Lviv: is it still alive?

16 hours ago, iceman530 said:

Furthermore, if Russia is soundly defeated, and is forced to pay reparations, which.......that Cindarella story is coming more and more reality.........Perhaps a whole Olympic village could be part of the reparations project.  

First of all, it's way premature to say Russia will be on the losing end and paying reparations. If anything Russia is now willing to turn to siege warfare which will drag the conflict out with the goal of basically starving Ukrainian urban areas into surrender. If Kiev falls, Lviv will be next.

Even if the Cinderella story comes true, Ukraine won't be using any reparations for any Olympic projects. They'll need massive amounts of cash to rebuild infrastructure. 

Add it all up and there is no chance of a Ukrainian bid until probably the turn of the century if that.

The had some nice shots of Lviv during the evening news here tonight. It's looks so tranquil (for now anyway). So European. So (winter) Olympic in waiting, per se.

Yeah, maybe in a parallel universe Lviv could've made for an interesting host, but now, the reality is quite clear, unfortunately. The last thing on their minds right now, I'm sure, is when could they host the Winter Olympics.

23 hours ago, FYI said:

The had some nice shots of Lviv during the evening news here tonight. It's looks so tranquil (for now anyway). So European. So (winter) Olympic in waiting, per se.

Yeah, maybe in a parallel universe Lviv could've made for an interesting host, but now, the reality is quite clear, unfortunately. The last thing on their minds right now, I'm sure, is when could they host the Winter Olympics.

Its a beautiful city :( I wish it were otherwise, but yeah........just be hopeful every day that Lviv is still........alive

1 hour ago, iceman530 said:

Its a beautiful city :( I wish it were otherwise, but yeah........just be hopeful every day that Lviv is still........alive

It would be difficult for Ukraine to host the Winter Olympics in 2030.

• 11 months later...