Tokyo 2020 Souvenirs

Since public participation and spectator presence was pretty much nil, It made me wonder how accessible were souvenirs like plush mascots. Was there an online store setup where you could buy official Tokyo 2020 souvenirs, for all the fans that could not travel due to the bug? (at least this way they could make some money back)

I remember after Vancouver 2010, there was a guy in Kelowna that bought up a ton of stuff and setup a pop-up liquidator store. That's where I got most of my Vancouver 2010 swag including a Team Canada away hockey jersey (scored a great deal at less than half the original asking price. Always wear it proudly when winter games are on)

43 minutes ago, SkiFreak said:

Since public participation and spectator presence was pretty much nil, It made me wonder how accessible were souvenirs like plush mascots. Was there an online store setup where you could buy official Tokyo 2020 souvenirs, for all the fans that could not travel due to the bug? (at least this way they could make some money back)

I remember after Vancouver 2010, there was a guy in Kelowna that bought up a ton of stuff and setup a pop-up liquidator store. That's where I got most of my Vancouver 2010 swag including a Team Canada away hockey jersey (scored a great deal at less than half the original asking price. Always wear it proudly when winter games are on)

Yes but the Tokyo 2020 shop was only ships within Japan.

46 minutes ago, WD96 said:

Yes but the Tokyo 2020 shop was only ships within Japan.

Well that's real smart. They should've gone international. I probably would've ordered $200 worth minimum. Time to hit an HBC store near me to see if I can at least snag a Team Canada t-shirt.

1 hour ago, SkiFreak said:

Well that's real smart. They should've gone international. I probably would've ordered $200 worth minimum. Time to hit an HBC store near me to see if I can at least snag a Team Canada t-shirt.

Meccha Japan and JapanTrendShop sells Tokyo 2020 stuff.

Back in 2019 I was able to snag a T-shirt w/ the logo on it at the airport in Tokyo and it came with a free poster with all the events on it. All the dates are off by a bit since it was pre-big rona, but maybe that'll make it a more valuable collector's piece :rolleyes:.

But yeah otherwise they had an online store but only shipped domestically.

• 1 month later...

Piteous miraitowa and someity rarely showed themselves during the game.So I bought quite a lot at official online shop.Strangely some official shops in Daiba and Tokyo skytree are still open until the end of September.

DSC01679.JPG

DSC01667_-_R.JPGP_20210917_133609_R.jpg

P_20210917_133631_R.jpgP_20210917_133656_R.jpg

:D

• 2 weeks later...

The past two Olympic golf events did not have any of the standard souvenirs that you would find at PGA events, the Majors or the most recent Ryder Cup. Where were the event-branded golf attire, caps, golf balls, pin flags, ball markers, etc. Golf fans just love these items!