Halifax 2014 - Canadian CG bid race

mr.x

<ahem> snipped for reading

Outraged... where's your blog. I'd like to know why you're outraged. Don't spill it out on here, because that's not what this thread is about. Where is the website for it?

If you do not have it yet send me a PM I will send it to you.
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Howe, you can't dismiss it when somebody claims rape, it's too serious an issue to blow it off. Have you ever had one of your friends claim to be a rapist? Outraged, I read your blog, any commetnts on what I say, first, go to the Glasgow thread. Jim... pistols at dawn. lol

Reddog thanks for your compassion..His kind are why rapist run amuck. As not to feed his pathology I will not reply directly to him I have a moral obligation not to incite the vulnerable....there is so much I could say....but I am saving it.....

The police...AG...and everyoen else....LMAO....it is so pitiful but I will try to have mercy.... PETER KELLY, the police and commission( NADINE COOPER MONT/GARY MUMFORD) refuse to investigate a 15 page report on organized abuse on people who speak out on police brutality in HRM, they wrongfully incarcerated me twice and jailed me once to teach me lesson and abused me in their jails which the RCMP kept from the public. and refused to include while they investigated the jail abuse in HRM, it is so much easier to blame dead drunk guys..and there is so mcuh more....

the AG...the one I bitchslapped after 9 years of court fighting in NS COURT OF APPEALS..is he still crying over that... you mean the office hiding all the real stats on BLACK on WHITE CRIME as not to incite the AL SHARPTONS of HRM...

who is 'every one else' OMG this is so symptomatic of 'all or none' thinking....I feel bad now..had I known JH was so 'handicapped' I would not have been so.. honest......it is painful.....

The police have received in writing 6 times that if PM is not charged with rape I will assault him...now your next question should be is: where are your charges?

Now how would JH know what the police and AG and EVERY ONE else think if I have not received official notice of such........THANK YOU JH FOR PROVING MY POINT OF A CORRUPT HRM......OMG it was too easy........

where are my 6 charges? AG and police and EVERY ONE ELSE must be too ascared to charge me so that it is not international news , they must not let the FEDERATION find out!

It appears that some need to sit this dance out, the tempo is too fast...they cannot keep up....

Joe Howe, you can't dismiss it when somebody claims rape, it's too serious an issue to blow it off. Have you ever had one of your friends claim to be a rapist? Outraged, I read your blog, any commetnts on what I say, first, go to the Glasgow thread. Jim... pistols at dawn. lol

Reddog thanks for your compassion..His kind are why rapist run amuck. As not to feed his pathology I will not reply directly to him I have a moral obligation not to incite the vulnerable....there is so much I could say....but I am saving it.....

The police...AG...and everyoen else....LMAO....it is so pitiful but I will try to have mercy.... PETER KELLY, the police and commission( NADINE COOPER MONT/GARY MUMFORD) refuse to investigate a 15 page report on organized abuse on people who speak out on police brutality in HRM, they wrongfully incarcerated me twice and jailed me once to teach me lesson and abused me in their jails which the RCMP kept from the public. and refused to include while they investigated the jail abuse in HRM, it is so much easier to blame dead drunk guys..and there is so mcuh more....

the AG...the one I bitchslapped after 9 years of court fighting in NS COURT OF APPEALS..is he still crying over that... you mean the office hiding all the real stats on BLACK on WHITE CRIME as not to incite the AL SHARPTONS of HRM...

who is 'every one else' OMG this is so symptomatic of 'all or none' thinking....I feel bad now..had I known JH was so 'handicapped' I would not have been so.. honest......it is painful.....

The police have received in writing 6 times that if PM is not charged with rape I will assault him...now your next question should be is: where are your charges?

Now how would JH know what the police and AG and EVERY ONE else think if I have not received official notice of such........THANK YOU JH FOR PROVING MY POINT OF A CORRUPT HRM......OMG it was too easy........

where are my 6 charges? AG and police and EVERY ONE ELSE must be too ascared to charge me so that it is not international news , they must not let the FEDERATION find out!

