LA 2028 Reveals Olympics First Dynamic Games Logo With Diverse ‘A’

GBModerator

2 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

So what if the MTV thing was first.  It's just absolute garbage -- all over the place -- which is why it didn't even register in my ken.   

LA has done a very disciplined version of it.  And nothing says it's the OFFICIAL and FINAL logo.  I think it's the interim-Covid-period logo.  

It’s not been made explicitly clear, but it’s been indicated by LA2028 media releases and statements that this is likely the final logo. I think they can change it if they want, but there’s no reason to if people like it.

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s not been made explicitly clear, but it’s been indicated by LA2028 media releases and statements that this is likely the final logo. I think they can change it if they want, but there’s no reason to if people like it.

It's a good one, but they'll really have to pick one just for the records and even the displays at Olympic Museum in Lausanne where all the other logos are static, and then here's 2028 throbbing digitally??  How will that look?  And what logo will also go on the Torch?  Or will that also be a thousand different versions?  I mean -  I see the commercial possibilities.  But what's the cut-off number?  They usually have these books which specify everything about the use of the logos -- the size, the exact color palette -- where and when it can be used.  How about this one?  And where and when and how can they take pirated "copies" to court if this is an  "ANYTHING GOES" logo?  I wonder if they checked out that legal angle???

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

It's a good one, but they'll really have to pick one just for the records and even the displays at Olympic Museum in Lausanne where all the other logos are static, and then here's 2028 throbbing digitally??  How will that look?  And what logo will also go on the Torch?  Or will that also be a thousand different versions?  I mean -  I see the commercial possibilities.  But what's the cut-off number?  They usually have these books which specify everything about the use of the logos -- the size, the exact color palette -- where and when it can be used.  How about this one?  And where and when and how can they take pirated "copies" to court if this is an  "ANYTHING GOES" logo?  I wonder if they checked out that legal angle???

I’m sure they have a plan. This isn’t LA’s first time hosting after all.