Ukraine to study 2030 Olympic Winter Games bid

Ukraine is set to study the possibility of a bid to host a future Olympic Games with the 2030 Winter edition considered the most likely opportunity. The nation’s Minister of Youth and Sports Vadym Huttsait recently confirmed the plans according national news agency Ukrinform.  He said “we are looking at 2030 and 2032.” The Barcelona 1992 […]

The post Ukraine to study 2030 Olympic Winter Games bid appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

If they were to bid for any sort of upcoming Winter Games, I think they'd be more likely to see success for the 2028 onward Winter Youth Olympics. From what I've researched, they seem to be the only place talking about hosting the 2028 WYO. They could recycle Lviv's 2022 WOG bid. I don't know if I'd call competition for the 2030 WOG "stiff", but four cities (Barcelona-Pyrenees, Salt Lake City, Sapporo, & Vancouver), three of whom are veteran hosts, are talking about bidding. I think if Ukraine wants to set itself up for success, it should shoot for the next possible WYOG (2028). Maybe they could shoot for a senior Winter Games as soon as 2034, with a WYOG serving as a "test run." Where summer games are concerned, Kiev could be an okay host for the Summer Youth Olympics, but they would certainly need to build quite a bit of infrastructure. A senior summer Olympics is a long way off, to say the least. All the while, however, politics may doom any future bid, both because of referendums and Russian aggression.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:24 AM, Mr.M15ter said:

If they were to bid for any sort of upcoming Winter Games, I think they'd be more likely to see success for the 2028 onward Winter Youth Olympics. From what I've researched, they seem to be the only place talking about hosting the 2028 WYO. They could recycle Lviv's 2022 WOG bid. I don't know if I'd call competition for the 2030 WOG "stiff", but four cities (Barcelona-Pyrenees, Salt Lake City, Sapporo, & Vancouver), three of whom are veteran hosts, are talking about bidding. I think if Ukraine wants to set itself up for success, it should shoot for the next possible WYOG (2028). Maybe they could shoot for a senior Winter Games as soon as 2034, with a WYOG serving as a "test run." Where summer games are concerned, Kiev could be an okay host for the Summer Youth Olympics, but they would certainly need to build quite a bit of infrastructure. A senior summer Olympics is a long way off, to say the least. All the while, however, politics may doom any future bid, both because of referendums and Russian aggression.

I agree towards your statement concerning the fact that Ukraine might be more successful for hosting the Winter Youth Olympics 2028. As already mentioned, the other alternative hosts are also from my point of view strong "players", when comparing the experience holding bigger events (might be a disadvantage for Ukraine, since they are lack on the experiences). Nevertheless, the with the support they might could have chances

2 hours ago, ScoBit said:

I agree towards your statement concerning the fact that Ukraine might be more successful for hosting the Winter Youth Olympics 2028. As already mentioned, the other alternative hosts are also from my point of view strong "players", when comparing the experience holding bigger events (might be a disadvantage for Ukraine, since they are lack on the experiences). Nevertheless, the with the support they might could have chances

Ukraine (co-)hosted the EURO 2012, it is not as if they're Abuja or Hambatota trying to get the Commonwealth Games. It is economically and politically not an option at this point in time, but they clearly have potential as a future Winter Olympics host at some point.

Agreed that it has upside as a viable location in the future, but they have so, so, SO much to clean up right now.  Let Sapporo and SLC go first, and maybe once everything is cleaned up by 2038, theyll be looking pretty.  Rhetorically, where would it be, Lviv and the Carpathians?  that might be a nice option.  I have no idea how Lviv isnt on everyone's travel list it is such a cozy little town