It appears that some need to sit this dance out, the tempo is too fast...they cannot keep up....

Can someone let JH know I am still waiting for the list of all the intelligent people who have dismissed me even those who have just a shred of intelligence ..I am finishing up a report on unethical practices in the judicial system in NS from ministers, crown, police, mayor/council ..how apropos.... that new list will be a great addition to my information....then again the posts from JH will be just fine...cut and pasted...thanks.

I forgot to mention: I have team members in my organization but one was fired big time for colluding with HRM police golden boy from North Preston /UNIACKE SQUARE ...DEAN SIMMONS. HE and Beazley knew she belonged to my group/blog so he offered to give her stolen computers but she was not to tell anyone except her pals ( wink wink) who may need new computers on a city vouchure.......I filed with NS police commission, she recanted her story after being fired......this officer was not investigated...I offered to take a lie detector test popo refuse to give me one just like they refused to give me on on the PM rape case I asked 6 times and 6 times they refused.

Two of my other team members had guns put in their faces as police busted in their door. I am doing that commission report now......there is a receipt for that door. Her children were woken with guns in their faces.....my own son was beaten by a known rogue youth beating officer ...my son was jailed and when he called me as his one call they hung the phone up in my ear........15 pages of abuse......hidden from the NS public....

have no doubt HRM should never be allowed to have anything here not for a long long time.....

have no doubt they need me silent.... this year marks a decade.... it was theirs.... this next decade belongs to me and my family.

Have no doubt about that.

Out, take this beyond an internet board. My compassion only goes as far as the action. Lambasting JH because he has a hard time believing, isn't the course of effective change. As much as I frequent this site, and a handful of others, like so many of the people on here, this is really the last place to take it. All it does it open your case to undue ridicule, and lead you to re-act in unsavory manners such as that blast you fired at JH. He is just one of the many publicly minded people, such as myself, that want big things for this city, and have a hard time when people go on the offensive against what we see as something this city needs. This may have been on going, I don't know, I'm just somebody who swings through these places when I'm tired of writing papers, and pushing my own agenda to get into the machine, and eventually make the machine mine. MUAHAHAHAHA! Basically, as you can already tell you're going to have problems arise whenever you bring up an issue like this, so avoid getting yourself caught up in dealing with people such as myself, and JH, who can't really do much other than say they're opinion. Which is something we are freely entitled to. I can fully understand why you felt the rage, but in the end, whether or not we believe you is not the issue, it your ability to make the changes, and truely fix the wrongs. All I did was raise similar instances, and situations that are similar to your plight. I will always listen to somebody if what they say is coherent, factual, and not the same thing I heard from them over and over and over (Jim :rolleyes: ).

Keep on Keepin on

The Big One.

Accually it was the international body that approached the company about the system, the Swiss timing is used for the race progress, this was used for starting the race. It was Banook that fumbled, plain and simple. The company couldn't run with it because Banook dragged it heels, now they use a French system. Mind it doesn't matter, the company folded, I got my hands on one of the golf shirts, if we ever go golfing Jim, I'll wear it. Seriously I love golf, and will play with anybody, even you... accually esspecially you, I think it would be fun. Now one of the guys who did the machine, is part owner of Morswift Machines based out of Digby. Look them up Jim, for a guy who is all about rural development, and oppertunities, these guys would intrest you.

Tell me the last time somebody made it to the top using ethical measures? I'm havinga hard time thinking of any, but you're so smart you've got books of them don't you?

And why did they go out of business. Well yes they really had the swiss and europeans fighting for them LOL.

I would not doubt if it was good enough the swiss would have bought the technology in the bankruptcy sale if there was one.

sport festivals are an exclusive domain on european industry

And why did they go out of business. Well yes they really had the swiss and europeans fighting for them LOL.

I would not doubt if it was good enough the swiss would have bought the technology in the bankruptcy sale if there was one.

sport festivals are an exclusive domain on european industry

Nope, since the group of owners didn't move, they went to a french designed process, not nearly as efficiant, but equally available. It's still sitting in storage at that canoe club... not even being used in the summer for they're own competitions. Nobody ever said anything about bankruptcy Jim, both designers came to the agreement that it was time to part ways. Once agian an example of you missing the details and making your own logic. Fine Jim, whatever you have to say to make yourself feel right....

