New Olympics in times of Corona

Hey Guys!

I am just wondering. Do you think that the next Olympics gonna be very different for the athletes? I am a sprinter myself and know that people on the side of the track always push me harder to the limits...

When there will be no people caused by Covid, will there be any record breaker in the next event?

I am pretty sure the next olympics gonna be very lame....

Sport in general feels pretty lame without fans - football being the main example. 

I agree with you, the adrenaline that a capacity crowd will pump through athletes will absolutely give them an edge. Some football matches have been dreadful with teams accepting draws/defeats in the most mundane of ways. If fans were there would 30k people shouting at them spur them on? Absolutely. 

I think some events will be more impacted than others. Sprinting will be hampered, but then some of the smaller events may not see much difference.

At this stage though, I'm just looking forward to watching the greatest sporting event in the world - with or without fans (although with would be better).

Hey there, 

i think as everything at the moment is so serious. There also should be something to laugh. Have you ever seen this movie about Asterix at the Olympics? 

Corona should give us all the time to laugh about such a movie. Have fun: https://latenightstreaming.com/de-de/film/asterix-bei-den-olympischen-spielen

Best wishes for all of you guys. Let's hope for a good Olympic Game - Maybe parts as funny as this movie. 

Julian

• 3 weeks later...

hey @KnipserDirk
I agree with you. I think you need the people who ensure the specific atmosphere around you. 

That also pushed me while I was playing football. Now to see every kind of sport without fans is really frustrating. I'm excited how it will develop in the next months. 

Also thanks for sharing the video, was such fun to watch. 

Gaby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, the dream of many an official! Leave the pesky audience out, just make it look good on TV. Who needs ticket sales, maybe with new technologies you can make more sponsoring money by selling virtual tickets to exclusive Zoom crowds even who are then also projected into the TV broadcast making venues look full.

(yes, this is sarcasm, just to be clear)

I am surprized by how much of an audience there are at some events and wonder how many tickets are actually available to the general public in the end.1

8 minutes ago, AmaniS said:

I am surprized by how much of an audience there are at some events and wonder how many tickets are actually available to the general public in the end.1

It appears they are relaxing attendance rules - maybe "unofficially."  There was a great atmosphere at the BMX Biking finals!! 

In prefectures outside Tokyo, limited audiences are allowed, e.g. for track cycling that started today.

The rest of the audience in other venues is just accredited people, mostly athletes cheering for their teammates, which is actually quite nice because it’s almost like they can just celebrate each other as if it was a school trip.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the Tokyo Olympic allows the minimum audiences for cheering up their nearest competitors. This is so important for the participants in the games. By the way, I hope next Olympic games will be opened for all and we can keep coronavirus under control. 

Charle

5 minutes ago, Charle said:

I appreciate the Tokyo Olympic allows the minimum audiences for cheering up their nearest competitors. This is so important for the participants in the games. By the way, I hope next Olympic games will be opened for all and we can keep coronavirus under control. 

Charle

Anyway, I enjoyed this Tokyo Olympic on tv.

Regards,

Charle