Look of the Paris Games

Daze

London's was a contrast to the city.

Tokyo did nothing to evoke Japanese design and art in their look. That could have been any city.

I also miss the days when their was one complete unified look across all venues. Instead of a palette of looks that change depending on the venue. Like Atlanta and their uniform centennial green.

Sydney through London had good looks. And yes I liked Vancouver's. A lot. Rio was ok. 18, 20, 22 were not.

1 hour ago, Faster said:

London's was a contrast to the city.

Tokyo did nothing to evoke Japanese design and art in their look. That could have been any city.

I also miss the days when their was one complete unified look across all venues. Instead of a palette of looks that change depending on the venue. Like Atlanta and their uniform centennial green.

Sydney through London had good looks. And yes I liked Vancouver's. A lot. Rio was ok. 18, 20, 22 were not.

Tokyo's emblem for 2020 was pretty much almost futuristic look.

• Haha 1

So, apparently the Tour de France 2024 dates are 29 June - 21 July, less than a week before the OGs start on July 26.  Have they mapped out the Torch Relay route from Greece?  The TdeF starts in Florence, Italy; where will the 2024 Olympic Torch Relay begin -- in Albertville, if one went by traditions in the USA and Norway where the last Olympic Games were held?  Will the routes overlap so they use only one set of flags and banners, etc.? 

Point I'm getting at is that the French countryside will be strewn, nay, saturated with the Paris 2024 banners, flags and streamers as the lead-up events all culminate in the OGs and the Paras.  So, I think, more than any other OGs in recent history, if they stay within their budget, France will probably utilize the most imagery materiel than any other OGs in recent history.  (And of course, all that Paris 2024 bunting, etc., will stretch as far as Tahiti.)  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Not sure it would really matter. There is synergy to the Tour being a lead in to the Olympics. Especially if the winner is my some miracle a Frenchman. 

Also it looks like in 2024 the race will stay in Southern France. Starting in Firenze and ending in Nizza

3 hours ago, Olympics2028 said:

Personally, I thought the maroon/magenta look of 2012 wasn't exactly evocative of "London." It will be interesting seeing what the city across the Channel will do for 2024.

What about Beijing 2008 or 2022?

On 10/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, Faster said:

Also it looks like in 2024 the race will stay in Southern France. Starting in Firenze and ending in Nizza

That is the sensible thing to do.  And, of course, the Tour organizers are also factoring in the Torch relay route.  And ending it in Nice rather than Marseille would also seem deliberate -- to avoid Olympic stuff. 

On 10/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, Faster said:

Well I heard the flame is going to depart Greece on a sailing yacht and arrive in France at Corsica before heading on up to Montepellier to start metropolitan relay

In keeping with the Fluvial parade for the OC.  I hope they are NOT going to try and take it to Tahiti.  That would be extremely wasteful.  

42 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

In keeping with the Fluvial parade for the OC.  I hope they are NOT going to try and take it to Tahiti.  That would be extremely wasteful.  

Mini flames are going to all the major overseas territories. So New Caledonia, Reunion, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique

Edited by Faster

1 hour ago, Faster said:

Mini flames are going to all the major overseas territories. So New Caledonia, Reunion, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Martinique

how do you know this stuff, was there an announcement i missed?

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, johnhilly said:

Today Paris 2024 confirmed the leaks, but wow, it looks even better than the leaks!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Yeah, nothing new in there, but great to see a more refined application of the Look in some of the centrepiece locations. I’m becoming a confirmed fan of the Paris Look, and like the colour schemes shown for the Stade and the Tour d’eiffel.

And very glad to see the pictograms confirmed!

The pictograms are just TOO weird.  Too busy and complicated.  What if you are a newbie and aren't familiar with all the implements used in the more esoteric sports?  :blink:  And how about Paralympic visitors who again, aren't equipped with such sharp acuity to make out those puzzle-like pictos?  Again, for me, ANOTHER FAIL for Paris 2024.  Overly ambitious and over-reaching.  Simplicity would have done the job.  I think Paris 2024 is going to be a big FLOP!! 

Am looking forward to a polka-dot, tartan or zebra-striped running track at LA Memorial -- just to be DIFFERENT!  :wacko:

Edited by baron-pierreIV