Jump to content

GamesBids' Toyko 2020 Closing Ceremony Live Chat


Recommended Posts

Just now, JMarkSnow2012 said:

2016 handover?

True. In my opinion, that was the best handover ever - dazzling, cool, stylish, entertaining, sexy. The fact that I am still raving about it five years later speaks volumes about its quality. :D But sadly, it also raised the bar very high for Tokyo's Olympic and Paralympic ceremonies.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

Yes, but never won a medal.

I think it is stressed so much by Bach because it makes him look like he is still there on the athletes’ side.

LOL. German commentator said these words himself now exactly like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Olympian2005 said:

Boring marathon ceremonies…. Just have them before the ceremony starts

That's what was customary before Athens 2004, I believe. But I think it adds a nice touch because the athletes should be at the center of every closing ceremony. Furthermore, we hear that great stirring medal ceremony music one more time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

True. In my opinion, that was the best handover ever - dazzling, cool, stylish, entertaining, sexy. The fact that I am still raving about it five years later speaks volumes about its quality. :D But sadly, it also raised the bar very high for Tokyo's Olympic and Paralympic ceremonies.

Sydney handover in Atlanta was the best ever in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

True. In my opinion, that was the best handover ever - dazzling, cool, stylish, entertaining, sexy. The fact that I am still raving about it five years later speaks volumes about its quality. :D But sadly, it also raised the bar very high for Tokyo's Olympic and Paralympic ceremonies.

Those expectations might have been met if Tokyo had kept their nerve and not sidelined MIKIKO  & his team

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of the only medals I seen. They used end with the marathon ending starting the ceremony. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Olympian2005 said:

Sydney handover in Atlanta was the best ever in my opinion

I guess some Australians would still want to debate with you about that - thinking about the "roos on bikes". :D But yes, that was a very good handover as well. But Tokyo really blew me away, especially when you compared it to the rather stiff and restrained image the Japanese have. It was surprisingly bold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

That's what was customary before Athens 2004, I believe. But I think it adds a nice touch because the athletes should be at the center of every closing ceremony. Furthermore, we hear that great stirring medal ceremony music one more time.

It just drags on though and then we hear the same anthem twice and the same announcements twice. I am sure they could just make one announcement. Even the athletes seem to be uninterested i think some have left too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wished that they would have lifted the tablet up to the athletes.  It would more of the giving them something of honor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Olympian2004 said:

I guess some Australians would still want to debate with you about that - thinking about the "roos on bikes". :D But yes, that was a very good handover as well. But Tokyo really blew me away, especially when you compared it to the rather stiff and restrained image the Japanese have. It was surprisingly bold.

The London  handover in 2008 was of course the best.

 

Oh, wait  ...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I notice that it has become very customary also for athletes from outside the United States to place their hand on their hearts for their national anthems. I think that is a custom that should be left to the Americans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Olympian2005 said:

It just drags on though and then we hear the same anthem twice and the same announcements twice. I am sure they could just make one announcement. Even the athletes seem to be uninterested i think some have left too

It‘s the same anthem because the same country won both events. Tough luck.
 

Every winner deserves their own ceremony, and at least the women are now also on the same stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...