Brisbane 2032

Perth to be ‘best hockey facility in world’ as Australia looks to Brisbane Olympics

“Perth has been the hub of Australia hockey since 1984 and now Hockey WA has beaten off competition from four rival states – Hockey ACT, Hockey NSW, Hockey Queensland and Hockey Victoria – to be retained as home for the Kookaburras and Hockeyroos and a ‘one-stop-shop’ for athletes following the Paris Olympics.”

Brisbane 2032 - Future Brisbane Presentation and Speakers

Full replay in above link.

Very, very interesting presentations by these speakers and panellists, particularly by Transurban CEO, Scott Charlton Thorburn about transportation challenges and transport projects heading toward Brisbane 2032, on the back of a booming population.

“The first option is to use the Airport Link tunnel from the Brisbane Metro station at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital at Herston directly to the airport.“

“A business case is now under way into the second option: extending the gold CityGlider bus route between the Gabba and Hamilton Northshore, the future Olympic athletes' village, to the airport.”

1 minute ago, Gonzo said:

Is this some kind of joke?

No Australian qualified enough to be CEO, have to import a Yank who in her own words was retiring and heading back to the US from Singapore

This appointment needs to be investigated

Should have been Gill McLaughlin.

I think they wanted a woman though by the looks of it.

She'll be nearly 70 by the time 2032 comes around, unlikely she'll make it till then and will be replaced in a few years.

However still doesn't cover up the fact it should be an Australian in the role

And what does she as an accountant/consultant bring to the role?

Probably will find out in a few weeks she has close links to John Coates

• Thanks 1

The Brisbane 2032 Board wanted someone highly capable and who can do the job.

Cindy Hook has won this job on her own merits, demonstrated skils and experience in what would have been a highly competitive and influential field of applicants.

We need to be careful here not to be armchair experts because none of us were on the selection panel for the Brisbane 2032 CEO position.

Gender or nationality has nothing to do with the skills and qualities required to perform this role.

Congratulations Cindy Hook.

• Like 1

Australia, grow up . We are a nation of immigrants. We expect appointment on merit. The panel chose her from 50 applicants on what she brought to the table. They didn't pick her name from a hat.

Sounds like the cringey whinging about the marching band in Sydney that had 'too many foreign kids' in it.....we should be better than that.

I think we are entitled to an opinion. 

I didn’t have a problem with Jeroen Weimar being CEO of Victoria 2026 as he has at least been involved in Australia and more specifically Victoria over the past 7-8 years especially with public transport which with Regional Games, will be a much needed bit of expertise. 

Looking at Cindy Hook’s Linkedin, she has had no involvement in sport at all and she has barely been involved in Aus- yes she has been at Deloite but really what help is that when trying to organise the OC for the biggest global event in the world? It feels like she has just been shipped in for the job. She was planning on retiring for goodness sakes!

“A woman who helped steer one of the world's biggest accounting networks through the COVID-19 pandemic has been appointed as the CEO of the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.”

“Ms Hook previously lived in Australia for 10 years.”

"In my prior role, leading Deloitte, I was in Brisbane very regularly … and I'm really excited to make this my new home."

“Brisbane Olympics president Andrew Liveris said Ms Hook won the role of CEO after a rigorous selection process that involved more than 50 high-quality applicants from across the globe.”

"We needed an individual that knows what it takes to run a multi-billion-dollar business on time and on budget, as well as how to engage to the community, industry and the corporate sector," Mr Liveris said.”

59 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

“A woman who helped steer one of the world's biggest accounting networks through the COVID-19 pandemic has been appointed as the CEO of the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.”

“Ms Hook previously lived in Australia for 10 years.”

"In my prior role, leading Deloitte, I was in Brisbane very regularly … and I'm really excited to make this my new home."

“Brisbane Olympics president Andrew Liveris said Ms Hook won the role of CEO after a rigorous selection process that involved more than 50 high-quality applicants from across the globe.”

"We needed an individual that knows what it takes to run a multi-billion-dollar business on time and on budget, as well as how to engage to the community, industry and the corporate sector," Mr Liveris said.”

How does that explain her experience with sports? 

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

How does that explain her experience with sports? 

We’re not on the selection panel and we have no access to the CEO’s credentials or what the Board were looking for.

Out of 50 applicants from across the world, the Brisbane 2032 Board got the person they were after with the skills and credentials they wanted in their CEO.

Andrew Liveris is the Chairperson of the Brisbane 2032 Organising Committee.

Cindy Hook is the Chief Executive Officer of the Brisbane 2033 Organising Committee.