Olympics 2032 LOGO

• 2 weeks later...

Contest will open shortly after the Paris 2024 Closing Ceremony with design revealed in 2025. Mascots will be revealed too at the same time. 

Sydney 2000's logo was revealed in 1997 with the bid logo shown on the jumbotron during the handover ceremony 

xZmifzS.png

Another version I have made. The lines symbolise 'fireworks' but also everyone coming from all corners of the globe to Brisbane. The shape again is reflective of the state of Queensland. For the Paralympics logo it takes inspiration from Sydney and has a similar look to the Olympics but shape is reflective of the Paralympic flame.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 2:24 PM, Victorian said:

xZmifzS.png

Another version I have made. The lines symbolise 'fireworks' but also everyone coming from all corners of the globe to Brisbane. The shape again is reflective of the state of Queensland. For the Paralympics logo it takes inspiration from Sydney and has a similar look to the Olympics but shape is reflective of the Paralympic flame.

This is wonderful! you're really talented. The shape of Queensland with the shards all coming together on SEQ is fantastic. My only though might be to play around with colours - its ok to vary off from Olympic colours towards the palette that could be used in 2032... I have a feeling 2032 might be a lot of Green, Gold and Maroon (duh). 

• Like 1

My thoughts on the 2032 logo... 

• Overt Western expressions of Indigenous culture (like the Sydney 2000 logo) will be unlikely. 
  • 'Brand Queensland' is going to be very keen to take centre stage. You'll notice 'QUEENSLAND' is firmly planted on the interim logo - not to mention appearing on the Commonwealth Games 2018 logo. I have a feeling the IOC will snuff this idea. However I think the logo will likely speak more to promoting an image of Queensland as a whole instead of Brisbane alone.
  • Colours: the state colour is Queensland Maroon.  I feel fairly confident this will be present in some ways. The state's geography from east to west has quite a great cross section of colours: 
    • The reef (pinks, yellows and aquas - could be very LA84). 
    • The coast (aquas, deep blues, golden sands, lush green mountains)
    • The outback (yellows, oranges, shades of green).
  • I hope we will not see an 'Athlete in Motion' logo again in an Australian Games (the 2000 Olympics and 2006 and 2018 Commonwealth Games had them - time  to be a bit more original). I'd love to see a native flower of some kind be the basis of the logo. I think flowers and native flora are culturally neutral (much more important/sensitive now compared to when Sydney's logo was designed) and can offer a great degree of flexibility in how they are visually interpreted. It could almost take a similar form to the olive wreath on the 2004 logo. If its not the logo I think Australian natives could make an incredible 'Games Look' reminiscent of Atlanta's 'Quilt of Leaves'
  • For example, the Golden Wattle is Australia's national flower, and there are many varieties native all across the country. They usually flower at the end of winter and signal the arrival of spring and summer (when these Olympics will be held). It's also been the inspiration for the new Australian National Brand - which coincidentally reminds me of the London 2012 cauldron.
  • Some ideas from Google..... imagine the green and gold of the below mixed in with Queensland Maroon...... a very dark and almost Atlanta-like scheme but I think it could be very beautiful. 

pqZ9gV30bWcgsakICpaMMDcdPb7Z0OM3zeMDSCYD

yellow-mimosa-flower-branch-symbol-sprin9caee771d3642397d0582f2b6f96d887.png

GoldenWattle_Emblem_2.jpg?format=1000w

AU-Logo-neu-1.png

• Like 1