Nope, since the group of owners didn't move, they went to a french designed process, not nearly as efficiant, but equally available. It's still sitting in storage at that canoe club... not even being used in the summer for they're own competitions. Nobody ever said anything about bankruptcy Jim, both designers came to the agreement that it was time to part ways. Once agian an example of you missing the details and making your own logic. Fine Jim, whatever you have to say to make yourself feel right....

t

No you are the one missing the details here. I said " they could buy it in the bankruptcy sale if there was one" I did not say there was a bankruptcy .

And the French designed process point to what I say . Europeans have sports festival thing under wraps to gain monies from oher places without competition.

In other words colusion Unless it the French technology came from Quebec which is doubt then you have a European based industry serving a European based client

while we as north Americans flip the bills for not only sport festivals but most likely development costs here to compete in a market that we have no chance of entering

because of European Colusion.

Bad marketing you can try and blame but withuto the European head quarters you will not get far with the sports festival mafia out of Switzerland. Lets put it this way. I am sure the sports body involved allowed the ground breaking technology from halifax in to have their industrial spies from european pilfer the idea and then made it without the high standards and some changes then making it impossible to have the canadian company win a patent suit in the european courts or the over large market the united states. Again the trade and the choice of the capital contractors dont stay in the local markets they go to europe. In melbourne i read that a mere 10 percent of capital expense contracts actually went to local companies despite a major stadium /arena plastic seat maker being located in the state of victoria.

jim jones

jim jones

t

No you are the one missing the details here. I said " they could buy it in the bankruptcy sale if there was one" I did not say there was a bankruptcy .

And the French designed process point to what I say . Europeans have sports festival thing under wraps to gain monies from oher places without competition.

In other words colusion Unless it the French technology came from Quebec which is doubt then you have a European based industry serving a European based client

while we as north Americans flip the bills for not only sport festivals but most likely development costs here to compete in a market that we have no chance of entering

because of European Colusion.

Bad marketing you can try and blame but withuto the European head quarters you will not get far with the sports festival mafia out of Switzerland. Lets put it this way. I am sure the sports body involved allowed the ground breaking technology from halifax in to have their industrial spies from european pilfer the idea and then made it without the high standards and some changes then making it impossible to have the canadian company win a patent suit in the european courts or the over large market the united states. Again the trade and the choice of the capital contractors dont stay in the local markets they go to europe. In melbourne i read that a mere 10 percent of capital expense contracts actually went to local companies despite a major stadium /arena plastic seat maker being located in the state of victoria.

jim jones

jim jones

Industrial spies? pffft I know for a fact there is no way to change that design, or the patent, to swindle the Canadians. Banook floundered, why? No idea. As well the US went with the old system, where Europe went with the french. The whole thing is a shame because it would have brought a stanardization to the canoing program. You've got a serious fear of Europeans Jim. Maybe there is validity to it, I'm sure that your next post is going to be about how you uncovered a giant underworld conspiricy, that Europe is trying to conquer the sports world. As well, as much as the IIHF maybe be based in Zurich, they know, that the last word in hockey, will always be Canada. Well more so the NHL, but you get my point. Also Jim... you never said you'd golf with me or not when the links open.

Who knows. However, one has to be careful how certain aspects of a bid is to be exploited in either direction. I read somewhere in this particular forum is that a bid "with no infrastructure to back it up" will always fail. Most of the time, it is the case, but there are exceptions.

