Jump to content

GamesBids' Toyko 2020 Opening Ceremony Live Chat


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Despite the borefest of cultural show, the parade of nations was actually much better than I expected. And that's always been the true core of an Olympic Ceremony, thank god at least that was saved.

Totally agree. Since now on, the parade should have a reduced number of athletes in every OC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Despite the borefest of cultural show....

Are we sure there's not more to come? I'm thinking we're seeing an early parade of nations, that's all. Means there's a bit of a 'crowd' this way too.

Edited by Rob.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Totally agree. Since now on, the parade should have a reduced number of athletes in every OC

I understand your sentiment but we need to understand that walking in the opening ceremony is the big moment for 90% of the athletes. if you limit the number of athletes permanently you take that away from them. From a viewership perspective yes it takes awhile but give it to them lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alphamale86 said:

I understand your sentiment but we need to understand that walking in the opening ceremony is the big moment for 90% of the athletes. if you limit the number of athletes permanently you take that away from them. From a viewership perspective yes it takes awhile but give it to them lol

agree, without athletes, no olympic games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another positive note, finally they gave a rest to popular tunes/dance music in parade of nations for a change. Not against it, i liked the Kpop in PC and british pop tunes in London but I missed orchestra music in parade of nations which hasn't been done since Vancouver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Another positive note, finally they gave a rest to popular tunes/dance music in parade of nations for a change. Not against it, i liked the Kpop in PC and british pop tunes in London but I missed orchestra music in parade of nations which hasn't been done since Vancouver.

The catch is that this is game-soundtrack music performed orchestrally. Classical orchestral music would very probably involve unusual time-signatures which would mess with the rhythm of the parade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, olympiaki-agones said:

I've never been so bored watching the Olympics in my life. Let's see how that drone show and the cauldron lighting wakes me up. 

one of the quickest parade of nations - straight up the middle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...