Looking for coverage 1999 Pan American Games

4theRepublic

I have been trying to find someone who has the 1999 Pan Amwrican Games coverage for athletics (track and field) or even better just the summary coverage that was aired on ESPN 2 at the time. 

I was in the coverage and I didn't even find out there was going to be anything until it was just about over and I got to see basically thr closing credits and I have not had any luck finding it over the last 20 years.  It is a quest for something to show the kids and grand kids. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

On 3/13/2021 at 11:57 AM, 4theRepublic said:

I have been trying to find someone who has the 1999 Pan Amwrican Games coverage for athletics (track and field) or even better just the summary coverage that was aired on ESPN 2 at the time. 

I was in the coverage and I didn't even find out there was going to be anything until it was just about over and I got to see basically thr closing credits and I have not had any luck finding it over the last 20 years.  It is a quest for something to show the kids and grand kids. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Do you know where I can find the opening and closing ceremonies? I have been trying to locate them for years.  I do have the complete ESPN telecast of the 1999 Pan American Games you are looking for - it was a two hour telecast of highlights that aired the evening after the closing ceremony. In addition here are two sources of other non-ESPN footage:

The first is the official CBC highlight video of the 1999 Pan Am Games:

And here is a link to a youtube channel with extensive footage (mostly track and field) from Brazilian TV:

Nilsondm - YouTube

Oh my, I flew back home the day the ESPN coverage was on and I had just walked in the house when a friend of mine called and asked if I was watching it.  I turned it on right at the credits.  

I am so excited just to hear that there is a copy out there. Is there any way I can get a copy of that coverage? 

I will do another deep dive to find where I have found the opening and closing ceremonies.