Also, when it comes to the necessary funding for something, like the Commonwealth Games, it is very difficult to say how those costs will be affected by any event. We have seen with the way Vancouver 2010 is contending with costs that were not expected to show up in some ways. Sure, we could just say, "We knew that it was coming and they didn't listen to us," and we leave it at that. But, do we really know what is their situations in general or are we just blowing steam because we are stubborn in our opinions about what the term "cost effectiveness" really means? Yes, some of us use here the Montreal 1976 situation as an example. However, did you know that Calgary 1988, no matter how successful it was in various degrees, faced the very same music as Montreal 1976? Did you know that some peoples' opinions I read in the Internet say that Calgary 1988 "was considered the worst Olympic Games ever?" You be surprised what you can find nowadays in there of the opinions that tried to sway people to think these ways. Some have even gone as far as that Los Angeles 1984 was "a big mistake overall." Some "rotting fruit" for thought to you guys here. However, it goes to show you how far some are willing to boost or hinder anything of this kind of scale, even long after such event was over for a long time.

Industrial spies? pffft I know for a fact there is no way to change that design, or the patent, to swindle the Canadians. Banook floundered, why? No idea. As well the US went with the old system, where Europe went with the french. The whole thing is a shame because it would have brought a stanardization to the canoing program. You've got a serious fear of Europeans Jim. Maybe there is validity to it, I'm sure that your next post is going to be about how you uncovered a giant underworld conspiricy, that Europe is trying to conquer the sports world. As well, as much as the IIHF maybe be based in Zurich, they know, that the last word in hockey, will always be Canada. Well more so the NHL, but you get my point. Also Jim... you never said you'd golf with me or not when the links open.

So with all this fumbling the ball on the 50 yard line and Scott Logan the CEO of the halifax 2014 bid being a former paddler/coach we should have to turn our tax money for such a idiotic idea???? To think the man on air would answer my question of lack of real revenues for TV right for the commonwealth games with "well india will be able to pay more then the 400,000 dollars us they did in melbourne because they are hosting the commonwealth games in 2010 and will become richer. Come On scott do you really dont believe your own BS???

No there is no way to swindle the Canadains because the so called break thru would be starved of a market because of colusion by the europeans. Sorry to say but the europeans call every shot and if it wasnt for the tories standing up to the vanoc committee and saying you have to find savings yourself the check book is closed then we would have had to have had to spend about 10 to 20 million to increase the size of the ice surface at BC place. Yes it was also the prospect of NHL leverage that had the IIHF back down and except that pretty much every player in the olympics plays at GM place for their day jobs in the NHL.

That type of thing will end when the NHL leaves the olympics after 2010. Notice the timing device it did not make an appearance at the olympics . please stop trying to blow smoke up people asses there is absolutely no value what so ever in this commonwealth games scheme for people in the local area. Yes for someone who knows a design very well you dont seem to know business of international sports politic. If they actually had something there they would be marketing it today instead of it collecting dust for the last 12 years . Considering that they only made one unit for a local hosting of a world event and went no further it is apparent I am right in my thinking. This timing device is just like the tennis court line sensor system that was made in cape breton and the radio navigation system that was made there as well. GPS comes out and for million of dollars invested mirconav is blow with only one buyer of the system, the toronto island airport, The Tennis court sensor system did nothing again.

We seem to have this idea that we are the only ones to create exotic and great tech stuff but the truth is if you don't have the pull or marketing abilities

most likely a european or american company or companies will steamroll your idea and just alter the design to be outside a patent.

We have nothing to offer the world hosting an event like this. This event for halifax purposes is driven by a need to have a stadium with no tenant and a mountain of debt.

The Europeans I am not afraid of because when it comes to many things they produce some very fine junk. And when they do make something big they usually stumble like they are doing with Airbus right now. Production problems and a Super Jumbo jet that will probably be a failure because the airline industry does need

that capacity in a single plane. Also making a plane that will need a 100 million dollars in airport improvements in many case makes for a very small amount of places you can actually use that plane. Boeing is riding high and has a history of knowing its customers and the industry. Airbus well Bribes will only get you so far when your customers are waiting longer for your product with Boeing out producing you and delivering on time.

