Its me and I'm here to b!tch

Lord how this place has withered on the vine.

Tokyo and the IOC had the NBA bubble, the two NHL bubbles and the Champions league bubble to learn from. Yet because they refused to sacrifice the parade of nations and the athletes village they have f-cking cocked this **** right up.

Like Lord Jesus, what in the goddamn hell were these nitwits thinking.

Its not f-cking hard. All Judoka your bubble is here, all fencers - here. All gymnasts over there. Instead he have the countries together and MIXING for f-cksakes.

Like really, 

you have Johnson committing another Holodomor agains the youth of the UK for the good of the old farts and now this ****

WHAT THE F-CK

PS Puppy I hope you're well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

What did you expected from a country governed by old farts disconnected from the present world and who still think their methods work today? All of them were short sighted, selfish and greedy, still wanting to push with everything as if nothing was happening, plus wasted a lot of time making decisions thanks to their bureaucracy and their big mistrust on the vaccines trials, which led to them have a laughably low vaccination percentage. And yes, I know COVID happened and stuff but organizing comittes of an event must ALWAYS have a plan B for these kind of scenarios, specially when stuff like the terrorist attacks in Munich and Atlanta happened. And clearly, Tokyo had anything but.

Its not gonna end here. I'm afraid this gigantic disaster is going to make many japanese start to question their government and we might see lots of changes soon, hopefully for the better. There is a reason why Abe resigned last year. The old fox didn't wanted to be remembered as the PM who royally fucked the Olympics so now all the blame will fall on his lackey, Suga. After all, this was his pet project which he pushed so hard to make out of vanity for a country which has felt behind vastly from China economically and geopolitically wise and which is even starting to fall behind in the innovative, technology area to South Korea, their sworn hated rivals.

Tokyo 2020 killed and buried very deep into the earth the myth of flawless, perfect Japaneese organization which, I admit, 7 years ago, was also too naive and believed in, so seeing all this is a huge heartbreak. Its a big blow to their reputation which will take years to heal. Perhaps Nagoya-Aichi 2026 Asiad can be a small chance to start to redeem themselves, but it will take more than just that. One thing is sure, we won't see the games in the land of the rising sun for a long time, or unless the IOC changes their ways and the Olympics as a whole suffer a huge remodelation.

Just now, Ikarus360 said:

What did you expected from a country governed by old farts disconnected from the present world and who still think their methods work today? All of them were short sighted, selfish and greedy, still wanting to push with everything as if nothing was happening, plus wasted a lot of time making decisions thanks to their bureaucracy and their big mistrust on the vaccines trials, which led to them have a laughably low vaccination percentage. And yes, I know COVID happened and stuff but organizing comittes of an event must ALWAYS have a plan B for these kind of scenarios, specially when stuff like the terrorist attacks in Munich and Atlanta happened. And clearly, Tokyo had anything but.

Its not gonna end here. I'm afraid this gigantic disaster is going to make many japanese start to question their government and we might see lots of changes soon, hopefully for the better. There is a reason why Abe resigned last year. The old fox didn't wanted to be remembered as the PM who royally fucked the Olympics so now all the blame will fall on his lackey, Suga. After all, this was his pet project which he pushed so hard to make out of vanity for a country which has felt behind vastly from China economically and geopolitically wise and which is even starting to fall behind in the innovative, technology area to South Korea, their sworn hated rivals.

Tokyo 2020 killed and buried very deep into the earth the myth of flawless, perfect Japaneese organization which, I admit, 7 years ago, was also too naive and believed in, so seeing all this is a huge heartbreak. Its a big blow to their reputation which will take years to heal. Perhaps Nagoya-Aichi 2026 Asiad can be a small chance to start to redeem themselves, but it will take more than just that. One thing is sure, we won't see the games in the land of the rising sun for a long time, or unless the IOC changes their ways and the Olympics as a whole suffer a huge remodelation.

Japan's got the FINA World Aquatics Championships next year.

Just now, WD96 said:

Japan's got the FINA World Aquatics Championships next year.

Ah yeah, Fukuoka. Luckily I heard the city is the most innovative and with more young people in the country. Maybe they wont royally **** things up like Tokyo did.

I think the biggest issue is not within Japan, other then the severe aversion to risk,  but within the IOC. Bach outright said they didn't want to take anything away that would make this just another sporting event. 

In reality the athletes should have been segregated by sport and isolated from each other into 30 plus separate bubbles. But would reduce the event to 30 separate championships instead of the Olympic Games.

8 hours ago, Faster said:

But could you imagine if Tokyo had won 2016 and Rio had won 2020?

A lot of people here seem to be forgetting Brazil was going through a mess as bad as this one. Economic crisis, political crisis (Dilma removed and Temer hated by everyone in Brazil so protests happened all the time), and also a health crisis (Zika Pandemic). It's time to face reality and accept the people in charge of Tokyo 2020 were completely short sighted.