gGz0JCF.jpg

Paris 2024 get’s a chance to celebrate a 100 years anniversary since the third Olympic Games of the modern era in Paris 1924.

Their first Games of course was held at Paris in 1900.

A more recent 100-year anniversary occurred at Atlanta 1996, the Centennial Games, when it celebrated the first Olympic Games of the modern era in 1896 at Athens, Greece.

Sydney 2000 also celebrated 100 years of women’s participation in the Olympic Games with seven female Australian Olympic sporting legends carrying the flame in relay around the stadium at the Opening Ceremony.

How will Paris recognise and celebrate their own 100 year Olympic anniversary at the mega-Opening Ceremony being planned for 2024?

I doubt anything special or spectacular can happen there at the Trocadero other than the Athletes just disembarking, showing up and then quickly returning to the Village.  There is nothing there at Trocadero for them to hang lights, stage props, etc.  And they don't want to clutter that whole area up with scaffolding, etc., because it will just wreck the open  vistas.  

I don't even know if Estanguet has calculated how TIRING he will be putting the athletes through in his plan. 

1st, you get them to line up for the barges 2 hours before Ceremony start.  Then they sail up the Seine - 30 mins perhaps -- for the 6+ km?  Disembark at Trocadero -- but they can't gather at the quay because that's not large enough.  So they are marched up to pass the Tribune of Honor.  And where do the athletes then go?  

- Will Estanguet have the 170 barges turn around?  Or will Team AFGHANISTAN be the first to board the last barge which just brought home Team FRANCE in? 

- Or will they also have 700 buses waiting behind the Palais de Chaillot ready to take the athletes back to the OV?   Even just using 500 buses, returning the athletes back to OV will at least be a 2.5 hour stretch. Woe to the French athletes because they will be the last ones returning home.  :lol:  So much for home-court advantage.  And the head of the OCOG jinxes his own home athletes by putting them through this ill-thought, uber-ambitious plan of his.  

- When will they feed the athletes for this at least 5-hour saga they are going to be put through?  I guess feed them on the barges?  Yup, set up food and drink distribution points on the 170 barges.  MORE ORGANIZING and SECURITY checkpoints to set up and deal with.

- Overall, LA will probably put on a more logical, sensible set of Ceremonies than Paris, the 2028 athletes will be fresher and have a more enjoyable experience than 2024 -- when I BET, many of the athletes will be pooped out by the time they return to the OV 5 - 6- 7 hours later!  

Once Paris 2024 has figured the whole scenario out, I would like to be a fly on the wall for discussions the French Olympic Committee will have with Estanguet about how his plan ABSOLUTELY plays against the chances of the French home team.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the French OC should be thanking me for bringing out this Catch-22 scenario of Megalomaniac Estanguet at this stage.  

The more I think about it, Paris 24's plan, as of now, will add about 2.5 hours to each athlete's participation in their OC.  Where it would be like 2 hrs, 45 mins if it were at the Stade de France; it will be closer to 4.5 - 5 hours at the Trocadero, if even 6,500 athletes participate.  

So, aside from the French team bearing the brunt of this whole stretched-out affair, Estanguet is going to get blowback from the US and Oz, since by the new tradition, those 2 teams being the succeeding hosts, will precede the host team in the Parade of Athletes at the very end.  

So, unless the athletes who have competition the next day, just sit out the OC in the OV, I fear the US and Aus teams will probably lobby to have their earlier places in the March.  Australia early on, and US (Les Etats Unis) early on as well.  But I don't think the US & Oz OPComs will be too happy with the current set-up.  Time to write them so they can throw a monkey wrench in Estanguet's plan early on.  He he.  

I wonder what NBC's input in the OC will be.  And I guess Closing will just be in the Stade de France per usual?  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 9:21 AM, AustralianFan said:

The Olympic Seine.  

From Paris 2024 ….

I really like the idea of this, but, it looks like a real logistical nightmare, and not just for the athletes. 

Also, with more moving parts, more of a likelihood of something not going to plan. 

Very bold vision. I hope they are able to pull it off successfully. 

I also doubt LA will follow suit. Not if they want to stay on budget. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:21 AM, AustralianFan said:

The Olympic Seine.  

From Paris 2024 ….

I can't wait to see what the river seine will be like for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Not any cleaner than it is today.  Plus, traffic will be more restricted because part of the OV is located on an island on the Seine.  

They might get the water clean and probably no traffic by the time the Olympic opening ceremony arrives in Paris.

9 hours ago, SportLightning said:

They might get the water clean and probably no traffic by the time the Olympic opening ceremony arrives in Paris.

Nah on the traffic.  Providing there will be NO pandemic, I hope Paris will have a great influx of visitors to enjoy such a great city.  And, of course, that will include the thousands who will ride the bateaux mouches -- and I don't think they can stop that sort of commerce from happening.  Tourists will need to do something and that is when those businesses find that the iron is hot for them to strike.  Obviously, river traffic will be regulated on OC afternoon -- unless the plans are suddenly canceled at the last minute.  :)