Halifax 2014 - Canadian CG bid race

mr.x

The reason is obvious really, I'm tired of studying, and need a mental break. Jim makes a great outlet for pent up study energy.... not a good as the lady friend but not bad when you're halfway through the treaty of Versaille. And well Wishblade, you do it for the sport...

Well to both of you no offence but you really haven't studied this issue like I have . My dad was a journalist for 40 years and I talk to him often about the games.

He finds it incredible that these people seem to think they can skate a bid to success when the evidence and history that it is difficult on a first attempt with a majority of the facilities let alone a first attempt without a majority of the facilities. People are google searchs away from learning the history of sports festivals.

And thus the public cant be snowed like they were pre internet.

To me the South Korean, Seoul model is what one has to adopt at this point in history and if you look at Abuja that is actually what they have done. It Seems any

city that has sport festival ambitions is in the game building for the long haul objective Glasgow is on that drive as well but perhaps not as far up the ladder to a cwgs. If not Abuja it will be Glasgow. Halifax has been playing with this for 20 years and not one venue has been built in support of the idea. Even Hamilton between bids has a new venue to their list which is puzzling why they were not chosen ???? We all know the reason Paul Martins African Development plans LOL.

Please guys go and read the history of the Seoul South Korea bid and how that country and city perpared for it way ahead of 1988. They did not put themselves in the position of building after winning a bid they did that before . South Korea built to win and then they showed the IOc they could handle the job by hosting the Asian games in 1986. The voting members had confidence with seoul hosting a Asian Games two year prior to the olympics.

Abuja has done much the same with the 2003 All-African games. Using those games as a spring broad to the CWGs and beyond. Mo rush can disagree with me if the all-african games in 2003 were a disaster or not but the result of nigerias efforts in the early 2000's may yield the CWG's and thus the second step towards the ultimate goal the summer olympics.

It is not only I hope sees this . read this article and you can see some scots see this too. The bookmakers in scotland actually have Abuja to win this

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=1818432005

jim jones

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well to both of you no offence but you really haven't studied this issue like I have . My dad was a journalist for 40 years and I talk to him often about the games.

He finds it incredible that these people seem to think they can skate a bid to success when the evidence and history that it is difficult on a first attempt with a majority of the facilities let alone a first attempt without a majority of the facilities. People are google searchs away from learning the history of sports festivals.

And thus the public cant be snowed like they were pre internet.

To me the South Korean, Seoul model is what one has to adopt at this point in history and if you look at Abuja that is actually what they have done. It Seems any

city that has sport festival ambitions is in the game building for the long haul objective Glasgow is on that drive as well but perhaps not as far up the ladder to a cwgs. If not Abuja it will be Glasgow. Halifax has been playing with this for 20 years and not one venue has been built in support of the idea. Even Hamilton between bids has a new venue to their list which is puzzling why they were not chosen ???? We all know the reason Paul Martins African Development plans LOL.

Please guys go and read the history of the Seoul South Korea bid and how that country and city perpared for it way ahead of 1988. They did not put themselves in the position of building after winning a bid they did that before . South Korea built to win and then they showed the IOc they could handle the job by hosting the Asian games in 1986. The voting members had confidence with seoul hosting a Asian Games two year prior to the olympics.

Abuja has done much the same with the 2003 All-African games. Using those games as a spring broad to the CWGs and beyond. Mo rush can disagree with me if the all-african games in 2003 were a disaster or not but the result of nigerias efforts in the early 2000's may yield the CWG's and thus the second step towards the ultimate goal the summer olympics.

It is not only I hope sees this . read this article and you can see some scots see this too. The bookmakers in scotland actually have Abuja to win this

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=1818432005

jim jones

God JJ, that article is from Sun 21 Aug 2005.

Desperate times make for desperate measures, right jj?

Typical naysayer lies.

God JJ, that article is from Sun 21 Aug 2005.

Desperate times make for desperate measures, right jj?

Typical naysayer lies.

So what type of LIES are there when it actually is an article published in scotland????

Yes I am really desperate that Halifax is going to win this LOL. Halifax might actually be shortlisted for lack of facilities did you ever think about that mr howe???

