Athletics at Tokyo 2020

Despite the lack of crowds i am loving the Athletics so far. So many great moments including the high jump shared gold. Puerto Rico gold in the hurdles. That amazing 100m race from the Jamaicans.

Still lots more to come :) 

Let’s be honest: how many of you believe that all these amazing performances are clean? Two athletes have been dumb enough to be caught so far, but others are smarter and doping is not just a Russian speciality.

Nowadays, the doubt is always there when watching.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:28 AM, StefanMUC said:

Let’s be honest: how many of you believe that all these amazing performances are clean? Two athletes have been dumb enough to be caught so far, but others are smarter and doping is not just a Russian speciality.

Nowadays, the doubt is always there when watching.

innocent until proven guilty for me, except for russians and repeat offenders of course. but even the russians are under heightened scrutiny. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, krow said:

innocent until proven guilty for me, except for russians and repeat offenders of course. but even the russians are under heightened scrutiny. 

Quite frankly, it's a travesty that the Russians are allowed to compete at all - even under this contrived notion of "no anthem, no official name and no national colours". If you get to compete, that's not punishment for the perpetration of a massive fraud, it's a pat on the back by the likes of Thomas Bach who lacks the moral clarity (and, quite frankly, interest) to truly take it to the Russians. 

58 minutes ago, plusbrilliantsexploits said:

Quite frankly, it's a travesty that the Russians are allowed to compete at all - even under this contrived notion of "no anthem, no official name and no national colours". If you get to compete, that's not punishment for the perpetration of a massive fraud, it's a pat on the back by the likes of Thomas Bach who lacks the moral clarity (and, quite frankly, interest) to truly take it to the Russians. 

i thought it was the court of arbitration for sport that kept watering down what WADA and the IOC wanted to do in regard to punishment? i could be mistaken but i thought i'd read that the IOC wanted to be a lot tougher.