Madrid 2036

On 11/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, stryker said:

Very preliminary but this article sounds like they could suggest in a hypothetical Madrid bid that aquatics could be in Barcelina, rowing/canoeing in Seville, or cycling in either Valencia or Palma de Mallorca. There's an emphasis on high-speed rail connections as well. If they are willing to try that, then I don't think having athletics in either Seville or Barcelona is as much of hindrance as one might think.

well even Brisbane 2028 has many events throught various Queensland regions which has an area of 1,851,736 km2 which is 3+ times the land of Spain (550.000km2)

24 minutes ago, George_D said:

well even Brisbane 2028 has many events throught various Queensland regions which has an area of 1,851,736 km2 which is 3+ times the land of Spain (550.000km2)

If I remember right so far only Football matches are confirmed to be hosted outside South East Queensland which is 22,420 km2.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, George_D said:

True but most of the events such as those in Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast are much shorter in distance than say from Madrid to Barcelona or Madrid to Seville (I'm excluding football venues). The difference is Spain has the high speed rail that can make those longer distances negligible.