- Croatia + Hungary

- Ukraine + Poland

Which do you think will host the games?

Let me say something that would help your choice

_In 2008 there's already a double country hosting, Austria+Switzerland

_Poland and Ukraine are very big countries

_Ukraine is in a non-stable political moment

_Croatia and Hungary, I think they have to biuld up everything

_Italy, big soccer tradition but some problems to make better stadiums.

At least I think the battle is Italy VS Cro-Hun...

And the winner is...Italy I hope!

Make me know what you think abut it.

See ya!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult one to call. Italy would clearly be the frontrunner because they have the world-class stadia in place. But, the championship hasn't been staged in Eastern Europe since 1976 and, if either Croatia and Hungary or Poland and Ukraine get their act together, the thought of going east could be very tempting.

In short, Italy's to lose, but losing it is certainly possible.

• 2 weeks later...
With Croatia and Italy having the strongest footballing tradition, it will give them an adventage. Not to mention that Hungary and Croatia have a lot to gain from hosting in comparison to Italy. And Croatia and Hungary haven't exactly had the spectator problems that Italy has and still is having. And its strange to say, but Croatia is economically more progressive then Italy, its books are within/a lot closer to EU specs that the Italy's currently.

Faster: it's true what you say...those are THE problems of Italy's bids BUT Euro2012 could be THE changing point for us! don't you think so?

aaronaugi1: why do you think that list would be strange? and why should Italy have to look forward to WorldCup? We hosted it in 1990 and it's only 16 years ago...which means very few years comparing with the hugeness of the Planet!

If a computer were to decide where to hold UEFA EURO 2012, Italy would win because a computer can only assess data. A machine is "square" but (luckily) a ball is round. That is why match results are unpredictable, and so is the race for hosting UEFA EURO 2012.
If a computer were to decide where to hold UEFA EURO 2012, Italy would win because a computer can only assess data. A machine is "square" but (luckily) a ball is round. That is why match results are unpredictable, and so is the race for hosting UEFA EURO 2012.

Are you Eric Cantona?

eric99.jpg

Faster: it's true what you say...those are THE problems of Italy's bids BUT Euro2012 could be THE changing point for us! don't you think so?

aaronaugi1: why do you think that list would be strange? and why should Italy have to look forward to WorldCup? We hosted it in 1990 and it's only 16 years ago...which means very few years comparing with the hugeness of the Planet!

Italy's problems won't be solved by a soccer tournement. Italy needs a new government system, a new constitution, a more politically active population, better law enforcement, especially towards corpution, a stable government, parity programs for the south, and to get ride of their fear of strong leaders. Italy needs to change or it will be pushed out of the fifth seed in Europe.

All are fairly “new” or novice hosts and none are really football “forces” (Which Italy, Brazil, Spain, England, Argentina ect. could be seen as) . That’s why I see that list as unnerving.

Secondly, come 2022 onwards where realistically Italy will be prepared for the World Cup, it will have been 32years. When I say looking toward, I mean not bidding now, but slowly putting the sports and transport infrastructure in that is required to host the tournament; so when bid preparations come around sometime after 2010, Italy is more than prepared.

All are fairly “new” or novice hosts and none are really football “forces” (Which Italy, Brazil, Spain, England, Argentina ect. could be seen as) . That’s why I see that list as unnerving.

Secondly, come 2022 onwards where realistically Italy will be prepared for the World Cup, it will have been 32years. When I say looking toward, I mean not bidding now, but slowly putting the sports and transport infrastructure in that is required to host the tournament; so when bid preparations come around sometime after 2010, Italy is more than prepared.

The next European Word Cup hosters will be England and Spain... Italy hosted in 1990. England in 1966 and Spain in 1982...

England will host in 2018, so... Italy 2022? I don't think so.

Italy should go for this World Cup and then try to take the Summer OG.