jim jones

Out, take this beyond an internet board. My compassion only goes as far as the action. Lambasting JH because he has a hard time believing, isn't the course of effective change. As much as I frequent this site, and a handful of others, like so many of the people on here, this is really the last place to take it. All it does it open your case to undue ridicule, and lead you to re-act in unsavory manners such as that blast you fired at JH. He is just one of the many publicly minded people, such as myself, that want big things for this city, and have a hard time when people go on the offensive against what we see as something this city needs. This may have been on going, I don't know, I'm just somebody who swings through these places when I'm tired of writing papers, and pushing my own agenda to get into the machine, and eventually make the machine mine. MUAHAHAHAHA! Basically, as you can already tell you're going to have problems arise whenever you bring up an issue like this, so avoid getting yourself caught up in dealing with people such as myself, and JH, who can't really do much other than say they're opinion. Which is something we are freely entitled to. I can fully understand why you felt the rage, but in the end, whether or not we believe you is not the issue, it your ability to make the changes, and truely fix the wrongs. All I did was raise similar instances, and situations that are similar to your plight. I will always listen to somebody if what they say is coherent, factual, and not the same thing I heard from them over and over and over (Jim :rolleyes: ).

Keep on Keepin on

The Big One.

I assure you Reddog you read too much into my replies to JH....he is a tired minion....

We will disagree, this is a good a place as any..I am about informing the public so they make the most educated actions possible.....so in that light any form of communication is fair.....perhaps you have misunderstood why I posted it here?

The host website has the right to remove anything they deem unsuitable and that is fine with me. I respect that right afterall I am THEIR guest , I am in their HOUSE, house rules.

I do not feel the least bit unsavory you obviously do not know the dynamics at play here.. I can assure you that is not a blast, that is the FACTS perhaps it is too candid for YOU?

I am fully aware of the right courses of action and had I lived in a province that had ethical and responsible and accountable govt we would not be having this chat- that should be intuitvely obvious by now..and if we have no such govt they should not have the GAMEs which is a great honour.

If you find my posts here or my position 'offensive'- you are a grown man exercise that right and ignore them. I want great things for this city too, ethical government, perhaps we just have different priorities?

I have no issue about my making public those things that should be public, you underestimate me. Please note you seem to have again misunderstood me and my purpose I do NOT need YOUR validation, I was being polite not at all moitvated by rage...unless you mean moral OUTRAGE!!!!...LOL.

keep on keeping on....I say that alot so we have one thing in commmon Reddog....LOLOL...lets see what happens...

Who knows. However, one has to be careful how certain aspects of a bid is to be exploited in either direction. I read somewhere in this particular forum is that a bid "with no infrastructure to back it up" will always fail. Most of the time, it is the case, but there are exceptions.

Also, when it comes to the necessary funding for something, like the Commonwealth Games, it is very difficult to say how those costs will be affected by any event. We have seen with the way Vancouver 2010 is contending with costs that were not expected to show up in some ways. Sure, we could just say, "We knew that it was coming and they didn't listen to us," and we leave it at that. But, do we really know what is their situations in general or are we just blowing steam because we are stubborn in our opinions about what the term "cost effectiveness" really means? Yes, some of us use here the Montreal 1976 situation as an example. However, did you know that Calgary 1988, no matter how successful it was in various degrees, faced the very same music as Montreal 1976? Did you know that some peoples' opinions I read in the Internet say that Calgary 1988 "was considered the worst Olympic Games ever?" You be surprised what you can find nowadays in there of the opinions that tried to sway people to think these ways. Some have even gone as far as that Los Angeles 1984 was "a big mistake overall." Some "rotting fruit" for thought to you guys here. However, it goes to show you how far some are willing to boost or hinder anything of this kind of scale, even long after such event was over for a long time.

G, it is akin to the saying: you can measure a society's intelligence by the laws it makes and does not enforce..what is the point ( EINMSTEIN)....it is not feasible or intelligent to give a bid to a city that just cannot support it....regardless of who that may be.

We need not look any further than our own everyday lives,....we just do not have any confidence in anything that does not appear to be solid..... we do not invest in anything where the pay-off is not predictable or measurable. It is counter-intuitive to progress and self preservation.

Thanks for including all those other comments from other host cities ...very helpful...

it reminds me of KATRINA in premise only...THEY said they had no warning........we find out that THEY-CITY-NAGIN had all kinds of warnings of a pending disaster but did not act on it...and who paid the greatest price?????

