Should the IOC strip insurrectionist Keller of his gold medals?

Should the IOC strip Keller of his gold medals?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should the IOC be influenced by calls to strip insurrectionist Keller of his Olympic gold medals for his participation in the mutiny in Washington DC?

There are calls for the IOC to strip 2004/08 US swimmer Klete (whakindda first name is that?)  Keller of his gold medals!!  Should the IOC act and ask for the medals back and asterisk those victories in the record?  

Calls grow for Olympics to strip gold medal swimmer of awards after teammates ID him among MAGA insurgents - Alternet.org 

I say YES!!  After all, things have been quiet on the hunt for MORE Russian drug=cheaters scene!    ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• baron-pierreIV changed the title to Should the IOC strip insurrectionist Keller of his gold medals?

LOL - what kind of question is that even?

I would suspect there'd be tons of Olympic medal winners that have dubious political beliefs or are downright criminals (or, in this case, both even).

The IOC isn't going to do a thing, I'd rather the FBI did their job appropriately there. Lock them all up. Forever. Hawley, Cruz and the Trump Camorra all together, and I'm sure they'd find a place for deluded souls like Klete Keller in that prison too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

There are calls for the IOC to strip 2004/08 US swimmer Klete (whakindda first name is that?)  Keller of his gold medals!!  Should the IOC act and ask for the medals back and asterisk those victories in the record?  

Calls grow for Olympics to strip gold medal swimmer of awards after teammates ID him among MAGA insurgents - Alternet.org 

I say YES!!  After all, things have been quiet on the hunt for MORE Russian drug=cheaters scene!    ;)

The baron is back!  Yea, I saw some posts about this on Twitter.  Mostly from people who don't understand how things work.

No, Stefan is right and this is a dumb question that I don't actually think you care about, you're just trying to stir things up.  The IOC isn't going to give a rat's ass about this.  Nor should they.  Keller hasn't been an active swimmer for a decade.  USA Swimming probably doesn't care about him anymore.

Let me ask you a question.. should the IOC take away Oscar Pistorius's medals away?  All he did was murder his girlfriend

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, Quaker2001 said:

Let me ask you a question.. should the IOC take away Oscar Pistorius's medals away?  All he did was murder his girlfriend

DUmb question which IS NOT the same as mine and doesn't deserve an answer.  And yes, I did ask mine to discuss.  Nothing more.  I don't know why you & that other pseudo-intellectual German feign shock over such a question.  WHy?  SHOULD ONE pass one;s thought here via you 2.  SCREW the 2 of you!! 

10 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

DUmb question which IS NOT the same as mine and doesn't deserve an answer.  And yes, I did ask mine to discuss.  Nothing more.  I don't know why you & that other pseudo-intellectual German feign shock over such a question.  WHy?  SHOULD ONE pass one;s thought here via you 2.  SCREW the 2 of you!! 

I see the old baron is back. 

Liar.  Do you really want to discuss?  Or did you just throw that barb out there so you could yell back at people who don't agree with you.  

Okay, so you think Klete Keller should be stripped of his medals.  Tell us why.  Because you want to start a commotion because there's nothing else to talk about here?  Why is it worth the time and the cost of a long distance phone call to tell Keller they're coming for his medals, let alone to actually come for his medals.  The IOC has more important things to think about.  This is not going to be something they'll involve themselves with.

• 1 month later...