Ahmedabad 2036

AustralianFan

That may have been my fault. I was deleting some spam counterfeit passport threads the other day and I accidentally flagged AustralianFan as the spammer. Only GBModerator could undo that.

I do apologise profusely to @AustralianFan, sorry for that and hope it didn’t cause you too much anguish. So sorry if it also deleted any of your posts.  And thanks for reporting spam, but in future DO NOT POST ON ANY OF THOSE THREADS. It can cause all sorts of probs if you do.  You don’t need to tell them they’ve been reported and we’ll find them anyway - they’re not exactly subtle.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

That may have been my fault. I was deleting some spam counterfeit passport threads the other day and I accidentally flagged AustralianFan as the spammer. Only GBModerator could undo that.

I do apologise profusely to @AustralianFan, sorry for that and hope it didn’t cause you too much anguish. So sorry if it also deleted any of your posts.  And thanks for reporting spam, but in future DO NOT POST ON ANY OF THOSE THREADS. It can cause all sorts of probs if you do.  You don’t need to tell them they’ve been reported and we’ll find them anyway - they’re not exactly subtle.

Thanks Sir Rols.

I have reported spammers on gamesbids.com several times over the years.

I was reporting to everyone else that the “Spam had been reported”.

This lets everyone else in the Gamesbids community know that the spam had been reported.  That’s all.

What has happened now, in the same week that I contracted covid here in melbourne, the entire Brisbane 2032 thread has disappeared.  

Can this be recovered Sir Rols?

8 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Can the Brisbane 2032 thread be recovered Sir Rols?

45 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

I was reporting to everyone else that the “Spam had been reported”.

This lets everyone else in the Gamesbids community know that the spam had been reported.  That’s all.

Yeah. You don;t need to do that. It’s superfluous, especially when it’s so obviously a spam post. I may not be on constantly, but I do check in regularly several times each day. I’ll terminate them with extreme prejudice when I notice them. What happened in this case was i clicked on the thread to flag it, but instead of flagging the original spammer, I ended up flagging the last poster on it - unfortunately, you. Don’t worry about it in the future - I believe any acknowledgement of such spamming just gives them oxygen, and it avoids such stuff-ups as this in the future. Don’t worry, me or one of the other mods will notice and zap.

45 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Can this be recovered Sir Rols?

37 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Can the Brisbane 2032 thread be recovered Sir Rols?

Unfortunately, that’s beyond my user privileges. You’d have to request GBModerator. I don’t know if it’s technically possible or not. Cross fingers.

Wish you a speedy recovery from Covid. Hang in there.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

Thanks Sir Rols.   We both, my partner and I, have had a scary bad week since testing positive a week ago, but thanks to the daily checkins and care at home by the excellent Royal Melbourne Hospital team, we’ve both turned the corner and enjoying our first full day of feeling normal, wanting to eat and tasting what we eat and drink.

But back to the Brisbane 2032 thread, do you know the best way to contact a GB Moderator?

52 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Yeah. You don;t need to do that. It’s superfluous, especially when it’s so obviously a spam post. I may not be on constantly, but I do check in regularly several times each day. I’ll terminate them with extreme prejudice when I notice them. What happened in this case was i clicked on the thread to flag it, but instead of flagging the original spammer, I ended up flagging the last poster on it - unfortunately, you. Don’t worry about it in the future - I believe any acknowledgement of such spamming just gives them oxygen, and it avoids such stuff-ups as this in the future. Don’t worry, me or one of the other mods will notice and zap.

Unfortunately, that’s beyond my user privileges. You’d have to request GBModerator. I don’t know if it’s technically possible or not. Cross fingers.

Wish you a speedy recovery from Covid. Hang in there.

Thanks Sir Rols.   We both, my partner and I, have had a scary bad week since testing positive a week ago, but thanks to the daily checkins and care at home by the excellent Royal Melbourne Hospital team, we’ve both turned the corner and enjoying our first full day of feeling normal, wanting to eat and tasting what we eat and drink.

But back to the Brisbane 2032 thread, do you know the best way to contact a GB Moderator?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

They're only asking about China in order for them to make a point about India. But China had a good 1990 Asian Games under their belt in 1993 during the 2000 campaign, & were of course, bidding with the "capital of 1/5 of humanity" that's yet to host the Olympics. And another thing to keep in mind about the Beijing 2000 bid, was that JAS was very keen on seeing China winning those Games. And despite the then IOC president's support, in the end, the Chinese still fell short on their goal. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/eye-on-hosting-2036-olympics-gujarat-plans-mega-sports-complex-101649933415717.html

"The Gujarat government has begun engaging with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for hosting the 2036 Summer Olympic Games in Ahmedabad and the committee members are scheduled to visit the complex in 2025."

9 hours ago, SportGuyz said:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/eye-on-hosting-2036-olympics-gujarat-plans-mega-sports-complex-101649933415717.html

"The Gujarat government has begun engaging with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for hosting the 2036 Summer Olympic Games in Ahmedabad and the committee members are scheduled to visit the complex in 2025."

But monsoon season.

Is "let's see" akin to "we'll see" around here these days? 

Seems so doubtful that the IOC is in "serious talks" with anyone about 2036, especially when they haven't even awarded the 2030 Winter Games yet, which happen a full six-&-a-half years earlier, & also considering the state of the world ATM, which is quite tumultuous.

If there's anything the IOC is in 'serious talks' with India about, is next year's IOC session in Mumbai, which now appears to be the target date of when the 2030 Winter Olympics (the Games that the IOC should be concerned with in awarding next) will officially get anointed.