49 minutes ago, fusilli said:

They can always ask their Euro neighbours for some extra staff, if so needed. I think they do it in exceptional cases.

French pride will not allow it.  It's not like France is a country of 3 million people.  If they include the army -- which previous hosts have done, then that will be OK.  

Also, this article about Qayar's preps or non-preps for the WC is a good check-list for Estanguet's farce of a Games--and its laissez-faire approach to 2024.  

Qatar: Is it really ready to host a World Cup? - The Athletic 

Edited by baron-pierreIV

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

French pride will not allow it.  It's not like France is a country of 3 million people.  If they include the army -- which previous hosts have done, then that will be OK.  

Asking doesn't mean necessarily begging. Can also means just open invitation to Euro fellows to join the forces, if needed. They would also use that UE for a change! B)

16 hours ago, fusilli said:

Asking doesn't mean necessarily begging. Can also means just open invitation to Euro fellows to join the forces, if needed. They would also use that UE for a change! B)

Why have the armed forces of another country on your territory when you can handle it?  The optics don't look good.  And, as I said, it's not like France is some Tuvalu, Monaco or . . .  cough  . . . . Russia . . .  where most of the able manpower is gone, :rolleyes:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

/\/\  But it's really a very implausible option. 

1.  France has over 60 million people.  Why do they need another country's armed forces?
2. Other than Belgium and Monaco, who else of France's neighbors speaks French (like the natives do)?  So, it's not like this is a UN-backed peace-keeping mission.  

Right now, if the Olympics were to happen tomorrow, yeah, the Paris area might be short of qualified and trained security people, but they have less than 2 years to address that issue.  LA84 used their own private security crews augmented by the LAPD and those of the other cities.  

So, it shouldn't even enter into discussion.  

5 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Why do they need another country's armed forces?

1. I don't know. I'm not the one who's raising awareness about France security capabilities. And by "forces" it didn't necessarily mean army. 

2. Since France is not an autarchy BUT a member of a well established political and economic union, well, it seems perfectly reasonable to possibly share intelligence and whatsover with your partners to face exceptional events. By a larger extent, afterall, these are also EU games.

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 2:59 AM, fusilli said:

1. I don't know. I'm not the one who's raising awareness about France security capabilities. And by "forces" it didn't necessarily mean army. 

2. Since France is not an autarchy BUT a member of a well established political and economic union, well, it seems perfectly reasonable to possibly share intelligence and whatsover with your partners to face exceptional events. By a larger extent, afterall, these are also EU games.

Fully agree.

Yes, France as you said, is a member of a well established political and economic organisatiin called the EU (European Union) and governed by the EU Parliament.

These are the 27 Member Countries of the EU:

1. Austria
  2. Belgium,
  3. Bulgaria,
  4. Croatia,
  5. Cyprus,
  6. Czechia,
  7. Denmark
  8. Estonia
  9. Finland
  10. France
  11. Germany
  12. Greece
  13. Hungary
  14. Ireland
  15. Italy
  16. Latvia
  17. Lithuania
  18. Luxembourg
  19. Malta
  20. Netherlands
  21. Poland
  22. Portugal
  23. Romania
  24. Slovakia
  25. Slovenia
  26. Spain
  27. Sweden

There will be enough security, police and military support for the Paris 2024 Games, including the massive workforce required by the time the Opening Ceremony commences.

However this workforce is sourced internally, or a combination of internally + EEU, it will happen and it will be in place come Games time.

France is not alone.

VQ8iufu.jpg

On 10/2/2022 at 1:11 AM, Scotguy II said:

I doubt we will get the 2024 games if Putin does what he is threatening...

We got 2 Olympics in the middle of a once in a century pandemic that literally stopped the entire sports world cold for months and whose effects we were feeling nearly 2 years later.  I don't want to imagine what Vladimir Putin might be cooking up, but until proven otherwise, let's assume the Olympics are happening in 2024.  And if they don't, let's pray for the safety of the world (like we did in 2020) because then it means something really really horrible has happened

• Like 1

Talking about the Paris 2024 Opening Ceremony along the River Seine:

“Oudéa-Castéra said that she has no concerns over Paris' ability to deliver on its plans for the Opening Ceremony, with discussions between relevant authorities underway.”

"No, because there is clarity on the roles and responsibilities now, the awareness that the management of flows is a critical point and the desire to mobilise all the forces that will allow us to meet the security," she told French newspaper L'Équipe.”

"Not to mention the work that is going well on the finalisation of the artistic concept.”

• 2 weeks later...

“Having this Ceremony on the Place de la Concorde which is a symbol of unity is the message that we would like to convey because we want sports to be more inclusive,” French sports minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra said.”

“The ceremony will be under the overall direction of Thomas Jolly, who was announced as supremo for all the Paris 2024 ceremonies last month.”

"It's spectacular and popular concept is above all a wonderful source of inspiration for me," Jolly said. “

"From the Champs-Elysées to the Place de la Concorde, I can’t wait to imagine the show that will transform the heart of Paris into an unprecedented artistic festival, with performances never seen before."