EURO 2012

Faster: it's true what you say...those are THE problems of Italy's bids BUT Euro2012 could be THE changing point for us! don't you think so?

aaronaugi1: why do you think that list would be strange? and why should Italy have to look forward to WorldCup? We hosted it in 1990 and it's only 16 years ago...which means very few years comparing with the hugeness of the Planet!

Italy's problems won't be solved by a soccer tournement. Italy needs a new government system, a new constitution, a more politically active population, better law enforcement, especially towards corpution, a stable government, parity programs for the south, and to get ride of their fear of strong leaders. Italy needs to change or it will be pushed out of the fifth seed in Europe.

you id***!!!

am i coming to your country and trying to change your constitution? last elections more than 80% of population voted...and i'm note here to justify my Country in front of you. Italy does not need me to do that!!!

who r u to say something like that,?

Have you read your constitution? Guess what its manditory reading for an advanced history and politics class at my school. It is used as an example of a politically ambigous document and a poor attempt at uniting two political philosophies. All of Italians problems go down to that one document writen in the mid 19th century. Its the reason your governments haven't been stable, its the reason the bureaucracy in Italy has so much power and the ability to corrupt the state. Its the reason the North and the South are still so far apart, and it is the reason Mussolini could come to power. Though this is certainly not a surprise considering the likes of Niccolo Machiavelli came from Italy. I guess the powerful in Italy read a little to much of "The Prince" and the people of Italy care too little about their own country. Don't you wonder how Italy could have gone from top economy in Europe, to fifth fidle behind Germany, the UK, France and Spain, and could potentially lose more ground to Turkey, Ukraine and Poland. Italy has always had the problem of thinking itself bigger then what it actually is. I guess you're no different.

And BTW before you or any other takes a swing at Canada, everything I can say about Italy holds true to the screwed up Great White North. Except the terms of Confederation are to blame, not a constitution.

You're right, although Italy is my second favourite country. We're as cousins. Italy should get modernised.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...and it is the reason Mussolini could come to power.

Though this is certainly not a surprise considering the likes of Niccolo Machiavelli came from Italy.

BTW:

Italian constitution was written in 1947.

Mussolini founded the "fasci di combattimento" in 1919; king Vittorio Emanuele III had to give the government to Mussolini in 1922 after the "marcia su Roma"; 10.july.1943 the fascism ended and a new goverbnment by Badoglio was formed; 28.april.1945 Il Duce was shot.

Can you explain us how our constitution could help Mussolini's rise...?

Don't you know Machiavelli is considered worldwide one of the best politics theorist and that he lived between XV and XVI century? What does he has to do with the Constitution?

• 2 weeks later...
Have you read your constitution? Guess what its manditory reading for an advanced history and politics class at my school. It is used as an example of a politically ambigous document and a poor attempt at uniting two political philosophies. All of Italians problems go down to that one document writen in the mid 19th century. Its the reason your governments haven't been stable, its the reason the bureaucracy in Italy has so much power and the ability to corrupt the state. Its the reason the North and the South are still so far apart, and it is the reason Mussolini could come to power. Though this is certainly not a surprise considering the likes of Niccolo Machiavelli came from Italy. I guess the powerful in Italy read a little to much of "The Prince" and the people of Italy care too little about their own country. Don't you wonder how Italy could have gone from top economy in Europe, to fifth fidle behind Germany, the UK, France and Spain, and could potentially lose more ground to Turkey, Ukraine and Poland. Italy has always had the problem of thinking itself bigger then what it actually is. I guess you're no different.

And BTW before you or any other takes a swing at Canada, everything I can say about Italy holds true to the screwed up Great White North. Except the terms of Confederation are to blame, not a constitution.

yeah I've read my costitution and I'm proud of it.. it's one of the greatest!

for anyelse you said.. that's just your opinion Faster! a ignorant's opinion

don't azard comments about something you don't know or you misunderstand..

Hehe! What a funny website!

"If a computer were to decide where to hold UEFA EURO 2012, Italy would win because a computer can only assess data. A machine is "square" but (luckily) a ball is round. That is why match results are unpredictable, and so is the race for hosting UEFA EURO 2012."

???

What are the two random dogs about!?

• 4 weeks later...

Lets see .....

Rome is clean and decent

Milan as well

Bolonga is a meatball

Turin looks quite and eligant

I donno where the hell Firenze is ....

Genoa is flooded with rich people

Naples is near a volcano

Palermo is some island city used for the amazing race .....

What more can I say -.-"

Here are some clues: Michelangelo,Leonardo,Machiavelli,the Medici family and a certain famous British nurse who had a birdlike surname was born here and named after the place!! :rolleyes:

Lets see .....

Rome is clean and decent

Milan as well

Bolonga is a meatball

Turin looks quite and eligant

Genoa is flooded with rich people

Naples is near a volcano

Palermo is some island city used for the amazing race .....

What more can I say -.-"

what are you trying to say except that you donnow where the earth art's heart is? (excuse my little word-game...)

He probably only knows Firenze under the name Florence. As a little kid I always thought the Italian name of Firenze was Fiorentina, just like the football club :D

hola! ets el teu tambè tucat per la tramuntana??? eheheheh

O sigui, et dius Quintana com el cantant de Sopa de Cabra?

hayyyyy madre mia k error...se dice "ets tu", verdad?

Honestly who cares about how much art and architecture and that crap a city or country has, its about time the Euro goes into Eastern Europe and there is no better place then football mad Croatia and Hungary

hola! ets el teu tambè tucat per la tramuntana??? eheheheh

O sigui, et dius Quintana com el cantant de Sopa de Cabra?

hayyyyy madre mia k error...se dice "ets tu", verdad?

se diria "estas tu tambè tocat per la tramontana?" pero me parece que no vas bien encaminado,este quintana es holandés

Archived