Ticketing arrangements in EU

I live in the UK. For the past 2 games (Turin and Athens) Europeans have been able to buy tickets online from the main games websites, and enter the lottery. Will this be the same for Bejing?

From what I can make out, people from other continents have had more difficulties in getting tickets, eg haven't been able to enter the lottery, and have had to go through what seem to be expensive brokers (eg in USA CoSport) who take a markup

Does anyone have any decent info on ticketing arrangements for Europe?

thanks

I live in the UK. For the past 2 games (Turin and Athens) Europeans have been able to buy tickets online from the main games websites, and enter the lottery. Will this be the same for Bejing?

From what I can make out, people from other continents have had more difficulties in getting tickets, eg haven't been able to enter the lottery, and have had to go through what seem to be expensive brokers (eg in USA CoSport) who take a markup

Does anyone have any decent info on ticketing arrangements for Europe?

thanks

For Athens and Turin it was specific because of the European Community.

In Europe you have to sell in the same condition to all the european citizen. So if you want to sell tickets directly to people in Greec or Italy you have to do it as well to people in UK or France ...

For Beijing, Europe will applicate the IOC's rules... And tickets will be only sold through the National Olympic Committees (or their official tickets' agencies)....

For Beijing, Europe will applicate the IOC's rules... And tickets will be only sold through the National Olympic Committees (or their official tickets' agencies)....

Correct.

Actually, in the US, if history holds true - tickets (and optional tour/lodging arrangements) will probably be offered via Carsten Tours which have been offering all foreign Olympic tickets and tours since 1992, I believe.  (I know I bought my Barcelona tickets from them; but made our own lodging arrangements.)  

Carsten is officially anointed by the USOC as its Official Olympic Ticketing resource in the U.S.  (So, it would be a similar arrangment with other countries.)  Tickets that probably show up on Ticketmaster or eBay are already 2nd-hand tickets -- meaning individuals who have already purchased some, are unloading them on their own -- so said tickets have additional premiums and/or could be fake.  

For LA, Atlanta and Salt Lake, because they were domestic Olympic Games, the organizing committees, sold directly to the US public.

There is talk however (I cant find the link but I did read it) that some Beijing tickets may be available on Ticketmaster in Australia - due to some Olympic agreement - allowing greater spectator participation.

In this case, Ticketmaster becomes the official supplier of the Australian Olympic Committee.

We had the same in France for the Turin 2006 games.

We could directly buy tickets on www.torino2006.org but also on www.francebillet.fr. France Billet is a ticket supplier (like Ticketmaster) which received the right to sell on line the tickets from the French Olympic Committee.

Archived