Vancouver 2030

4 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

They may -- but that is NOT how the IOC names their Games.  It is by the host city(s) -- NOT the region or province. The Canadian Olympic Committe should know that. 
(Oregon22 was only used because Eugene is such a small town and Oregon is better known around the world.  World Games 22 (an IOC-affiliated entity) was so named so as not to confuse it with another Birmingham 22.) 

I mean, who cares about BC 30?  Before Christ 2030:wacko:  Doesn't make sense.  

If this bid comes to success it will probably be known as "vancouver 2030" I believe its easier for marketing issues, also it'd be contradictory to sell an "indigenous bid" and then splat all over your face BRITISH-COLUMBIA, the epitome of colonialism

1 hour ago, Chris_Mex said:

If this bid comes to success it will probably be known as "vancouver 2030" I believe its easier for marketing issues, also it'd be contradictory to sell an "indigenous bid" and then splat all over your face BRITISH-COLUMBIA, the epitome of colonialism

Unceded Indigenous Territory 2030

Wow, that report makes it sound like this bid hasn't got long left... time to seriously back Hamilton 2030 as springboard for Toronto 2036/40? They'd surely be a very strong candidate for one of those, especially if Europe only has Madrid with its problems for 36. I just hope Toronto can stay the course when they bid - this is their big chance. 

(Vancouver was an amazing host for 2010 obvs, but both Sapporo and SLC are due a second go first - and it's another province's turn :P)

Edited by yoshi

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“For the 2030 Winter Olympics, only Salt Lake City, Sapporo and Vancouver are candidates. And against the corruption backdrop, Vancouver’s reconciliation bid, being led by the Musqueam, Tsleil Waututh, Squamish and Líl̓wat First Nations, is probably looking pretty good to the IOC.”

“It’s still not clear that Vancouver’s $4-billion proposal will make it to the starting line, let alone finish first.“