipping-traffic on the bosphorus, because the turkish olympic committee organises the annual cross-continental-swimming-race (and meanwhile the 34th has been swom and about 57-63 country delegates do participate each year)..

official-source/swimming-race: Samsung Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swimming Race (olimpiyatkomitesi.org.tr)

official-website/segunda-bosphorus: Boğaz nefes alacak, Türkiye kazanacak | Kanal İstanbul (kanalistanbul.gov.tr) 

by 2036 the canal will become fully operating so there will be certainity to enjoy all the outside-watersports on the posphorus waters; i.e. triatlon, surfing, etc..

youtube-video: 

tomorrow i will add the second-quick-resume.. especially the eventually masterplan how the immense croud and athletes can be transfered rapidly from the eventually asian-side opening ceremony to the olympic-village on the european side.. i must sleep.. its now 23:55 here in the benelux region.. work tomorrow ^_^

wow

22 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

Turkey is also basically bankrupt thanks to Erdogan.

Let‘s see how many of his projects will really be done - and by which time.

And that is why I’m a bit skeptical on locking in 2036 for Istanbul…

Unless they figure something out.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:35 AM, StefanMUC said:

Turkey is also basically bankrupt thanks to Erdogan.

Let‘s see how many of his projects will really be done - and by which time.

best @StefanMUC, i thought that the germans were always pro-active in a way of producing 'thinking' and actually this is something precious in european terms. but you  you tied up the end of the rope/your sentence to erdoğan. this sound a bit hostile and isnt appropiate in this thread, (whereby i did my best to give this thread an active turn after what FYI said, to get out of the vicious circle)..  not to mention that turkey ISNT bankrupt AT ALL! your sentence is just a shout of the manipulation of west-european media.. erdoğan is a very visionary leader whereby he only said to decrease/lower the intrest in stead of the normal adoption of the rise of theintrest.. AND this is ALSO said by LAGARDE  - current president of ECB european central bank in Frankfurt - in an uncertain exit-period of covid-19. 

i can use the same logica and say that germany is BASICALLY bankrupt thanks to merkel before she finished her bundeskanzlerin-ship.. because of the fact she did not run the economic-ressesion in a good NOT to speak about the very high inflation in german history.. it turned into a flop.. whereas erdoğan did it better with its own turkish-ecomomy criteria. This inflation will certainly will have an impact on every international sports organization in germany.. 

to close the case: i mean that this way of commenting to have written 'something' to comment, is not appropiate. BESIDES.. what do you want to provoke with your second sentence: "Let‘s see how many of his projects will really be done - and by which time". >> this way of saying just don't work.. erdoğan has ALREADY realized all his projects şn the last 10-15 years.. As i have shared the youtube video of the ISTANBUL GRAND AIRPORT for example.. he said that all the projects after 2020 will be extras/bonus as these will be realized step by step.. in this case after my explenation your 2 dispetious sentences has been rotten.. so please dont comment everythşng in the extension of erdoğan, but more in the frame of; can Turkey/Türkiye realise a well organised olympics (as for the olympic legacy) on istanbul-soil yes or no.. istanbul has certainly the capacity of organşsşng big events.. UNLESS istanbul gets forward with the robuust (speed/rail) infrastructure worx, wich will be acclomplshed şn the 2030 vision of the bicontinental city.. wich also have been the main obstacle at each applicancy/candidancy.. 

DID YOU HAVE CLICKED ON THE MAP-LINK that i shared here with all the forum-users, before you mentioned erdoğan ?? ±1000 km in 2035

2029sonras%C4%B1vizyonu

Please, im only asking everybody on this forum to be pro-active to grade-up the way of olympic-intellect-thinking to a higher level then just to etiquet a name of a president that made a country bankrupt. 1rst thats not true , 2nd this just dont work out as a comment on istanbuls capacity to deliver something special for the olympic history.. we have the one and only bicontinental-city in the world.. and to invigorate that narration istanbul had her own cross-continental marathon & swim-comoetition.. istanbul is definitly a city of sports and centers all the venues of the football, basketball, volleyball leages, the istanbul-open, the F1, etc.. with 16 million people it is a vibrant sports-city that will leave a legacy for the balcans-anatolia-middle-east world and generations to come.. please let us be sportsmenwise.. danke..

best regards, fatih

Look to this İNTELLECTUAL Story of 2 FORMULA-1 sportsmen.. i

stanbul certainly is eagering for its own olympics.. ist2036 would be more than ready by then, we need just a good if not a compact planning/organization

10 hours ago, fatixxx said:

Look to this İNTELLECTUAL Story of 2 FORMULA-1 sportsmen.. i

stanbul certainly is eagering for its own olympics.. ist2036 would be more than ready by then, we need just a good if not a compact planning/organization

That might be a replacement for Saint Petersburg, Russia.

These are some good posts, thats why I put Istanbul above the threshold of India, Indonesia, Qatar, Egypt, and the like.  Hell, maybe even Spain and England given the "track field issue".  Istanbul has a solution to the track field issue, and all of the other facilities can be build or are already in place.   Its a good bid.

4 hours ago, fatixxx said:

@SportLightning.. excuse me, but WHAT might be a replacement for SP ??

you are so scant/y in your comment.. could you tell something more, so we can understand you better..

I was saying the Saint Petersburg with Istanbul for the 2022 Formula 1 race schedule.

6 hours ago, SportLightning said:

I was saying the Saint Petersburg with Istanbul for the 2022 Formula 1 race schedule.

thanx, now i underdtand you better.. i kust found this video about F1-İstanbulPark seen from above