14th Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Competition

I have tired imbedding, using the “insert image from URL” feature, and both Flickr and Imgur. Absolutely nothing works for me. I have no clue what I’m doing wrong. I’m just going to post the links to the images on Imgur in my post, and hopefully you guys can view them that way.

Our green overload from an egg-shaped planet (@yoshi) has requested logos, and I am not one to disappoint.

Here is my Milano-Cortina 2026 entry: https://imgur.com/gallery/wML8c4e

The logo consists of a mountain peak, slalom ski gates, and a typeface. The mountain peak (that I have nicknamed “The Pinnacles”) represents the craggy Dolomite mountain peaks that surround Cortina d’Ampezzo. The peak is colored gold to symbolize the glory of victory, and the shape of the peak is reminiscent of the podium. The slalom gates are formed by pillars that resemble the architecture of the famous San Siro Stadium in Milan. The slalom gates are also colored green and red in a reference to Italy’s national colors. The typeface is in a style that feels modern, yet evokes a blast to the past. It brings to mind those classic ski resort style typefaces used in the early days of skiing, that was still in use when Cortina previously hosted. 

Here is my Brisbane 2032 entry: https://imgur.com/gallery/uhdtAGm

The logo consists of one main graphic element and a typeface. This logo represents both the Brisbane of modern times, and the Brisbane of past eras. The graphic element has three main parts: a stylized B, a sun, and the sun’s rays. The stylized B represents the Brisbane River. The B flows like the river and it is placed centrally in the sun, since the Brisbane River is the “life-blood” of Brisbane in many ways. It is colored in that dark green color that many urban waterways have. The Sun represents the well-known Australian heat and beach culture, as well as, the heat of Olympic competition. The yellow color of the sun, and the dark green color of the river, also form the colors used in much of Australia’s national sports attire. The Sun’s Rays are formed by shark fins. These represent the Bull Shark, a fearsome predator of the Brisbane River and surrounding ocean areas. Their placement around the sun also suggests motion, which breathes life into the logo. Finally, the typeface is formed by a modern font, that has been stylized in a manner similar to aboriginal artwork. 

Hi Olympian1010.....you should be able to just right click on the image in Imgur and select "copy image"....them right click and paste in the body of your message here. Maybe you already tried that, but it should work. good luck!

Edited by paul

ANNOUNCEMENT  ROYAL PROCLAMATION

56059929_401.jpg

Greetings subjects participants, and a happy new year to you all. One has been following this contest with interest, as one does each year, and it pleases one's person to see the range of submissions already placed, despite how it looked at the beginning of the month. However, one would be pleased to see a few more, in particular for one's fellow Commonwealth friend in Brisbane. As such, it is one's wish to give some extra time for designing - one is most amused by the power of a good deadline. However one is also mindful of how interminable the previous contest felt, going on into mid-February as it did - even though it still turned out to be the most enjoyable part of the year. As such, as the queen of whatever exactly it is one is queen of, one is decreeing that the deadline for submitting designs to this contest be extended by a period of ten days - to 2pm GMT ON MONDAY JANUARY 11. The voting and results will follow, perhaps coinciding with when our Harry-harbouring upstarts good friends in the USA finally acquire their new president. Good luck to you all, happy designing, happy voting from the 11th, and a Happy New Year.

You heard the Queen, and who am I to deny her wish for a short extension. Don't forget it's not long, but hopefully long enough for more entries - happy designing, and happy New Year :) 

• Haha 1

Hi everyone - I used to have an account on here a while ago, but never posted, was just a lurker and lost the details. I've always meant to enter this contest as it combines two of my favourite things; the Olympics and graphic design, but I always forget about it, and end up coming on around Christmas time and have missed the entry slot. So was overjoyed to see this competition extended when I looked yesterday. 

I've therefore come up with this entry for the Milan Cortina 2026 competition. I hopefully will get round to doing a Brisbane one before Monday but that might not happen!

Milano-Cortina 2026

Artboard_1.jpg?1609853432

I was looking to produce something that had the simplicity and elegance of Italian design, together with something that spoke to the winter themes of the games. I've therefore built this logo which is the Italian mountains made out of two interlocking 'M' shapes (for Milan). The bottom 'wave' M creates a triangle depicting Milan on the left, and another higher up to portray Cortina. I've paired the mark with a font which brings the same distinctive line-based shapes into its design. The colours, obviously, come from the Italian flag - and the logo is accompanied by the Olympic and Paralympic motifs.

You can see the logo in games mode via this short visual presentation which lays out how the theme could be utilised. I've attached a few tasters below.

Looking forward to getting stuck in more across the forum.

• Like 1

Just now, Jon Will Chambers said:

Hi everyone - I used to have an account on here a while ago, but never posted, was just a lurker and lost the details. I've always meant to enter this contest as it combines two of my favourite things; the Olympics and graphic design, but I always forget about it, and end up coming on around Christmas time and have missed the entry slot. So was overjoyed to see this competition extended when I looked yesterday. 

I've therefore come up with this entry for the Milan Cortina 2026 competition. I hopefully will get round to doing a Brisbane one before Monday but that might not happen!

Milano-Cortina 2026

Artboard_1.jpg?1609853432

I was looking to produce something that had the simplicity and elegance of Italian design, together with something that spoke to the winter themes of the games. I've therefore built this logo which is the Italian mountains made out of two interlocking 'M' shapes (for Milan). The bottom 'wave' M creates a triangle depicting Milan on the left, and another higher up to portray Cortina. I've paired the mark with a font which brings the same distinctive line-based shapes into its design. The colours, obviously, come from the Italian flag - and the logo is accompanied by the Olympic and Paralympic motifs.

You can see the logo in games mode via this short visual presentation which lays out how the theme could be utilised. I've attached a few tasters below.

Looking forward to getting stuck in more across the forum.

Artboard_7.jpg?1609853462

Artboard_9.jpg?1609853447

Artboard_8.jpg?1609853452

• Like 1

BONG!

That's it, submissions for Milan-Cortina are now CLOSED! We've somehow crawled and scraped our way to having 7 entries for their comp, thank you to everyone because I was NOT expecting it to go so well - tbh I thought it'd be quite unlikely we'd even get to have a vote. The vote will begin some time tomorrow after we've had time to get everything ready. In the meantime, submissions for Brisbane will still be accepted until we complete Milan. So you can keep designing, and I'll see you tomorrow to commence our Italian Job...