That would be totally embrassing but hey this is the path we go down when we think the federal and provincial government will pay share that the city of halifax will be able to afford. Mayor Kelly has stated they will not fund their share to 400 million which would be the upper level of funding from the feds. it is a three way split and the city cant afford their share LOL.

The desperate people are the people who conduct polls with a saMple of 500 people with polling companies actually hired on a consultants basis for the committee.

IN the words of Don Mills "my brother and I employ 500 nova scotians"

Say Don are those 500 nova scotians between the ages of 18 and 65 19 times out of 20 with a error margin of 4 percent?

Yeah we know who he polled to produce the spin er I mean favourable numbers LOL. Now that desperation LOL. desperation is then writing an OP Ed piece in the halifax herald critisizing the editorial policy of the paper in regards to the issue . The Halifax herald a paper that has put money on corporate research table in the past LOL. Talk about blowing the creditbility of your polling firm when you get so deeply involved with a group of lobbists who want to drive us off a cliff in a shcool bus for a sports festival .

Say when the additional sponsorship deals going to be announced and hows that CWGs Keiths selling. LOL. Probably as good as the lotto tickets LOL.

Jim jones

My only question is Jim, because I don't really care what your father did, other than comment on things, being blunt here, what are you going to do when the games bid is revealed, and then if, I'll say if, I may be many things to many people, but I'm not obtuse enough to say when, what are you going to do? Are you going to sit on 'yer arse, and do sfa and laugh when things go wrong? Or are you going to get up and help with pullin the line and getting the sails up on this crazy ship?

My only question is Jim, because I don't really care what your father did, other than comment on things, being blunt here, what are you going to do when the games bid is revealed, and then if, I'll say if, I may be many things to many people, but I'm not obtuse enough to say when, what are you going to do? Are you going to sit on 'yer arse, and do sfa and laugh when things go wrong? Or are you going to get up and help with pullin the line and getting the sails up on this crazy ship?

If you read JJ's posts, you can tell that logic is not his strong point.

I can't argue that, but this ins't a logic question... this is a human question. He has the grit to stnd against so much lambasting from so many people, I respect, but what if it happens? Does he have the balls to say, "Fine, I was wrong, and we won, what ca I do to make this work for the region?" Or is he going to nothing, and be just a blow hard? Another useless gear with short teeth, not helping? I'm not asking for his opinion, but his character.

I can't argue that, but this ins't a logic question... this is a human question. He has the grit to stnd against so much lambasting from so many people, I respect, but what if it happens? Does he have the balls to say, "Fine, I was wrong, and we won, what ca I do to make this work for the region?" Or is he going to nothing, and be just a blow hard? Another useless gear with short teeth, not helping? I'm not asking for his opinion, but his character.

You see I understand that the games and multi sports festivals are just a fantasy world and there are no tangible benefits to be had.

Not one article has been presented with an independent body that has said so since this debate has started.

Plenty of independant evidence that it is a dream world. How can anyone be respected pushing this agenda forward that could land us in big financial problems which has been repeated in about 95 percent of cities engaging in this sort of thing worldwide. The so called people you respect are in this for their won selfish interests not the people of the HRM , nova scotia or canada.

jim jones

hahahahahahhhahaha

I guess what I should have done was not check this after I just got up, what I really ment to say was, Direct questions require direct answers. You're avoiding the question. What you put down, has nothing to do with the question I asked. Also In what I wrote, I said I repected you, so basically you've proven what I've called you on time and again, that what you're saying is for your own selfesh reasons. "The so called people you respect are in this for their won selfish interests not the people of the HRM , nova scotia or canada." You're words Jim. So there you have it folks, Jim jones does not either deserve respect, and is living in a fantasy world, world from his own fingers!

hahahahahahhhahaha

I guess what I should have done was not check this after I just got up, what I really ment to say was, Direct questions require direct answers. You're avoiding the question. What you put down, has nothing to do with the question I asked. Also In what I wrote, I said I repected you, so basically you've proven what I've called you on time and again, that what you're saying is for your own selfesh reasons. "The so called people you respect are in this for their won selfish interests not the people of the HRM , nova scotia or canada." You're words Jim. So there you have it folks, Jim jones does not either deserve respect, and is living in a fantasy world, world from his own fingers!

