Baseball at Tokyo 2020

8 hours ago, Olympian2005 said:

Huge baseball fan and player here. I am really looking ahead to baseball at this years games. Obv i am praying for a USA win.

Anyone else here into Baseball? Do you think USA will win? what do you guys think?

Japan will be the main competition for gold.  I expect (hope for?) a Japan - USA final.  Japan's team will have the best players from the Japanese leagues, and from what I understand, winning this gold medal is as important as any there is for the Japanese public (at least those who still support having the Games). It would be a nice story though if Israel could get in there for a medal.

I'm also looking forward to the softball competition, I expect a Japan - USA final there as well.  And softball will be the opening event of the Games, with the first games taking place 2 days before the Opening Ceremonies.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, Olympian2005 said:

The baseball venue looks good. Would love to play here.

Honestly I prefer softball to baseball.:P I had time to walk around the stadium today and here are some pics.

P_20210704_071154_vHDR_Auto_HP_R.jpgP_20210704_071105_vHDR_Auto_R.jpgP_20210704_154802_vHDR_Auto_R.jpg

(edited)_P_20210704_154157_vHDR_Auto_R.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palette86 said:

Honestly I prefer softball to baseball.:P I had time to walk around the stadium today and here are some pics.

P_20210704_071154_vHDR_Auto_HP_R.jpgP_20210704_071105_vHDR_Auto_R.jpgP_20210704_154802_vHDR_Auto_R.jpg

(edited)_P_20210704_154157_vHDR_Auto_R.jpg

Looks good dressed in its Olympics dress.

How many spectators will be allowed to watch each game?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Olympian2005 said:

USA first game versus Israel is on Friday July 30. Excited but still so long to wait :P 

Part of the deal where baseball and softball are being treated as the same sport. I saw 2 of Israel's pre-Olympic games here, so that's definitely a "wake up early" game for me when they play the US!

• Like 1

Eddy Alvarez is set for an olympic double

The team USA baseball player is a Sochi 2014 short track speed skating relay silver medalist and he is set to win either gold or silver today.

This will make him the 6th athlete in history to medal in both winter and summer olympics.