Beijing 2022 Ceremonies

1 hour ago, BigVic said:

Sochi and Vancouver were 3 hours long as both Ceremonies were done inside a domed stadium environment. Pyeongchang was 2 hours long. 

What I don't understand is weather is never an excuse for the Summer Games. Some of these locations have 90 degree weather with brutal humidity which is hazardous for all involved, but ceremonies are never shortened.

41 minutes ago, Anthony said:

What I don't understand is weather is never an excuse for the Summer Games. Some of these locations have 90 degree weather with brutal humidity which is hazardous for all involved, but ceremonies are never shortened.

Covid and China.  They want the glory but NOT being reminded of the shame and where it started.  Just better to get the WHOLE shoe (entire Games) over and quickly.  Of course, Vlady is waiting in the wings to pounce on Ukraine after that.  So the Winter Paras are just going to be ashambles.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Well....it seems those images were just the preshow. Phew.

Either way, I'm still pretty scared of what are they going to do after seeing that.

I agree.

Very strange Chinese give sneakpeeks in advance....

The shows will be as short as they were in Pyeongchang that, after all, made very good ceremonies...

18 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

…. another report of the dress rehearsal ….

This is rehearsal but am I the only one who think that it's too sober for the first WO game for China?Too simple and they won't have no colorful fireworks like Tokyo 2020 did half a year ago?

On 1/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, TorchbearerSydney said:

The stadium screen seems to read "Together for a Shared Future" in French, English, and Mandari

i can;t see these images

Lucky you, the rest of us can't UNSEE these images!!!!

I see the theme will be "China- home of the Worlds knitwear workshops".......

It reads "Faster,Higher,Stornger-Together-and me Thomas":lol:

http://images8.m.china.com.cn/oss/mchina/20220123/11/img_73695da9f5f6a72f070aa8a6f4aa19a0_600_9999.jpg

This looks like an old poster of CCP in 70s.

On this video we have some second that didn't appear in the lastest ones.

It is clearly heard the song "You and me", the official song of 2008 Games.

But I still don't know if those images are from the show itself or the previous show.

90% of the participants are STUDENTS... so... we are going to see a kind of Chinese Disney show.

I continue posting...

Here we have extra views of the fireworks rehearsals

Here we can see a view of the Bird Nest at the moment of the rehearsal. A light show can be seen.

Another view of the foreworks

Even more...

Even though it could be a simple ceremony, it's -up to here- A LOT more prepared of what we saw for Tokyo OC.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, Bear said:

Oh thank god for this comment for making me re-read the article (not being sarcastic here) -

I got worried there for a second LOL

Yeah it's part of a pre-show prior to the ceremony

phew thank god!

21 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Guys I think those videos are NOT a pre-show, but the ceremony itself. :/ 

11 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

OMG!

It 's a complete Chinese style ceremony, not at "western" style as it was in 2008, but in the total happy Chinese-comunist children way...

Let’s be clear about this.

We have not seen glimpses of the Opening Ceremony.    

Did anyone see 3,000 performers in any of these videos?   The answer is No.

You aint seen nothing yet..  The Chinese organisers would not and have not allowed it.

Might be time to listen again to Director Zhang Yimou below speaking about the Opening Ceremony …..

18 hours ago, PikyoK said:

I have to agree with what @Nacholympicsaid about the OC being a Chinese Disney show :lol:

31 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Guys I think those videos are NOT a pre-show, but the ceremony itself. :/ 

21 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

OMG!

It 's a complete Chinese style ceremony, not at "western" style as it was in 2008, but in the total happy Chinese-comunist children way...

The video said the opening ceremony rehearsal amd the warm-up programs took place.

The video or the report with it did not say that what you saw in this video was the Opening Ceremony itself.

It can be safely assumed that these videos only showed to the world Warm-Up Programs.

The best is yet to come.

On 1/23/2022 at 6:54 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

The upcoming situation proves what another WHITE ELEPHANT Birds Nest is.  A beautiful state-of-the-art 75,000 stadium only to house a scaled down ceremony, 100 mins long and playing to maybe 1,000 people.  They could've held it at a movie theater!!  Goes to show how f*cked up the planet is and how OBSOLETE Track and Field as an Olympic sport really is.  Time to remove T&F from the SOG roster as well.  

How on earth are COVID related restrictions even remotely a reflection on Athletics as an Olympic Sport? Its the heart and soul of the Games. Bizarre.

2 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Please.  Would it make your life any less if you didn't watch any T&F action?  Really?  :wacko:

I really enjoy it - so yes it would. Removing Athletics from the Olympics isn't a basis for credible discussion. Its like suggesting to remove the Best Picture category from the Academy Awards.

• Like 1