THOSE WHO CAN LEAST AFFORD IT!!!!!

I assure you Reddog you read too much into my replies to JH....he is a tired minion....

We will disagree, this is a good a place as any..I am about informing the public so they make the most educated actions possible.....so in that light any form of communication is fair.....perhaps you have misunderstood why I posted it here?

The host website has the right to remove anything they deem unsuitable and that is fine with me. I respect that right afterall I am THEIR guest , I am in their HOUSE, house rules.

I do not feel the least bit unsavory you obviously do not know the dynamics at play here.. I can assure you that is not a blast, that is the FACTS perhaps it is too candid for YOU?

I am fully aware of the right courses of action and had I lived in a province that had ethical and responsible and accountable govt we would not be having this chat- that should be intuitvely obvious by now..and if we have no such govt they should not have the GAMEs which is a great honour.

If you find my posts here or my position 'offensive'- you are a grown man exercise that right and ignore them. I want great things for this city too, ethical government, perhaps we just have different priorities?

I have no issue about my making public those things that should be public, you underestimate me. Please note you seem to have again misunderstood me and my purpose I do NOT need YOUR validation, I was being polite not at all moitvated by rage...unless you mean moral OUTRAGE!!!!...LOL.

keep on keeping on....I say that alot so we have one thing in commmon Reddog....LOLOL...lets see what happens...

Is this Peter Ewert by any chance?

So with all this fumbling the ball on the 50 yard line and Scott Logan the CEO of the halifax 2014 bid being a former paddler/coach we should have to turn our tax money for such a idiotic idea???? To think the man on air would answer my question of lack of real revenues for TV right for the commonwealth games with "well india will be able to pay more then the 400,000 dollars us they did in melbourne because they are hosting the commonwealth games in 2010 and will become richer. Come On scott do you really dont believe your own BS???

No there is no way to swindle the Canadains because the so called break thru would be starved of a market because of colusion by the europeans. Sorry to say but the europeans call every shot and if it wasnt for the tories standing up to the vanoc committee and saying you have to find savings yourself the check book is closed then we would have had to have had to spend about 10 to 20 million to increase the size of the ice surface at BC place. Yes it was also the prospect of NHL leverage that had the IIHF back down and except that pretty much every player in the olympics plays at GM place for their day jobs in the NHL.

That type of thing will end when the NHL leaves the olympics after 2010. Notice the timing device it did not make an appearance at the olympics . please stop trying to blow smoke up people asses there is absolutely no value what so ever in this commonwealth games scheme for people in the local area. Yes for someone who knows a design very well you dont seem to know business of international sports politic. If they actually had something there they would be marketing it today instead of it collecting dust for the last 12 years . Considering that they only made one unit for a local hosting of a world event and went no further it is apparent I am right in my thinking. This timing device is just like the tennis court line sensor system that was made in cape breton and the radio navigation system that was made there as well. GPS comes out and for million of dollars invested mirconav is blow with only one buyer of the system, the toronto island airport, The Tennis court sensor system did nothing again.

We seem to have this idea that we are the only ones to create exotic and great tech stuff but the truth is if you don't have the pull or marketing abilities

most likely a european or american company or companies will steamroll your idea and just alter the design to be outside a patent.

We have nothing to offer the world hosting an event like this. This event for halifax purposes is driven by a need to have a stadium with no tenant and a mountain of debt.

The Europeans I am not afraid of because when it comes to many things they produce some very fine junk. And when they do make something big they usually stumble like they are doing with Airbus right now. Production problems and a Super Jumbo jet that will probably be a failure because the airline industry does need

that capacity in a single plane. Also making a plane that will need a 100 million dollars in airport improvements in many case makes for a very small amount of places you can actually use that plane. Boeing is riding high and has a history of knowing its customers and the industry. Airbus well Bribes will only get you so far when your customers are waiting longer for your product with Boeing out producing you and delivering on time.

jim jones

it will ALWAYS come to this inevitable and unrefutable point

No kidding, Outraged.

