General Questions

Hello everyone,

I really haven't been on here much since Torino 2006 ended, but am kind of back more now and I was just wondering what exactly has been going/will go on with these bid competitions?

I know that since the 2024 competition that GBOC was going to "revamp" itslef and had a forum for this....what exactly was decided with that...is it officially ended? (does that secret forum even exist anymore?....Also who won 2022 and the Commenwealth Competitions, and what is exactly going on with 2026 and 2028 and any other future competitions, and when are they likely to take place?

If anyone can answer any of these questions for me I would really appreciate it....thanks  :D

hamilton won the commonwealth games bids, and the 2022 games were christchurch, and 2024 was bucharest. What secret forums?

for the GBOC that was before you were here....for one thing I know you are wrong because 2024 was a SOG competition (obviously by the year) and Guatemala City won...thanks for trying to answer but I really need someone who was here when they were going on....

Well, the GBOC is basically dead _ the Commonweralth Games comp was only sort-of GBOC in that it arose out of discussions on the GBOC board. At the end I proposed it and Puppy did much of the running of it (I was away during most of the voting phases). Hamilton won that. Anyway, under the old GBOC rules, I would have had to resign after a comp is completed, so I guess if there is a GBOC, it's leaderless at present.

I think we're basically at a stage where comps are suggested and get up and running if there's enough interest in them, with informal rules and "leadership". The current one is for a 2026 Winter games (to bring our summer and winter cycles into synch) and is basically between runner-up winter bids from any of the previous contests. Krow is running it.

I suppose it's almost time, with a certain event looming on the horizon in Germany, to resurrect the old World Cup 2018 contest idea.

Archived