Jump to content

Athletics at Tokyo 2020


Recommended Posts

Despite the lack of crowds i am loving the Athletics so far. So many great moments including the high jump shared gold. Puerto Rico gold in the hurdles. That amazing 100m race from the Jamaicans.

Still lots more to come :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s be honest: how many of you believe that all these amazing performances are clean? Two athletes have been dumb enough to be caught so far, but others are smarter and doping is not just a Russian speciality.

Nowadays, the doubt is always there when watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 12:28 AM, StefanMUC said:

Let’s be honest: how many of you believe that all these amazing performances are clean? Two athletes have been dumb enough to be caught so far, but others are smarter and doping is not just a Russian speciality.

Nowadays, the doubt is always there when watching.

innocent until proven guilty for me, except for russians and repeat offenders of course. but even the russians are under heightened scrutiny. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, krow said:

innocent until proven guilty for me, except for russians and repeat offenders of course. but even the russians are under heightened scrutiny. 

Quite frankly, it's a travesty that the Russians are allowed to compete at all - even under this contrived notion of "no anthem, no official name and no national colours". If you get to compete, that's not punishment for the perpetration of a massive fraud, it's a pat on the back by the likes of Thomas Bach who lacks the moral clarity (and, quite frankly, interest) to truly take it to the Russians. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, plusbrilliantsexploits said:

Quite frankly, it's a travesty that the Russians are allowed to compete at all - even under this contrived notion of "no anthem, no official name and no national colours". If you get to compete, that's not punishment for the perpetration of a massive fraud, it's a pat on the back by the likes of Thomas Bach who lacks the moral clarity (and, quite frankly, interest) to truly take it to the Russians. 

i thought it was the court of arbitration for sport that kept watering down what WADA and the IOC wanted to do in regard to punishment? i could be mistaken but i thought i'd read that the IOC wanted to be a lot tougher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...