You know what Kindergarden is the place you probably are . There is no business case for the commonwealth games , a stadium in halifax or a CFL team.

Very very simple. When you can mature and realize who was is being selfish with the taxpayers money then maybe you can realize those simple facts.

If you are so sure of the commonwealth games please put your house up for a second mortgage and you pay for it .

This crap about setting the sails on a ship is a medifore of a bunch of fools Who dont seem to understand the commonwealth games is a very very nothing event

to 30 percent of the population with over half of that being developing nations. No there are no big technology transfer to from halifax to the developing world because

seattle or silicon valley would do those deals directly and not in 7 years from now.

jim jones

You're still not answering the question Jim, What if we win? Are you going to help or not? You right there is not tech transfer from Halifax, but the rest of Canada? You know that funny looking appendage Nova Scotia has that the rest of the country? If you're not going to answer a simple question Jim, then stop posting because you're wasting mine, and everybody elses. You want to talk about Kindergarden, at least they can answer a question yes or no... it seems you never really grasped that skill eh Jimma'?

You're still not answering the question Jim, What if we win? Are you going to help or not? You right there is not tech transfer from Halifax, but the rest of Canada? You know that funny looking appendage Nova Scotia has that the rest of the country? If you're not going to answer a simple question Jim, then stop posting because you're wasting mine, and everybody elses. You want to talk about Kindergarden, at least they can answer a question yes or no... it seems you never really grasped that skill eh Jimma'?

So what type of competitive advantage would any part of canada have when microsoft has been a sponsor of the games since manchester in 2002????

The only advantage with Microsoft being a sponsor is that we would get a mere 10 million as really a charity sponsorship. Yes to spend a billion plus to two billion for a 10 million dollar sponsorship sounds logically.

jim jones

Jim... this is the second time you've avoided a simple question... maybe it's going over your head?

As well, I'm talking beyond the games, a fine example of what we (country and region) bring to the table is the starting systems for paddling races. When the world championships were in Dartmouth about... 12 years ago, a local company developed a starting system that was accuarate down to the 10 000th of a second, and simple in design, but sophisticated in it's approach. After the championships were over, both the AOC wanted to use the system for the Atlanta Games, as well as Britian, China, and Brazil for they're home paddling systems. It never took off because it was part owned by Banook, and they floundered on licensing it. The system is still in storage at Banook, it was developed by CanStart, and they were setting up to use the princaples behind the system for cheap irragation methods, light manufacturing, and livestock managment, because some of the African and south Asian countries asked the main designer if the properties behind the system could be used for other purposes, because it was run on simple Air Logic. And that was simply from a Paddling Championship. For a guy who is so confident of his superiority, you do have a serious problem with looking beyond, save for the imediate doom of spending for long term gain. Now Answer The Question... or are you afraid to? What is there to be afraid of Jim to answer a straight forward question?

Jim... this is the second time you've avoided a simple question... maybe it's going over your head?

As well, I'm talking beyond the games, a fine example of what we (country and region) bring to the table is the starting systems for paddling races. When the world championships were in Dartmouth about... 12 years ago, a local company developed a starting system that was accuarate down to the 10 000th of a second, and simple in design, but sophisticated in it's approach. After the championships were over, both the AOC wanted to use the system for the Atlanta Games, as well as Britian, China, and Brazil for they're home paddling systems. It never took off because it was part owned by Banook, and they floundered on licensing it. The system is still in storage at Banook, it was developed by CanStart, and they were setting up to use the princaples behind the system for cheap irragation methods, light manufacturing, and livestock managment, because some of the African and south Asian countries asked the main designer if the properties behind the system could be used for other purposes, because it was run on simple Air Logic. And that was simply from a Paddling Championship. For a guy who is so confident of his superiority, you do have a serious problem with looking beyond, save for the imediate doom of spending for long term gain. Now Answer The Question... or are you afraid to? What is there to be afraid of Jim to answer a straight forward question?

Here a very straight answer with a question for you . Who controls international sports festivals and federations for the majority of cases?

The answer is Europeans Totally followed by Americans with slight influence when the olympic games are hosted in america.

The makers of timing equipment are the Swiss and that is in Europe.

