Brazil 2027 FIFA Women's World Cup

SportLightning

23 hours ago, Bear said:

i'm a bit relieved. considering planning for the 2026 World Cup and LA28 is well underway, we really didn't need to add a third major competition in the mix between the two.

2031 will be interesting though, because we're also hosting the RWC that year. But if they can manage to work it out, then I'll support the bid.

It could've been too much with those other major events ahead, as you say.

Gonna be all about the stadium usage and scheduling between those events seriously overlapping with the MLB, MLS, and the NFL, obviously. If the RWC, with its 24-TEAM expanded field, rejects some stadiums from the candidacy, they'll likely be used for the other big events. Could any stadium really at least three major events including the pro sports leagues and the logistics like transportation? 

Here is the evaluation report with 10 days left to find out who will host, Brazil is the favorite to host with the technical score of 4.0. While Belgium-Germany-Netherlands has a technical score of 3.7 as with a high risk from contractual framework.

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/23756d029e53561b/original/FIFA-Women-s-World-Cup-2027-bid-evaluation-report.pdf

It's a close technical score.

Brazil for the 2027 edition is a low risk candidate. When the host is announced i will start a new topic about this FIFA Women's World Cup and add the host name to it.

• Sir Rols changed the title to FIFA Women's World Cup 2027 - Brazil

And the winner is Brazil!

On 5/8/2024 at 10:16 AM, SportLightning said:

When the host is announced i will start a new topic about this FIFA Women's World Cup and add the host name to

Saved you the trouble

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Sir Rols changed the title to Brazil 2027 FIFA Women's World Cup

Yay, this one's for you Marta :)

(More to the point, this one's for anyone at the FA capable of seeing beyond their own thumbs...2031)

Although obviously the final at the Maracana will be a wonderful occasion in its own right ^_^

Edited by yoshi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, yoshi said:

(More to the point, this one's for anyone at the FA capable of seeing beyond their own thumbs...2031)

I've posted this article a few times, but UK Sport's biggest aim in the coming decade is to land a women's world cup in the 2030s.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/05/uk-sport-womens-world-cup-fifa-britain-host

The path has just cleared beautifully for 2031. Looks like Europe's turn, France and Germany hosted recently and Spain is hosting the men's in 2030. At this stage, I'd be disappointed if we weren't reasonably strong favourites to land 2031.

But for now, congrats to Brazil. B)

Yup. I even wonder if FIFA are aware of UK Sport's message & that played into the decision to steer clear of Europe & go to Brazil. That and you know, who doesn't love the idea of a World Cup in Brazil ;) I'm very pleased for Marta personally too, it feels like a bit of a reward for all she's done in the years which laid the groundwork - I wouldn't even put it past her to unretire & try to play in 2027 :lol:

É NOSSA!!! É DO BRASIL!!!

11 hours ago, Rob2012 said:

I've posted this article a few times, but UK Sport's biggest aim in the coming decade is to land a women's world cup in the 2030s.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/05/uk-sport-womens-world-cup-fifa-britain-host

The path has just cleared beautifully for 2031. Looks like Europe's turn, France and Germany hosted recently and Spain is hosting the men's in 2030. At this stage, I'd be disappointed if we weren't reasonably strong favourites to land 2031.

But for now, congrats to Brazil. B)

Watch out for the americans, they removed their bid for 2027 to try to build on 2026 men's tournament. They should be your biggest rivals there.

14 hours ago, yoshi said:

Although obviously the final at the Maracana will be a wonderful occasion in its own right ^_^

I hope i can pay the tickets to that and go see the party in person, it's even close enough to home! I would add that the opener should be in São Paulo, at (now Neo Quimica) Arena Corinthians, despite that place having host the opener of 2014 already. That team is already big enough at the men's side, but, oh boy, their ladies are the undisputed Queens of South American football with a rol of honror of players. No joke. Much of it under the reign of their former coach, now on the Seleção, Arthur Elias and their former Women's Football Director, also in CBF now, Cris Gambaré too but even now they're still at the top of the national league 91st stage)table, along the other São Paulo state teams. In the women's game, this state really is above the others, but the best teams of other states can give some trouble at least.

• Like 1

No doubt it would be a wonderful sight to see huge legions of yellow-clad Brazilian women's soccer fans at the Maracana Stadium in Rio De Janeiro in the end.

This announcement shows how far Latin American women's soccer has come and continue to make up for lost time, especially since Brazil's military government outlawed women's soccer when the men kept on playing. Imagine if that didn't happen and allowed Estado Novo run its course. Would've invested in women's sports earlier. Brazil perhaps would've been world power even earlier and built a depth of talent by now. Still, it's got a quite a ways to go, but we're seeing the fruits of this. 

Speaking of the great Marta, we all remember that emotional and impassioned post-elimination speech in 2019 urging young Brazilian girls playing soccer to step up and fight for their rightful place in Brazilian soccer and invest deeply into it as it becomes familiar. We are seeing signs of this now in Brazil with this awarding of the 2027 WWC while being the queens of Latin American women's soccer. Maybe this would encourage more of a nationalization and deepening of the Brazilian women's game beyond Sao Paulo State and Rio De Janiero State.     

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am excited. The last World Cup saw Australia on the Matildas bandwagon with the national team finishing 4th which is the best finish for a host nation outside the USWNT. Brazil 2027 WWC will be a redux of the 2014 Men's World Cup with the same teams (32), same host nation (Brazil) and same amount of matches (64) plus most of the venues will be reused. 

Brazil is a football powerhouse of South America hosting the 1950 and 2014 Men's World Cup and the first time the Women's World Cup will be in South America.