With Croatia and Italy having the strongest footballing tradition, it will give them an adventage. Not to mention that Hungary and Croatia have a lot to gain from hosting in comparison to Italy. And Croatia and Hungary haven't exactly had the spectator problems that Italy has and still is having. And its strange to say, but Croatia is economically more progressive then Italy, its books are within/a lot closer to EU specs that the Italy's currently.

UEFA, which was founded by thirty countries (including Hungary) in 1954 and today has 52 members, has always striven to reduce the differences in development. If the Croatian-Hungarian bid wins the confidence of the UEFA Executive Committee, Hungarian football, which has seen finer days, could make a comeback. The 6:3 result of Wembley happened 53 years ago and the FIFA World Cup final of Bern 52 years ago. The latter happened exactly in the year when UEFA was formed, one day before the start of the World Cup final competition. At that time, Hungarian football was on the top. During the previous five years, the Hungarian national team was only beaten once, when UEFA was born.

The next European Word Cup hosters will be England and Spain... Italy hosted in 1990. England in 1966 and Spain in 1982...

England will host in 2018, so... Italy 2022? I don't think so.

Italy should go for this World Cup and then try to take the Summer OG.

Their is no certainty that England will get 2018. What happens if Brazil doesnt get 2014?

Difficult one to call. Italy would clearly be the frontrunner because they have the world-class stadia in place. But, the championship hasn't been staged in Eastern Europe since 1976 and, if either Croatia and Hungary or Poland and Ukraine get their act together, the thought of going east could be very tempting.

In short, Italy's to lose, but losing it is certainly possible.

I agree with you. Poland/Ukraine has no chances, but Croatia/Hungary could defeat the favourites. Eastern Europe deserve it and both country has an important football tradition: one was the biggest surprise in the last 10 years and the other was one of the better teams ever and probably the better team that didn't win the WC.

Aaron... everybody knows that Brazil will host 2014, Blatter just said it to pressure the government. Italy could have a chance only after England hosted, probably after 2022.

Aaron... everybody knows that Brazil will host 2014, Blatter just said it to pressure the government. Italy could have a chance only after England hosted, probably after 2022.

What about another Spanish WC?

Italy's problems won't be solved by a soccer tournement. Italy needs a new government system, a new constitution, a more politically active population, better law enforcement, especially towards corpution, a stable government, parity programs for the south, and to get ride of their fear of strong leaders. Italy needs to change or it will be pushed out of the fifth seed in Europe.

you id***!!!

am i coming to your country and trying to change your constitution? last elections more than 80% of population voted...and i'm note here to justify my Country in front of you. Italy does not need me to do that!!!

who r u to say something like that,?

you id***!!!

am i coming to your country and trying to change your constitution? last elections more than 80% of population voted...and i'm note here to justify my Country in front of you. Italy does not need me to do that!!!

Faster is right. Italy has given the world the image of a third world country... Berlusconi has tried to illegitimate Prodi's victory and the results were known 5 days after the elections! In Spain they're known 2 or 3 hours after the close of the electoral buildings.

you id***!!!

Have you read your constitution? Guess what its manditory reading for an advanced history and politics class at my school. It is used as an example of a politically ambigous document and a poor attempt at uniting two political philosophies. All of Italians problems go down to that one document writen in the mid 19th century. Its the reason your governments haven't been stable, its the reason the bureaucracy in Italy has so much power and the ability to corrupt the state. Its the reason the North and the South are still so far apart, and it is the reason Mussolini could come to power. Though this is certainly not a surprise considering the likes of Niccolo Machiavelli came from Italy. I guess the powerful in Italy read a little to much of "The Prince" and the people of Italy care too little about their own country. Don't you wonder how Italy could have gone from top economy in Europe, to fifth fidle behind Germany, the UK, France and Spain, and could potentially lose more ground to Turkey, Ukraine and Poland. Italy has always had the problem of thinking itself bigger then what it actually is. I guess you're no different.

And BTW before you or any other takes a swing at Canada, everything I can say about Italy holds true to the screwed up Great White North. Except the terms of Confederation are to blame, not a constitution.

Archived