Russia’s Ufa considers 2030 Winter Olympics bid amid WADA ban

The capital of the Russian region of Bashkortostan, Ufa, is mulling a possible bid to host the 2030 Olympic Winter Games. With a population of about 4.5 million the region is situated between the Volga River and the Ural Mountains in eastern European Russia.  Russian state news agency TASS reported that the region’s press relations […]

The post Russia’s Ufa considers 2030 Winter Olympics bid amid WADA ban appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

oh my God.........if Ufa of all places has any serious shot, just give it to Kazakhstan.  If you are going to do a non-Sochi Russian spot, make it Novosibirsk or Krasnoyarsk with Sheregesh as the ski venue, which has all the makings of a logistical nightmare.  This is all even assuming there is no further bans on Russia for bidding.  Literally St Louis or Chicago would make more sense than Ufa.  Ukraine would be a stroke of genius by comparison.

19 hours ago, iceman530 said:

I mean, Ufa needs all the infrastructure help it can get, but it would still get skimmed off the top Sochi style.  Where the hell would they ski?

Somewhere in Ural, I guess?