GamesBids' Toyko 2020 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

4 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Despite the borefest of cultural show, the parade of nations was actually much better than I expected. And that's always been the true core of an Olympic Ceremony, thank god at least that was saved.

Totally agree. Since now on, the parade should have a reduced number of athletes in every OC

14 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Despite the borefest of cultural show....

Are we sure there's not more to come? I'm thinking we're seeing an early parade of nations, that's all. Means there's a bit of a 'crowd' this way too.

Edited by Rob.

7 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Totally agree. Since now on, the parade should have a reduced number of athletes in every OC

I understand your sentiment but we need to understand that walking in the opening ceremony is the big moment for 90% of the athletes. if you limit the number of athletes permanently you take that away from them. From a viewership perspective yes it takes awhile but give it to them lol

Just now, alphamale86 said:

I understand your sentiment but we need to understand that walking in the opening ceremony is the big moment for 90% of the athletes. if you limit the number of athletes permanently you take that away from them. From a viewership perspective yes it takes awhile but give it to them lol

agree, without athletes, no olympic games

Another positive note, finally they gave a rest to popular tunes/dance music in parade of nations for a change. Not against it, i liked the Kpop in PC and british pop tunes in London but I missed orchestra music in parade of nations which hasn't been done since Vancouver.

4 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Another positive note, finally they gave a rest to popular tunes/dance music in parade of nations for a change. Not against it, i liked the Kpop in PC and british pop tunes in London but I missed orchestra music in parade of nations which hasn't been done since Vancouver.

The catch is that this is game-soundtrack music performed orchestrally. Classical orchestral music would very probably involve unusual time-signatures which would mess with the rhythm of the parade.

1 minute ago, olympiaki-agones said:

I've never been so bored watching the Olympics in my life. Let's see how that drone show and the cauldron lighting wakes me up. 

one of the quickest parade of nations - straight up the middle