Brisbane 2032

i did my minor in my degree in marketing so ive been speaking to some mates who work in the field. one works for a billboard company and they are already getting enquiries about securing space during the games, whilst another works at another tourist attraction that has native animals (i will not name it) and they have had a massive influx of enquiries from film crews since it was announced the border was opening doing puff pieces on brisbane

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 6:03 AM, AustralianFan said:

Surfing is now confirmed as a permanent Olympic sport so Brisbane 2032 now has certainty of it’s inclusion.    There were discissions earlier in this thread where a 2032 surfing venue might be.

Plenty of options either on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast. 

I am really hoping cricket is included 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tejas57 said:

i would think metricon or alan boarder field would be the locations for cricket

Agreed- Metricon Stadium which hosted Athletics and the Ceremonies during the 2018 Commonwealth Games has hosted Big Bash League, Domestic One Day Cup, Women's Internationals (Test/T20), and Men's Twenty20 International matches. Allan Border Field is currently undergoing a redevelopment.

There is also a possibility of North Queensland (i.e. Great Barrier Reef Arena, Riverway Stadium, Cazaly's Stadium) all hosting matches if required too.

2 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Freeman was born in Queensland, and her family had deep roots (including her aboriginal country) In Queensland. She did live at the time in Melbourne.

Dylan was born in Victoria.

Well, of course, it just shows how ambiguous it can be. Freeman has lived in Melbourne since the late 80s.

Queensland has so many choices- half the Australian Olympic champion swimmers of the last 20 years have been from Queensland.

If Emma McKeon wins another two medals in Paris she will be the most decorated female swimmer in Olympic history, and if she gets another seven will be the most decorated female in Olympic history....