Tokyo 2020 10th anniversary

Just now, WD96 said:

I know this maybe an unpopular question but do you think the Japanese should recreate the Tokyo 2020 games for the 10th anniversary (with pre-pandemic original plans)?

I know this was way too early but I want to see in 10 years on how the 2020 Olympics should have been like a recreation. I know you may disagree with this but I want how the original plan of the ceremonies would work.

Maybe in Nagoya/Aichi 2026 they can attempt to do what they couldn't for the Olympics. Though that also depends of who's in charge of the event since these tend to be a bit regionalistic and might mostly feature stuff from the Aichi prefecture rather than all of Japan (in the Nagano ceremonies, most of the cultural performances were folk dances/traditions from the Nagano prefecture, for example. Same with the 1995 Universiade (Fukuoka) ).

24 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Maybe in Nagoya/Aichi 2026 they can attempt to do what they couldn't for the Olympics. Though that also depends of who's in charge of the event since these tend to be a bit regionalistic and might mostly feature stuff from the Aichi prefecture rather than all of Japan (in the Nagano ceremonies, most of the cultural performances were folk dances/traditions from the Nagano prefecture, for example. Same with the 1995 Universiade (Fukuoka) ).

I wonder if Nagoya/Aichi would invite Australia and New Zealand just like what Turkmenistan did 4 years ago. There is a good chance that Australia and New Zealand may be part of the OCA but only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

If they canned these games at the last minute, like they said could've happened, I would've like to see them returned to Tokyo after LA. Give Tokyo another shot after Brisbane? Sure, why not. Way too far out in the future though. The earth may be burned up by then due to climate change.