It is a monopoly in a very small world of customers that is controlled by the Europeans. European colusion would prevent that from going anywheres.

European colusion was probably behind the track surface for the melbourne 2006 commonwealth games having a company from italy do the work for 15 million dollars canadian. Or the Velodrome for the 2006 commonwealth games which was designed and built by Schuermann of Germany. Australia has a world class velodrome company with ron webber designs but somehow the vodafone velodrome in melbourne was not good enough for melbourne and a new velodrome had to be built.

World governing sports bodies and their headquarters locations

IIHF headquarters (international Ice hockey federation) Zurich, Swtizerland

UCI headquarters (international cycling union) Aigle, Switzerland

Fisa Headquarters(international rowing federation) Lausanne Switzerland

Fifa headquarters (the body for soccer) Zurich Switzerland

Fiba headquarters(the world body for basketball) Geneva, Switzerland

Fina headquarters (the world body for aquatics) located in Lausanne, Switzerland

Fis-ski headquarters(the world body for snow skiing and snowbroader sports) Oberhofen am Thunersee, Switzerland

IBAF headquarters(the international baseball federation that governs baseball for play in international games) Lausanne ,Switzerland

WCL headquarters (world curling association) Perth, Scotland

IAAF headquarters (the world sports body for athletics) Monaco (a small country in Europe governed by Prince Albert an IOC member)

The world governing agencies for sport festivals and there locations

The IOC ,International Olympic Committee headquarter located in Lausanne, Switzerland

The Commonwealth Games Federation Headquarters located London, England

GEE Do you see a pattern there ???? Gee I wonder why Swiss timing is used in international events and the 10000 of a second machine is in storage at the Banook Boat club 12 years later. The lucky thing for that Halifax company is that they have one international meet at all and that they have a place to store the stuff they made for a market that they would never have a chance to enter no matter what because of european colusion . FIS would have killed the marketing opportunities and said a simple starters pistol has worked for over a 100 years LOL. FIS would do this to place a barrier from this company getting anywheres in a european dominated industry and it would not matter any ways because again the makers of the timing devices from switzerland would just visit their buddies up the street , pay them some money and rule against the use in international competition. These swiss companies might have to pay even for a ruling because they may indeed be owned by the very world sports federations who are their clients or have broad member for th sports federations on their payrolls.

This points to our neive nature in the maritimes in putting any capital into a business sector that has a history of very unethical business practices that in many cases would have people in similiar circumstances doing jail time in north america or being investigated for reco and organized crime schemes.

Thats what you get when you turn over the keys of your governments treasury to foreigners in europe and where the rip off and cost overruns come from

jim jones

You know what Kindergarden is the place you probably are . There is no business case for the commonwealth games , a stadium in halifax or a CFL team.

Very very simple. When you can mature and realize who was is being selfish with the taxpayers money then maybe you can realize those simple facts.

If you are so sure of the commonwealth games please put your house up for a second mortgage and you pay for it .

This crap about setting the sails on a ship is a medifore of a bunch of fools Who dont seem to understand the commonwealth games is a very very nothing event

to 30 percent of the population with over half of that being developing nations. No there are no big technology transfer to from halifax to the developing world because

seattle or silicon valley would do those deals directly and not in 7 years from now.

jim jones

Jim, you have the patience of a saint...well said again I enjoy your posts, it is so refreshing to read intelligence on such a controversial topic....

second mortgage ... you are comical...LOL .....we cannot even afford a police force for PETE"s sake...? LOL

For PETE'S SAKE I hope he gets it together before the good folks of Metropolis figure him out. If I didnot know how unethical he is I could almost feel sorry for him. I SAID ALMOST!!!!!! LOL

Here a very straight answer with a question for you . Who controls international sports festivals and federations for the majority of cases?

The answer is Europeans Totally followed by Americans with slight influence when the olympic games are hosted in america.

The makers of timing equipment are the Swiss and that is in Europe.

It is a monopoly in a very small world of customers that is controlled by the Europeans. European colusion would prevent that from going anywheres.

