Best Games Ever - Sydney 2000

Was nice to be in the stadium to hear it....Sydney 2000 was the highlight of my life, I carried the flame into Byron Bay, witnessed the opening and closing and every athletic session, and all up I saw 70 gold medals being won! My best fiend from Uni even hosted the 1 hour pre opening activities in the stadium.

And when I was a little kid a few miles from the stadium I used to stage my own Olympic Games in the backyard1

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Was nice to be in the stadium to hear it....Sydney 2000 was the highlight of my life, I carried the flame into Byron Bay, witnessed the opening and closing and every athletic session, and all up I saw 70 gold medals being won! My best fiend from Uni even hosted the 1 hour pre opening activities in the stadium.

And when I was a little kid a few miles from the stadium I used to stage my own Olympic Games in the backyard1

Wow, how so special that would have been for you to be there in the Stadium that night!

My elderly mother and I were just outside the Stadium Australia on little folding stools in the crowded Olympic Park Live Site. It was a great typical Aussie communal party atmosphere there and we all cheered big time when Juan Antonio proclaimed his Games verdict.

Treasured memories.

I was so lucky as well to be in the Stadium for the first OC Dress Rehearsal then in the actual OC on 15/9/2000.

I hope of course that Queensland can bring the Games down under for the third time in 2032.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...