Rugby League World Cup 2021 (possibly)

Disappointing, but wholly unsurprising news coming out this morning that Australia and New Zealand have withdrawn from the tournament this autumn and called for it to be postponed until next year. There had been rumours in the last few weeks that the event was going to be delayed until 2022.

BBC Sport - Rugby League World Cup: Australia and New Zealand pull out of tournament

It's now a huge call for the organisers. Go ahead regardless or wait to have all the best teams playing?

Still no firm news nearly a week on but, reading between the lines, I'd say this looks like a step towards postponing until next year.

Rugby League World Cup: Organisers admit 'significant challenges threaten' event

Not sure how many of our Australia and New Zealand-based members follow rugby league, but I'm interested in their take on the withdrawal in particular. I know players' groups aren't happy and there have been calls for the tournament to go ahead regardless. But, having bought tickets for games involving Australia and New Zealand, as well as England, I can't see myself going if those teams aren't there.