2036 Summer Games: Crowded Field of Interested Parties?

Australian Fan - you're not doing your position or arguments any favours by taking on such an 'shouting down' online presence.

Your tone is pretty abrasive / condescending and frankly I'm skipping past your posts because they're hard to read. This is a shame because it could be good to a generally supportive voice for Agenda 2020 to create some discussion but you're getting people's backs up over an already contentious topic. 

Just my 5 cents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Australian Kiwi said:

Australian Fan - you're not doing your position or arguments any favours by taking on such an 'shouting down' online presence.

Your tone is pretty abrasive / condescending and frankly I'm skipping past your posts because they're hard to read. This is a shame because it could be good to a generally supportive voice for Agenda 2020 to create some discussion but you're getting people's backs up over an already contentious topic. 

Just my 5 cents.

I appreciate and respect your calm demeanor.

However, no offence, I do suggest you continue to skip past any words which are “hard for your eyes to read”.

I am not here to win your’s or anyone’s approval or respect but I will listen and consider all opinions with respect - if it is two-way.

In the end, it matters nought to me if my opinions are listened to or not - they are my opinions.  

This applies to my support of Agenda 2020+5 and the New Norm changes which have been attacked many times.   However, my survival and happiness is not dependent on aligning to “group-think” or the “majority view” - it never has.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

2036 Olympics:  

Crowded field of interested parties keeps growing

Updated with 6 Russian regions:

2036 Interested Parties

Media Reports

Ahmedabad, India

14 Jul-21: Olympic Bid: Two agencies in fray to create roadmap for Ahmedabad – Times of India

Berlin, Germany and     Tel Aviv, Israel

16 Apr-21: German officials expresses support for a Tel Aviv-Berlin Olympics in 2036

Budapest, Hungary

**3 Sep-21:  “Budapest 2032 Committee" officially renamed as Hungarian capital continues pursuit to host Olympic Games

Chengdu and Chongqing, China

**27 Nov-20: Chengdu, Chongqing planning joint bid for 2032 Summer Olympics

Doha, Qatar

**6 Mar-21: Doha digs in its heels as it watches 2032 Olympic bid slip away to Brisbane

Florence, Bologna, Tuscany and Emilia Romagna, Italy

21 Jul-21: Florence, Bologna, Tuscany and Emilia Romagna, Italy

Guadalajara, Mexico

Guadalajara, Mexico City, Tijuana, Monterrey, Mexico

Jakarta, Indonesia

23 Jul-21: Indonesia to bid for 2036 Olympics after 2032 failure

Russia:

6 regions interested

Rostov-On-Don

Vladivostok

Perm

Novosibirsk

Sochi

Ufa

At least six regions in Russia are interested in hosting 2036 Olympic Games - 27Sep2021 - Gamesbids.com

Istanbul, Turkey

**14 Jul-21:  Istanbul Mayor launches bid for 2036 Olympic Games

England:

4 cities interested

London - Birmingham - Liverpool - Manchester

4 May-21: Khan targets 2036 or 2040 Olympic and Paralympic bid if re-elected London Mayor

Olympic hosting ground looms after Tokyo - 24Sep2021 - Bolly Inside

Madrid, Spain

Madrid enters the race 2036, or not?  - 24Sep2021 - Bolly Inside  

Montreal - Toronto, Canada

3 Feb-21: Montreal and Toronto, Canada’s new Olympic bet

Olympic hosting ground looms after Tokyo - 24Sep2021 - Bolly Inside

Rhine Rhur, Germany

**12 Jul-21: German Olympic Bid Embraces Flexibility

South Korea and North Korea

**4 Sep-21: Koreas Push 2032 Olympics for IOC Consideration-Updated

** Assumed to be remaining in Continuous Dialogue from 2032

25 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

He's clearly turned into a full time spammer now.

You poor thing, it must be hurting your eyes to look at Olympic fan initiated logos, designs, and Olympic fan posts?

Perhaps you need to go and lie down and rest your eyes because it’s very clear it’s really troubling your sore, editing eyes to read Olympic content on an Olympic blog.

26 minutes ago, Chris_Mex said:

Aren't there any moderators in this forums?

Mate, wake up.

You’re in an Olympic thread about the 2036 Olympics.   

Fan-made Olympic logos have long been a big feature in the history of Gamesbids.com

You want to control what people post and what Olympic 2036 Logos are being posted?    If yes, go start your own blog.

Otherwise zip it.

1 hour ago, Chris_Mex said:

Bro, this is a fanmade video LOL

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Mate, wake up.

You’re in an Olympic thread about the 2036 Olympics.   

Fan-made Olympic logos have long been a big feature in the history of Gamesbids.com

You want to control what people post and what Olympic 2036 Logos are being posted?    If yes, go start your own blog.

Otherwise zip it.

One more thing.   There is now a specific thread about Jakarta’s interest in the 2036 Olympic Games at: 

Jakarta 2036 - Gamesbids.com

48 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

He's clearly turned into a full time spammer now.

17 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

You poor thing, it must be hurting your eyes to look at Olympic fan initiated logos, designs, and Olympic fan posts?

Perhaps you need to go and lie down and rest your eyes because it’s very clear it’s really troubling your sore, editing eyes to read Olympic content on an Olympic blog.

There is now a specific thread about Jakarta’s interest in the 2036 Olympic Games at: 

Jakarta 2036 - Gamesbids.com

34 minutes ago, yoshi said:

Talking about 2036 Olympic logos are we? Hmm, you're giving me ideas, and possibly even yourselves ideas too...November 30 isn't all that far away now ;)

You’re a champ Yoshi with all that you do and have done over the years with your creativity and hard work with Olympic logos and your excellent Gamesbids Logo Competitions.

I can assure you the creativity is all from the participants' side - which is why I run the comp rather than taking part in it :P. Not really hard work either, except when there's a controversy or that time you broke the voting system by giving 4 entries the same. And of course I have Rols at my side still making the whole thing possible :)

• Like 1