GamesBids' Tokyo 2020 Closing Ceremony Live Chat (Paralympics edition)

Just now, AustralianFan said:

For those whose sensibilities are “disturbed” by taking time out on the world stage to award and recognise these incredible achievements of these athletes and supporters , I recommend you get a life and then change the channel.

You are missing the point entirely. Have fun tonight.

4 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

Usually the German commentators are well prepared for the ceremonies and know their facts from the Media Guide, so I guess it was not entirely outlined in the Media Guide. Besides, I'd appreciate you hitting a less rude tone just for him (and me) pointing out an opinion. Thanks.

Seriously mate, you brought it up as some sort of evidence of I don’t know what.

Who cares how well, or not, the German commentator prepared.

Celebrate what’s happening in front of you ffs

Just now, AustralianFan said:

Seriously mate, you brought it up as some sort of evidence of I don’t know what.

Who cares how well, or not, the German commentator prepared.

Celebrate what’s happening in front of you ffs

Maybe you should learn to accept different opinions, I did not state my opinion as a fact so I don't get the fuss you are creating right now. But out of respect towards the other users, this is the last thing I have to say about this senseless line of discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, Nacholympic said:

Again the Paralympics giving lessons of organization to the Olympic ceremonies team.

Definitely, the Tokyo Olympics ceremonies has no excuses. 

I think all 4 Cut-Back Ceremonies did/are doing a great job in the most horrible of COViD circumstances ….

and holding their heads high

3 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Again the Paralympics giving lessons of organization to the Olympic ceremonies team.

Definitely, the Tokyo Olympics ceremonies has no excuses. 

Agreed, also the closing ceremony seems to follow a more consistent storyline. But I view it positively, this gave the Paralympics an even bigger opportunity to shine and it showed that even in the "big, shiny world of the Olympic Games" not everything works and is top-notch.

3 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

Maybe you should learn to accept different opinions, I did not state my opinion as a fact so I don't get the fuss you are creating right now. But out of respect towards the other users, this is the last thing I have to say about this senseless line of discussion.

bs

acceptance has it’s limits 

especially when idiotic selfish, self righteous comments are posted 

• Confused 1

Just now, Nacholympic said:

Anyway Paralympics ceremonies have been far better than the Olympics. 

Even the closing ceremony has been a lot better than their predecessors...

agreed I prefer the Paralympics Ceremonies ahead of the Olympic ones.  But like all 4 done in difficult circumstances and low COVID budgets.

Paris sure goes new ways in staging the Marseillaise. I'm looking forward to that approach at their ceremonies in 2024!

And now they revive the music from the video that led up to the Eiffel Tower segment at the Olympic closing ceremony. Good to see a more classical handover segment now, with a dance performance! It looks nice!