Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

6 hours ago, yoshi said:

Yeah that's kinda the point I'm making... don't you have any free sites for a new stadium that'd be cheaper than the Gabba? And possibly even a little bit bigger? You've got cricket and I think AFL, so it's not like there's no market. The site of the Gabba would probably be pretty lucrative too. I get the history and how close to the city it is, but from (a long way) afar, it just strikes as less bang for your buck than you could get...

There’s a lot of good sense in the points you raised. 

The Premier of Queensland very recently said when this story broke that the Government is committed to the plan it submitted to the masterplan it as approved by the IOC and would proceed with the Gabba demolition and rebuild plan centred around the Cross River Rail transport hub there with the new long Brisbane Metro articulated buses (that look like trams) running through there as well. 

2 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

“Brisbane-based architects hoping to design a stadium for the 2032 Olympic Games have created a sports arena to host potentially millions of competitors - online players of the hit video game Fortnite.”

So the renders shown last year, aren't actually the final design of the venue?

1 hour ago, Chris_Mex said:

No, the original design is never the final design. It is just a quick mock.

London original mock

spacer.png

spacer.png

Second mock

spacer.png

Final mock (and actual design)

spacer.png

Tokyo 2020

Original artist impression

spacer.png

spacer.png

Final designspacer.png

Even Birmingham

Original design

spacer.png

spacer.png

Final design

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Chris_Mex said:

There two conversarions happening here that have somehow got mixed up.

The Brisbane Times story just above is about the potential design of an e-sports gaming venue at Brisbane 2032 should this sport be added by the IOC.

“Brisbane-based developer Limitless has registered plans to build an AUS$140 million (£80.5 million/$97.1 million/€95.3 million) apartment tower in Hamilton Northshore, the area which is set to be the home of the Athletes' Village at the 2032 Olympics.”

I still think the Brisbane Games are being held way too early in the year (mid Winter)..............this morning for example it was 6 degrees with a howling wind,....and this is a month after the Olympic dates!

I think Sept 1-17, the first week of Spring would have made more sense and not be too late in the athletic year. You dont go to a beach resort like the Gold Coast to freeze. I was there last week and it was way too cold to swim.

6 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

I still think the Brisbane Games are being held way too early in the year (mid Winter)..............this morning for example it was 6 degrees with a howling wind,....and this is a month after the Olympic dates!

I think Sept 1-17, the first week of Spring would have made more sense and not be too late in the athletic year. You dont go to a beach resort like the Gold Coast to freeze. I was there last week and it was way too cold to swim.

I still wouldn't go swimming in early September. Brrr. 

12 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Speak to the IOC who are so adamant on the timeframe of the Games. 

That looks very nice - and rather... official? That film really looks like an official launch film - I wonder if this is actually a leak? The only thing that's making me doubt whether it'll be the real thing is the use of Brisbane alone, would GC go for that?

It looks like an update of Sydney 2000 too, nice touch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

A Brisbane 2032 brand film which appears to be from design firm MW.

Looks great.  

GYWgiU0.jpg

Correction:  I made an error and the Brisbane 2032 is not from the MW design group as I mentioned above.  The youtube clip has the initials “MW” on it - Matt Webb.  So appears to be from Matt Web graphic design.

Anyway, below are comparisons of the Matt Webb design idea for the Brisbane 2032 brand idea (which I really like) with these official Olympic brands from 1992, 2000 and 2016 :

LctS2mV.jpg

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

That looks very nice - and rather... official? That film really looks like an official launch film - I wonder if this is actually a leak? The only thing that's making me doubt whether it'll be the real thing is the use of Brisbane alone, would GC go for that?

It looks like an update of Sydney 2000 too, nice touch. 

Hey Yoshi, yes I like the discrete nod to Sydney 2000 as well in the design.

This is not the official logo but a brand design idea from (I think but not confirmed) Matt Webb graphic design.

The use of the “Brisbane 2032” is an accepted description for these Games according to the IOC website and encompasses all the Queensland venues, including Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast (plus interstate football venues).

I think it really matches the colours of Brisbane and Queensland and very international and Olympic looking - sun, sea, green forests, mountains and golden beaches which covers where all the venues are.

That just makes it look even more like a leek/soft launch. Would a non- official project be ready with that many applications? Whatever it is, I doubt Brisbane 2032 will find much better - if it's unofficial then BOCOG should get on to the designer and sign them up... just noticed the figure also forms a B32 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoshi said:

That just makes it look even more like a leek/soft launch. Would a non- official project be ready with that many applications? Whatever it is, I doubt Brisbane 2032 will find much better - if it's unofficial then BOCOG should get on to the designer and sign them up... just noticed the figure also forms a B32 

Absolutely. 

You’re right, the logo also forms “B32”.  Well spotted, I hasn’t noticed that until you said it.

7XvcmtV.jpg