Hamilton eyes 2014 Commonwealth Games

Apple

You don't listen! I'm not asking you why you oppse them. I am asking you why if you think Halifax is not going to get the games are you on here and every other forum, well the ones you haven't been kicked off anyway.. lol..arguing it. My only conclusion is that you think Halifax has a good chance at getting the games.... otherwise you wouldn't be on here and other forums spitting at the month like a mad man the way you have been.

agian my friend you dont understand I am showing the stupity of biding in the frist place and like others whos pocket book will be efected negatively by any means this must be stopped.

You have the vastly under estimated bid, the lack for federal funding, a province that is the second highest per capita debt in all of canada, two opponents in the process that have greater local public support, more facilites on the ground and with abuja a very compelling reason for the games to go to africa after 76 years of being denied.

The 750,000 dollar spent on the domestic bid is a waste of money along with the 500,000 dollar junket to melbourne because we will probably not win and we cant afford it anyways in the present format which will not change after 2010.

Halifax is way out of its league

Very very simple stuff

jim jones

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like they are making one last ditch effort to salvage what was left of Halifax's international candiacy and takeover their spot. Hopefully they can make it work out.

After seeing and hearing these scenes today, there is going to be a lot of "saving face" afterwards, regardless of what happens in the end.

It appears Mayor Fred Eisenberger is recruiting Sheila Copps to be part of the bid. Fred used to work with Sheila so there's a friendship link.

I personally think Sheila Copps would be great as she's a huge supporter of international games. She was the driving force behind Hamilton's 2010 bid and Vancouver's 2010 bid as well. Sheila has the leadership to work a miracle.

It appears Mayor Fred Eisenberger is recruiting Sheila Copps to be part of the bid. Fred used to work with Sheila so there's a friendship link.

I personally think Sheila Copps would be great as she's a huge supporter of international games. She was the driving force behind Hamilton's 2010 bid and Vancouver's 2010 bid as well. Sheila has the leadership to work a miracle.

Sheila Copps?????

OMG there goes the neighbourhood: have we recouped the 22 million on CDN flags yet..yanno the ones that were to cost 7 million?

I am outtie..this gets more insulting by the minute.

If she is on the team HAMILTON just lost my vote...

GO GLASGOW!!!!

<font color='#000000'>agian my friend you dont understand I am showing the stupity of biding in the frist place and like others whos pocket book will be efected negatively by any means this must be stopped.

You have the vastly under estimated bid, the lack for federal funding, a province that is the second highest per capita debt in all of canada, two opponents in the process that have greater local public support, more facilites on the ground and with abuja a very compelling reason for the games to go to africa after 76 years of being denied.

The 750,000 dollar spent on the domestic bid is a waste of money along with the 500,000 dollar junket to melbourne because we will probably not win and we cant afford it anyways in the present format which will not change after 2010.

Very very simple stuff

jim jones</font>

Very very simple stuff

Little girls playing dress up, little boys playing sheriff with plastic badges....

Look, I think everyone is just a little on edge here with the unexpected desicion, so everyone just chill out. This isnt the end of the world, its the end of a games bid.

Everyone just go outside, take a nature walk, do whatever. That's what I'm doing to blow off some steam from all this.

Look, I think everyone is just a little on edge here with the unexpected desicion, so everyone just chill out. This isnt the end of the world, its the end of a games bid.

Everyone just go outside, take a nature walk, do whatever. That's what I'm doing to blow off some steam from all this.

and that is right prospective wish. I would love to see a realistic set of plans for halifax to built out of this. I said a long time ago that the feds set a trap for the committee.

Jim jones

Archived