GamesBids' Toyko 2020 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

Don't put all of the blame in Covid. Mansai Nomura is a bore who's more specialized in Kabuki/Noh theatres shows. It could had looked a bit more spectacular without all the Covid limitations but with Nomura the ceremony was already kinda doomed.

I do like the ring segment. It’s different from the previous bombastic ring reveal, and touch of simple joy there. Love the link between 1964 seeds to make the wooden ring. 

Just now, Ikarus360 said:

Great. Another self masturbatory segment so Bach can have more spotlight. **** this moron, I hate him as much as the CCP right now.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpe

I don't want to come over all snarky towards Professor Yunus, who's clearly done a lot of good, but what is the point of the Olympic Laurel - and in particular why in the opening? Is it just Bach trying to connect himself with Nobel laureates so he gets his own by association?

The parade of nations already?

To any brazilian/Rio 2016 fan who is reading this: I deeply apologize for being such an asshole 5 years ago. Your opening is Cirque du Soleil compared to this catastrophe.

Dragon Quest theme to open the parade of nations.

Just now, JMarkSnow2012 said:

Less than 40 minutes in, the Parade.

Yikes

I guess they really wanna fasten the ceremonies because ofc covid

2 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

The parade of nations already?

To any brazilian/Rio 2016 fan who is reading this: I deeply apologize for being such an asshole 5 years ago. Your opening is Cirque du Soleil compared to this catastrophe.

Dragon Quest theme to open the parade of nations.

Continued by Final Fantasy, nice combo ngl