3. Anicent Civ.

4. The Vatican

5. Venice

6. Art

7. Old , Moldy Buildings

8. Bad Goverment

9. Football , well maybe not that good

10. Coffee

mmmm let me see US are good at....mmmm...wait...I can manage it....mmmm...oh sh*t I've begun a sentence I can't finish!!!! :P

se diria "estas tu tambè tocat per la tramontana?" pero me parece que no vas bien encaminado,este quintana es holandés

uyyyy holandes... :blink:

pero yo creo se diria k los catalanes SON TOCATS porque es su naturaleza, no es k ESTAN, porque nunca van a ser de mens sana..... :lol:

Catalanes...es bromaaaaaaaaa...os adorooooooo!!! :P

Honestly who cares about how much art and architecture and that crap a city or country has, its about time the Euro goes into Eastern Europe and there is no better place then football mad Croatia and Hungary

As he wanted to show how are those cities...I wanted to show ho are mines...and let me say italian ones posess different kinds of fascination...although, hey, I think I'd love Croatia if I could have a trip there!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Croatia has a rich and vibrat past and present. It is a wonderful nation and a proud people that would put on an amazing tournement.

I prefer the Italian culture, beaches, food and monuments... :rolleyes: Viva Italia! :)

PD. The USA are good at Geography :D

Rijeka (34 000)

rijeka.jpg

Though it's not big enough, this stadium would make a beautiful olympic stadium. Imagine a cauldron on top of that spire! Imagine lighting such a thing with a flame snaking its way to the top!

Though it's not big enough, this stadium would make a beautiful olympic stadium. Imagine a cauldron on top of that spire! Imagine lighting such a thing with a flame snaking its way to the top!

WOW, that stadium in really amazing!

The only mistake I find in Croatia-Hungary is that I'm very bored of binational Eurocups... :(

Netherlands-Belgium 2000, Austria-Switzerland 2008... Croatia-Hungary 2012?

WOW, that stadium in really amazing!

The only mistake I find in Croatia-Hungary is that I'm very bored of binational Eurocups... :(

Netherlands-Belgium 2000, Austria-Switzerland 2008... Croatia-Hungary 2012?

I agree Mikel, as it means another European nation has to miss out. It's the same for the World Cup cos it means one less nation gets the chance to actually 'win' the chance... Plus it means a lot of moving around for supporters and different cultures and customs. I know that is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can mean that people get confused and get themselves into trouble!

I'm not really bothered who gets it! Bearing in mind what I have just said about one nation hosting instead of two, then I guess Italy, but I think any of the candidates should ahve a chance to do it on their own...

I agree Mikel, as it means another European nation has to miss out. It's the same for the World Cup cos it means one less nation gets the chance to actually 'win' the chance... Plus it means a lot of moving around for supporters and different cultures and customs. I know that is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can mean that people get confused and get themselves into trouble!

I'm not really bothered who gets it! Bearing in mind what I have just said about one nation hosting instead of two, then I guess Italy, but I think any of the candidates should ahve a chance to do it on their own...

Well the tournement would be set up so that 8 countries are based in Croatia and 8 are based in Hungary and then those 8 teams would be playing their quaters in each of the countries. Not to mention Croatia and Hungary are close together, similarly cheap and tourist friendly. Not to mention that Croatia is a likely qualifier to beging with. Its not like its two nations that have no hope of qualifying.

When will the 2012 decission be taken? In less than 6 years the tournament will begin! :blink:

PS. There is already any candidate for Euro 2016? I heard Spain was interested in hosting it (we want to host the Euro 2016 or WC 2018)

decision on euro 2012 will take place in december 2006

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Keytopics/kind=41...sId=364810.html

I feel that the current crisis in Italian football basically rules them out as hosters of this tournament. The reprucusions of this scandal will still be felt in Dec. Also, I enjoy the joint bids as it opens up the possibilities of hosting to all nations. To me an Italian EuroCup is 'meh', whereas a Hungarian/Croatian or Polish/Ukranian tournament is much more exciting. In my opinion being a footballing powerhouse nation should have no bearing on where the Cup is held. Football is universal!

I read yesterday that Scotland is planning to bid alone for 2016. Wales will bid with another Celtic neighbour (if Scotland bids alone, then Wales should bid with Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland). I hope Spain bids, too.

I think the bi-national bids are very boring...why can't a country like Ukraine (the third biggest country in Europe) host alone, or Poland? :blink: Portugal made a great effort to host the Euro 2004, they built the stadiums, the high-ways and renewed the country!

Ukraine, Poland, YOU CAN DO IT ALONE, so NO POLAND-UKRAINE 2012!!! <_<

I do repeat:

that italian football scandal is the end of an era, euro2012 will be the beginning of another! btw, italy's doing excellent in this WC and this could be a +point!!!

ps:I'd love a Scotland bid although I don't think they have so many cities to host the matches.

UEFA can make two things:

a) Give the Euro to Italy because the competition isn't so 'prestigious' now that 'second-class' countries are hosting it (Belgium-Netherlands 2000, Portugal 2004, Austria-Switzerland 2008). So Italy will come with the glamour and will make the competition more impressive.

B) Go to Croatia-Hungary and make the Euro Cup be a second-class competition only given to countries that can't host a WC or an Olympics.

I read yesterday that Scotland is planning to bid alone for 2016. Wales will bid with another Celtic neighbour (if Scotland bids alone, then Wales should bid with Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland). I hope Spain bids, too.

Interesting. I still think Scotland would have the three stadia in one city problem with Glasgow, but there's no reason why they can't host it. Wales and the Republic of Ireland would be good as well.

Interesting. I still think Scotland would have the three stadia in one city problem with Glasgow, but there's no reason why they can't host it. Wales and the Republic of Ireland would be good as well.

As I said, I prefer an alone bid, so I would support Scotland.

PS. Can't Ireland bid alone? (The Republic of Ireland, of course)

I think the point Mikel stressed is very interesting and appropriate:

will UEFA organize EURO competitions as a 2nd (or 3rd in some cases) class event and decide for little or not-so-important States/host, or will them try to give it a more international and prestigious mark and give it to a big Nation?

It's not only a Euro2012 topic, but a mid/long term organization issue.

As I said, I prefer an alone bid, so I would support Scotland.

PS. Can't Ireland bid alone? (The Republic of Ireland, of course)

It would be difficult, because of the hostility between football and Gaelic games, which are played in most of Ireland's larger stadia. Croke Park, the national stadium for Gaelic games, will stage Irish football and rugby internationals while Lansdowne Road is redeveloped, but I couldn't necessarily see a wider use of Gaelic games arenas for a football championship bid.

What about an all-Ireland bid?

I think that as a long-term organizational issue conceding that the euro-cup will only be held in the large footballing nations will force the rest of the continent to become jaded with the tournament. Everyone needs to feel like they have a chance. Allowing the smaller or less-prepared nations to double-up spreads the joy of the game to more ppl, is good for football's popularity, and plays to one of the sport's strengths - a sport for everyone. Its a continental tourny, not a global tourny - the standard for holding the games shouldnt be as rigorous. Italy has held 2 World Cups and 2 Euro Cups previously, Poland/Ukraine/Hungary/Croatia have never held these competitions - (Yugoslavia once). This stat alone is enough for me to say no to Italy for a while. Nothing against Italy (I'm rooting for them in tomorrow's final) its just become feasible for other nations to host, and so they should.

Archived