Brisbane 2032

36 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

The cauldron on top would have been very good- it is VERY high and would have been visible from a lot if the city. Sigh

I agree. Plus, I'm pretty sure they'll use the Botanical Gardens for a Live Site, so that would've been nice, too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

One good thing about the consideration of the bridge for the cauldron is that they are thinking about a great place for the Olympic Flame 10 YEARS before the Games...they last few cauldrons seem to be afterthoughts made up in a last minute panic.

It could even be the place that the cauldron remains post game to create a legacy of the Brisbane 2032 Olympic Games

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:46 AM, SportLightning said:

I totally agree with that venue for surfing.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:49 AM, Sir Rols said:

This guy is one reason I don’t think it would be good to give everyone the ability to start polls

Seriously Rols? You’re a Moderator and you are actually trolling another member?

What a terrible terrible example you are setting as a Moderator of Gamesbids Forums.

What low threshold do you have as a Gamesbids Moderator that you would troll and make fun of another member simply for discussing a surfing venue.

You’re not just any member.  You’re a Moderator for goodness sake.  You should be setting an example and leading.

Not dive-bombing as you just did with Sportlighting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:51 AM, ulu said:

Probably at Coolangatta (Snapper Rockers)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiksilver_Pro_Gold_Coast

On 2/17/2022 at 9:46 AM, SportLightning said:

I totally agree with that venue for surfing.

Agree SportLightning and Ulu that Snapper Rocks would be an ideal location as the surfing venue in 2032.   Close to the Gold Coast Athletes Village and a huge surfing community in that area.

18 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Seriously Rols? You’re a Moderator and you are actually trolling another member?

What a terrible terrible example you are setting as a Moderator of Gamesbids Forums.

What low threshold do you have as a Gamesbids Moderator that you would troll and make fun of another member simply for discussing a surfing venue.

You’re not just any member.  You’re a Moderator for goodness sake.  You should be setting an example and leading.

Not dive-bombing as you just did with Sportlighting.

They seem to be a bit too abrasive for being a moderator.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ulu said:

They seem to be a bit too abrasive for being a moderator.

Okay, to address the issue of SportLightning.

I invite you to compare his profile and posting history here: SportLightning

With that of a former member TeamBlakeUSA. TeamBlake was suspended numerous times and still has posting restrictions on his account for his behaviour of frequent posting of seemingly innocuous and inane posts, which ultimately proved disruptive.

Indeed, looking at those two profiles now, I think it’s obvious they are the same person, and SportLightning is an alt account being used to get past his restrictions. I will flag him for report. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

See post above

And just in case the evidence is, err, tampered with:

51901055708_02d2ed6eb2_w.jpg           51901299054_22d489edd4_w.jpg

Maybe I should thank you for prompting me to confirm my suspicions. And maybe you should know all the facts next time before you jump so quickly to accuse.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

See post above

And just in case the evidence is, err, tampered with:

51901055708_02d2ed6eb2_w.jpg           51901299054_22d489edd4_w.jpg

Maybe I should thank you for prompting me to confirm my suspicions. And maybe you should know all the facts next time before you jump so quickly to accuse.

No, i'm with AustralianFan. The trolling for making fun of my previous was worth it. I hate it when you did that to me. No more off topic nonsense, confriendo?

27 minutes ago, SportLightning said:

No, i'm with AustralianFan. The trolling for making fun of my previous was worth it. I hate it when you did that to me. No more off topic nonsense, confriendo?

Of course you do. You were caught out red-handed.

Do you deny that you’re TeamBlakeUSA?

Edited by Sir Rols

1 hour ago, Sir Rols said:

Of course you do. You were caught out red-handed.

Do you deny that you’re TeamBlakeUSA?

No, i didn't i joined several as my first account. I've been getting updates for a lot of events since 2013, then i joined since 2015, i wasn't caught red handed that point i had no experiences at that time.

format,png

1 minute ago, SportLightning said:

No, i didn't i joined several as my first account. I've been getting updates for a lot of events since 2013, then i joined since 2015, i wasn't caught red handed that point i had no experiences at that time.

format,png

The point is, you were warned, suspended three times, then your account permanently restricted, then you started this account to get past your restrictions.

Your recent postings also follow similar patterns to what had you warned, suspended and restricted in the first place.