GamesBids' Toyko 2020 Closing Ceremony Live Chat

Just now, olimpicgamer said:

Or maybe that a custom in other countries too? <_<

Might be, but I notice more and more people doing it also in countries where it's not a custom. Some German athletes did it, too - and it's definitely not a custom to do any gesture during the German anthem.

2 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

Might be, but I notice more and more people doing it also in countries where it's not a custom. Some German athletes did it, too - and it's definitely not a custom to do any gesture during the German anthem.

That's interesting. I've been to countries where the children are taught at school to place their hand on the heart

1 minute ago, Olympian2004 said:

And now the already traditional tribute to the volunteers. I wonder whether Tokyo's volunteers had that much to do during these Games, though. It must be awful to prepare to dealing with spectators and then there are hardly any.

lots of volunteers assist with running of the actual events too, not only spectator duties.  

Just now, olimpicgamer said:

That's interesting. I've been to countries where the children are taught at school to place their hand on the heart

Yes, I think I heard about some countries where it is a custom, too. But I guess it is borrowed from the US.

1 minute ago, Olympian2004 said:

And now the already traditional tribute to the volunteers. I wonder whether Tokyo's volunteers had that much to do during these Games, though. It must be awful to prepare to dealing with spectators and then there are hardly any.

They show the athletes where to go. And help them with there stuff. The award ceremony has 3-4 volunteers. There were loads at the outdoor events. 

Just now, JMarkSnow2012 said:

I wonder what's the world record for the Biggest Drum Ever?

Well, nobody will care after Paris has displayed its biggest flag ever. :D That creates bad vibes for me, though - it remembers me of Azerbaijan which has a giant flag at the Baku waterfront. I believe that one was the biggest flag so far even.