My local news has reported that the 4 Maritime premiers will come to Alberta to deal with how to "bring their lost workers back." Like what I have posted earlier about "aggressive ads" regarding about getting them home, I do not know if their efforts will add much in the end. Again, with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if NS is really riding on the outcome here because of the 2014 Commonwealth Games bid indirectly.

No kidding, Outraged.

My local news has reported that the 4 Maritime premiers will come to Alberta to deal with how to "bring their lost workers back." Like what I have posted earlier about "aggressive ads" regarding about getting them home, I do not know if their efforts will add much in the end. Again, with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if NS is really riding on the outcome here because of the 2014 Commonwealth Games bid indirectly.

The incredible delusional dream with a rodney mac donald is he can actually have nova scotia come back to a wage that is half as much and a regime that is going to push up taxes because nova scotia has no choice. 12.5 billion in debt is about the highest per capita debt in canada and that is with a decreasing population unlike ontario. Two jack up offshore oil rigs are being transported to the north sea so that probably means the end of exploration for a while here. The newfoundland and nova scotia have been dragging their feet on allowing offshore development beyond what is developed now. It was estimated that natural gas off o nova scotia would supply canada s needs for 18 years but 7 years into the project that has estimate has turned out to be false.

This province is in for further pain economically and funding a Montreal Olympics scheme is not something that will instill the confidence of bond underwriters on bay street or wall street. Paying down the Deficit and Debt is what Ralph Kline did in Alberta and now they reap the rewards and actually pay people rebates on their income tax in the Province of Alberta.

No one especially construction trades people are going to come back to alberta for half the wage for a 3 year commonwealth games project when tey have 30 years of work ahead of them that they will also live in a place were they are not taxed to death.

jim jones

No kidding, Outraged.

How to bring their lost people back....I think you tapped on to something G about finding ways to beguile folks back home......like the good ole fashioned smell of pan fried bacon...... no pun intended but works ;))

I think engaging in meaningful ways to try to stabilize the Maritime economy is great progressive thinking, I really do but as soon as there are other agendas it is bound to fall short of every ones expectations. It is an inevitability

If they want to bring folks home then do that and give that objective 100%....Do not do the 2 dolla tricks of using the shiny nickle.....it is a trick of false promises...

Look at the money spent on the G7, the first rows of MULGRAVE PARK were reconstructed NOT BECAUSE IT WAS HEALTHIER FOR THE FAMILIES but because thes house fronts were on the direct route of the motor car parade....ooooaahahahah look at the best show, the glam to hide the sham of the ugly of public housing nevermind that the money could have went into other things......

sorry do not mean to be preaching to the choir...

G, thanks for the updates from 'out there'...LOL

The incredible delusional dream with a rodney mac donald is he can actually have nova scotia come back to a wage that is half as much and a regime that is going to push up taxes because nova scotia has no choice. 12.5 billion in debt is about the highest per capita debt in canada and that is with a decreasing population unlike ontario. Two jack up offshore oil rigs are being transported to the north sea so that probably means the end of exploration for a while here. The newfoundland and nova scotia have been dragging their feet on allowing offshore development beyond what is developed now. It was estimated that natural gas off o nova scotia would supply canada s needs for 18 years but 7 years into the project that has estimate has turned out to be false.

This province is in for further pain economically and funding a Montreal Olympics scheme is not something that will instill the confidence of bond underwriters on bay street or wall street. Paying down the Deficit and Debt is what Ralph Kline did in Alberta and now they reap the rewards and actually pay people rebates on their income tax in the Province of Alberta.

No one especially construction trades people are going to come back to alberta for half the wage for a 3 year commonwealth games project when tey have 30 years of work ahead of them that they will also live in a place were they are not taxed to death.

jim jones

Seen the rigs leaving yesterday Jim....with all kinds of promise.

What I dislike being part of against my will is no one takes NS seriously as it is, another idiotic move may lead to us being excommunicated from the nation........when a limb has gangarene..... we cut it off....

I agree Jim this shiny nickle just aint shiny enough .....maybe RMAC should entice them back with the wooden one, they are at least good for heating. Speaking of heating costs...

Archived