Borjing 2022 medal designs

18 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Gawd, are they boring!!

Beijing 2022 Olympic medals design unveiled with 100 days to go - Bing video 

Could not be more lackluster and unimaginative.  The Asian Olympic medals are really quite bleh.  

Personally, I have not really cared for any Winter Games medal design since Innsbruck 64 and 76.  1988 was the last sort of traditional medal shape, after that we get crazy glass and bagel medals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Triplecast said:

Personally, I have not really cared for any Winter Games medal design since Innsbruck 64 and 76.  1988 was the last sort of traditional medal shape, after that we get crazy glass and bagel medals. 

I loved Albertville's medals, but beyond that, none have been really great, especially the bagel medals.  And I'm not at all hopeful we'll get anything better out of Milano-Cortina.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, piadolym said:
Any thoughts..? I think they're very conservative.... a little frustrating specially compared with 2008 ones (so unique with jade application). My personal favorite still is Torino 2006 donut lol

太鼓 銅鑼 - 楽器の人気商品・通販・価格比較 - 価格.com

Chinese gong!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Very dull medals.....I find just having the logo a bit of a cop out....

I thought the Tokyo medals were really bad too.

At least Tokyo medals matches the look (I'm not saying I liked it lol)... that Beijing medals seems a little disjointed and soulless compared with others elements of visual identity..

• Like 1