European colusion was probably behind the track surface for the melbourne 2006 commonwealth games having a company from italy do the work for 15 million dollars canadian. Or the Velodrome for the 2006 commonwealth games which was designed and built by Schuermann of Germany. Australia has a world class velodrome company with ron webber designs but somehow the vodafone velodrome in melbourne was not good enough for melbourne and a new velodrome had to be built.

World governing sports bodies and their headquarters locations

IIHF headquarters (international Ice hockey federation) Zurich, Swtizerland

UCI headquarters (international cycling union) Aigle, Switzerland

Fisa Headquarters(international rowing federation) Lausanne Switzerland

Fifa headquarters (the body for soccer) Zurich Switzerland

Fiba headquarters(the world body for basketball) Geneva, Switzerland

Fina headquarters (the world body for aquatics) located in Lausanne, Switzerland

Fis-ski headquarters(the world body for snow skiing and snowbroader sports) Oberhofen am Thunersee, Switzerland

IBAF headquarters(the international baseball federation that governs baseball for play in international games) Lausanne ,Switzerland

WCL headquarters (world curling association) Perth, Scotland

IAAF headquarters (the world sports body for athletics) Monaco (a small country in Europe governed by Prince Albert an IOC member)

The world governing agencies for sport festivals and there locations

The IOC ,International Olympic Committee headquarter located in Lausanne, Switzerland

The Commonwealth Games Federation Headquarters located London, England

GEE Do you see a pattern there ???? Gee I wonder why Swiss timing is used in international events and the 10000 of a second machine is in storage at the Banook Boat club 12 years later. The lucky thing for that Halifax company is that they have one international meet at all and that they have a place to store the stuff they made for a market that they would never have a chance to enter no matter what because of european colusion . FIS would have killed the marketing opportunities and said a simple starters pistol has worked for over a 100 years LOL. FIS would do this to place a barrier from this company getting anywheres in a european dominated industry and it would not matter any ways because again the makers of the timing devices from switzerland would just visit their buddies up the street , pay them some money and rule against the use in international competition. These swiss companies might have to pay even for a ruling because they may indeed be owned by the very world sports federations who are their clients or have broad member for th sports federations on their payrolls.

This points to our neive nature in the maritimes in putting any capital into a business sector that has a history of very unethical business practices that in many cases would have people in similiar circumstances doing jail time in north america or being investigated for reco and organized crime schemes.

Thats what you get when you turn over the keys of your governments treasury to foreigners in europe and where the rip off and cost overruns come from

jim jones

I do not think it is navity Jim, I think it is little boys wanting to play big boy games and fall short of the 'height' requirement...we have enough organized crime in HRM that keeps them busy... the way they organize their unethical practices is a crime. HRM has no intelligent people in power...it is bad management all around and I look forward to the day when our officials are doing jail time.....

So what type of LIES are there when it actually is an article published in scotland????

Yes I am really desperate that Halifax is going to win this LOL. Halifax might actually be shortlisted for lack of facilities did you ever think about that mr howe???

That would be totally embrassing but hey this is the path we go down when we think the federal and provincial government will pay share that the city of halifax will be able to afford. Mayor Kelly has stated they will not fund their share to 400 million which would be the upper level of funding from the feds. it is a three way split and the city cant afford their share LOL.

The desperate people are the people who conduct polls with a saMple of 500 people with polling companies actually hired on a consultants basis for the committee.

IN the words of Don Mills "my brother and I employ 500 nova scotians"

Say Don are those 500 nova scotians between the ages of 18 and 65 19 times out of 20 with a error margin of 4 percent?

Yeah we know who he polled to produce the spin er I mean favourable numbers LOL. Now that desperation LOL. desperation is then writing an OP Ed piece in the halifax herald critisizing the editorial policy of the paper in regards to the issue . The Halifax herald a paper that has put money on corporate research table in the past LOL. Talk about blowing the creditbility of your polling firm when you get so deeply involved with a group of lobbists who want to drive us off a cliff in a shcool bus for a sports festival .

Say when the additional sponsorship deals going to be announced and hows that CWGs Keiths selling. LOL. Probably as good as the lotto tickets LOL.

Jim jones

Fixing numbers is epidemic in HRM. In fact what scares me is that the violent STATS in 2005 a underreported as the HRM police make sure to not give incident numbers out on certain crimes pending where the offense took place and who the victim and perp are.....of cousre related to class and economics and race....

NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS IN PETEYVILLE!!!

Just read your blog, Out.

You and JJ are a match made in Heaven.

You just read the entire blog????

OMG I stand in awe JH that is remarkable.... in fact I cannot even read that fast and I am speedy fast in fact as you know from reading my blog that I set a reading record at the FEDERAL FINANCE Consultations for reading into transcipt.....WOW....

I take your words as a great compliment, JJ is a very intelligent, pensive and resourceful person. Thank you JH I am glad we can part as amiably. I just wish I had a compliment for you..give me a minute..okay come back later I should have one by then.

Got scared reading the TRUTH did ya?

Make sure to get copies of that too...... what happened to Over and Out.... dang they grow up so fast...

looks like we have an alternate alias here.

No JJ and her are two different people, I know that for a fact.

While JJ is abrasive and dimissive, at least he has a reason for being on the board. He thinks Nigeria should get the games. He might be right, he might be wrong, but that's what he's here for.

Outraged on the other hand, is in it for a whole different matter. read her blog and you'll see why.

She claims that a serving member of HRM council is a rapist.

The police, AG, and everyone else says that he isn't.

So there has to be a grand conspiracy to protect him.

There's a word for people that think that way.

Oh, and Out? When I send you that list, you know you're name won't be on it.

<ahem> Jim this region has been taken for a ride since confederation, if you want to talk about handing over the keys to anybody. Secondly, I think you completely missed my question, after going on about how smart you think you are. No doubt you're arm is tired from stroking your ego, so sit back for a second. IF WE WIN, WILL YOU HELP MAKE SURE IT ISN'T A FIASCO? OR WILL YOU STILL BE NATTERING ON ABOUT HOW IT'S GOING TO FAIL? IF YOU DON'T END UP HELPING, THEN YOU'RE EVEN WORSE THAN THE CROOKED POLITICIANS THAT a) set Outraged, into, well, an outrage. B) sold our economy to the canadians so they can build they're railway. It's great to be against something, but if that "something" end up going through, make it work.

Aduja might very well win, I've never said that there is no way we can't win. I'd be as big a fool as you, if I did. BUT IF WE DO, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO MAKE IT NO BE A COMPLETE **** UP? And if you say that no matter what, it's going to be, then you're useless, and nothing but a bag of wind that's wasting peoples time more so than I am, and giving yourself joint pains typing and typing for no good reason than to say you're right. And there's nothing worse than somebody who see the problems and does nothing about it, because you're the problem then.

Outraged... where's your blog. I'd like to know why you're outraged. Don't spill it out on here, because that's not what this thread is about. Where is the website for it?

Gee I wonder why Swiss timing is used in international events and the 10000 of a second machine is in storage at the Banook Boat club 12 years later. The lucky thing for that Halifax company is that they have one international meet at all and that they have a place to store the stuff they made for a market that they would never have a chance to enter no matter what because of european colusion . FIS would have killed the marketing opportunities and said a simple starters pistol has worked for over a 100 years LOL. FIS would do this to place a barrier from this company getting anywheres in a european dominated industry and it would not matter any ways because again the makers of the timing devices from switzerland would just visit their buddies up the street , pay them some money and rule against the use in international competition. These swiss companies might have to pay even for a ruling because they may indeed be owned by the very world sports federations who are their clients or have broad member for th sports federations on their payrolls.

jim jones

Accually it was the international body that approached the company about the system, the Swiss timing is used for the race progress, this was used for starting the race. It was Banook that fumbled, plain and simple. The company couldn't run with it because Banook dragged it heels, now they use a French system. Mind it doesn't matter, the company folded, I got my hands on one of the golf shirts, if we ever go golfing Jim, I'll wear it. Seriously I love golf, and will play with anybody, even you... accually esspecially you, I think it would be fun. Now one of the guys who did the machine, is part owner of Morswift Machines based out of Digby. Look them up Jim, for a guy who is all about rural development, and oppertunities, these guys would intrest you.

Tell me the last time somebody made it to the top using ethical measures? I'm havinga hard time thinking of any, but you're so smart you've got books of them don't you?

Archived