John Coates and Olympic corruption - damning article... from 1999.

49 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

No you don‘t hear what he‘s saying as others told you the same before and it fell on deaf ears.

What a load of nonsense. 

You really cannot stand when someone disagrees with you, can you?

Your opinion is your’s.  

It’s definitely not mine.      

58 minutes ago, FYI said:

Uhh, but virtually everyone else has been telling you that for quite some time now, though. :rolleyes: That all you do is just copy-&-paste your confirmation bias whenever someone “doesn’t agree with you”. 

FYI, your confirmation stupidity astounds me.

Another one who wants to control how others post and what they post.

You literally cannot handle when someone disagrees with you, it messes with your electronics, then out you wheel the same tired old confirmation bias line.

I don’t give a rats whether you agree with me or don’t like what I post.

1 hour ago, FYI said:

Uhh, but virtually everyone else has been telling you that for quite some time now, though. :rolleyes: That all you do is just copy-&-paste your confirmation bias whenever someone “doesn’t agree with you”. 

You literally cannot handle when someone disagrees with you, it messes with your electronics, then out you wheel the same tired old confirmation bias line.

I don’t give a rats whether you agree with me or whether or not you don’t like what I post.

And your confirmation TROLL-ISM astounds everyone, AF.

2 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Look who’s talking.

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Pot meet kettle - with your incessant “tired old” “New Norm” cut-&-paste twaddle when someone disagrees with you. 

6 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

don’t give a rats whether you agree with me or don’t like what I post.

That goes ditto for me. So “like it or lump it”. :P

Just now, FYI said:

Look who’s talking.

Pot meet kettle - with your incessant “tired old” “New Norm” cut-&-paste twaddle when someone disagrees with you. 

That goes ditto for me. So “like it or lump it”. :P

I don’t give a rats whether you agree with me or whether or not you don’t like what I post.

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Look who’s talking, troll.

5 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Pot meet kettle - with your “tired old”,  “New Norm” cut-&-paste troll-speak whenever someone disagrees with you.

9 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

That goes ditto for me, too. So “like it or lump it”, troll. :P

19 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

In the meantime, the new norm processes will roll on.

They’ve only just started and, like any major organisational reforms, they will be reviewed tweaked/changed as more time passes.

The new norm with the foxes guarding the henhouse. The IOC has an image problem and so far, the new norm has been a failure in terms of attracting legit hosts to actually put forth a plan beyond the vague "continuous dialogue." Replacing Bach and Coates would go a long way towards seeing if this new approach will work. Based on the interest for the 2030 Olympics, that's a no. The PR issue isn't going to get any better either once the final numbers for Tokyo come out in terms of money losses.

As for 2032, it reminds me a lot of 1992 when JAS pushed Barcelona across the finish line. Coates basically did the same thing.  I wouldn't go as far as to call it a conspiracy but it's definitely shady. I wouldn't classify Brisbane's selection as a ringing endorsement of the New Norm either. In fact, looking at the field, it really was the only choice. The DOSB has gone on record criticizing the process and the IOC swiftly rebuked them. We'll never really know what went on between the DOSB and the IOC but it's probably somewhere between both sides of the story. I'll reiterate that the German bid had referendum hanging over it which Brisbane did not. The rest of the candidates were third world new frontier types that stand no chance for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, stryker said:

I wouldn't classify Brisbane's selection as a ringing endorsement of the New Norm either. In fact, looking at the field, it really was the only choice. The DOSB has gone on record criticizing the process and the IOC swiftly rebuked them. We'll never really know what went on between the DOSB and the IOC but it's probably somewhere between both sides of the story. I'll reiterate that the German bid had referendum hanging over it which Brisbane did not. The rest of the candidates were third world new frontier types that stand no chance for the foreseeable future.

Exactly. The usual combo of clueless regional politicians (the leader of them now in his attempt to succeed Merkel managing to lead conservative party from mid-30s a few months ago to close to 20 four weeks now before the elections shoukd give you an idea hiw competent he is) and nonchalant but equally clueless sports officials (the only with a clue in German spirts resides in Lausanne and will not move a finger unless for personal benefit) ran yet another German bid into the ground, so Brisbane was the easy path out and Coates realised that all too well.

But of course for one certain poster, the Holy Scripture aka New Norm has brought this all upon Brisbane like manna from heaven.

15 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

But of course for one certain poster, the Holy Scripture aka New Norm has brought this all upon Brisbane like manna from heaven.

Can we even call them a 'poster' at this point. More like an IOC 'new norm' propaganda machine at best, or a downright 'new norm' spammer at worst. But poster, hardly.

I wouldn't classify Brisbane's selection as a ringing endorsement of the New Norm either. In fact, looking at the field, it really was the only choice.

That right there …….  that’s the New Norm working on it’s first run.

Scoreline:

New Norm:  1           Old Broken System: 0

15 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

That right there …….  that’s the New Norm working on it’s first run.

Scoreline:

New Norm:  1           Old Broken System: 0

No. The New Norm is still unproven until Brisbane delivers in 2032 within budget. The system is broken until proven otherwise. Exhibit A for that is the 2030 WOGs.

5 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Q: What on God’s earth could make you possibly think that everyone didn’t know the rules in advance ?

The list of potential bidders that were broadsided by the speed of the decision.....and have said so publicly.

Well, 3 years after the new rules were announced, they’ll know next time move faster next time then, won’t they ?   Well, we hope.

The new rules weren’t announced just to the Australia, they were announced to the World.   

What they heard, or what they didn’t do fast enough, is now consigned to history.

When change happens, you can either:

• go with the change,
  • deny a change has happened and then complain later, or
  • stick your head in the sand and hope it all goes away.

The DOSB says otherwise.

2 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

One of their many mistakes.

The Future Host Commission returned fire directly at them refuting their unfounded allegations.

IOC Critical of DOSB for “incorrect statements” over 2032 Olympic bid process - 2 April 2021 - Inside the Games