Berlin and Tel Aviv 2036

AustralianFan

Yes, it’s already been discussed. So don’t know why it‘s getting rehashed (along with the other older topics), especially when there’s nothing new to report, hence by the old articles. And this one in particular, is just fanciful at best, & absolutely ludicrous at worst. 

42 minutes ago, FYI said:

In fairness, that article is two years old and since last week we have a new government and interior minister, Nancy Faeser, first woman in that office. One that actually seems to take a hard stance against Nazis not only rhethorically like the quoted Mr Seehofer. She is Social Democrat, just like the new DOSB President (both their predecessors also were in the same party, Christian Democrats, Bavarian branch there).

As far as I know, she hasn‘t commented on sports issues like Olympics bids yet, so we‘ll have to see.

But that ludicrous Tel Aviv joint bid idea should really not be worth a dedicated thread in this forum.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Lord David said:

Ain't going to happen. Either Berlin on their own or Tel Aviv on their own. But Tel Aviv only if there is clear security with regards to Palestine (i.e the peace process), but I wouldn't expect them to host until the 40's or even 50's.

I'd take it a step further and say a Tel-Aviv bid is impossible until there is a full peace agreement that settles the Palestinian issue. Until that happens, I wouldn't expect the IOC to even listen to a potential Israeli bid 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stryker said:

I'd take it a step further and say a Tel-Aviv bid is impossible until there is a full peace agreement that settles the Palestinian issue. Until that happens, I wouldn't expect the IOC to even listen to a potential Israeli bid 

Yes, only once peace is made. Should Tel Aviv even be considered as a suitable host. Perhaps even proper recognition from Iran and other nations.

18 hours ago, Lord David said:

Yes, only once peace is made. Should Tel Aviv even be considered as a suitable host. Perhaps even proper recognition from Iran and other nations.

Berlin is likely a suitable co-host. But, it might be possible with Tel Aviv as suitable co-host.

• Confused 1

On 2/13/2022 at 5:29 PM, SportLightning said:

Berlin is likely a suitable co-host. But, it might be possible with Tel Aviv as suitable co-host.

Nope. Either Berlin alone, or Tel Aviv alone once peace has been firmly established. Berlin has all the venues already and can easily justify a modern new exhibition center for many indoor sports for example (They proposed the use of the International Congress Center for some indoor sports and Main Press Center for their 2000 bid).  The 1936 pool could be enclosed to serve as the main swimming venue too and the city could justify the construction of a new modern stadium for football.