Jaca 's Bid

ghost1

I'm saying they don't have a significant winter olympics history which can't be in favour of a Jaca bid

Better, because if Jaca wins then Madrid won't win the SOG in at least 50 years... :oops:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. So....? I'd never heard of Jaca so I can't judge if they could host, I'm not saying they can't host or it's a ###### town.

2. I'm not saying Spain is bad. I'm saying they don't have a significant winter olympics history which can't be in favour of a Jaca bid (although not necessarily against them as well).

3. True, but most people don't associate Spain with mountains, they do associate it with sun and beaches.

that's about how I feel to

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am from Spain so my english is not very good, but I am going to try to show you how jaca is:

In this pages you can see the enchantments of the city and her principal ski resorts:

This is the Jaca's official web site (english):

http://www.jaca.es/turismo.php

These are the ski resorts which will hold the games if Jaca wins:

ASTUN: http://www.astun.com/

CANDANCHU: http://www.candanchu.com/en/index.asp

FORMIGAL: http://www.formigal.com/

PANTICOSA: http://www.panticosa-loslagos.com/

I hope that you can know the city and its environs better  

:D  :D  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Zaragoza To Support Jaca’s 2014 Olympic Bid

Posted 11:09 am ET (GamesBids.com)

Zaragoza’s city council announced it is supporting Jaca’s bid for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.

Jaca’s Mayor Enrique Villarroya said Zaragoza’s support will guarantee the viability of Jaca’s bid by providing additional lodging, infrastructure, and sports equipment.

He said the support of a well known city internationally “was the accolade” that Jaca’s bid needed.

Well, Zaragoza, the capital of Aragon, which is one of the biggest cities in Spain (650,000 residents) and Huesca (120,000), the capital of the province where Jaca is, are going to host a part of the Olympics events.

Zaragoza an international well-known city will provide the lodging, the infrastructures and the sports equipments which are necessaries.

With this plan Jaca improves her bid, because Zaragoza will impulse the candidature. This structure is the same as other happened candidates.

ZARAGOZA

zaragoza.jpg

El%20Pilar.jpgzaragoza2.jpg

aljaferia_ori.jpgaragon-aljaferia.gifsculpture-monument-architecture-palais-aragon-137109.jpg

Expo2008.gif

plano.gif

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET ZARAGOZA BID, STUPID JACA.

Do u have mental problems? :help: I have said you 1000 times that ZARAGOZA IS FAR AWAY OF THE PYRENEES!!! IT WILL ONLY HOST THE INDOOR EVENTS, THE REST OF THE ATHLETES WILL BE IN JACA!!! :hmm:

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET ZARAGOZA BID, STUPID JACA.

Do u have mental problems? :help: I have said you 1000 times that ZARAGOZA IS FAR AWAY OF THE PYRENEES!!! IT WILL ONLY HOST THE INDOOR EVENTS, THE REST OF THE ATHLETES WILL BE IN JACA!!! :hmm:

Yes, Zaragoza is too far of the ski resorts so it has nothing to do in this aspect. Zaragoza is doing all it can, support Jaca 2014 is a great news for the bid.

paragon.gifdistancias.jpg

The mayor of Jaca, Enrique Villaroya, will present tomorrow, Tuesday 17th of January, at the Superior Council of Sports and at the Olympic Spanish Committee (COE) in Madrid the questionnaire of the candidacy of Jaca 2014

Last Friday Villarroya and Arimany presented the content of the questionnaire to the Advospr of Education, Culture and Sports of the Government of Aragón, Eva Almunia.

The mayor of Jaca, Enrique Villaroya, will present tomorrow, Tuesday 17th of January, at the Superior Council of Sports and at the Olympic Spanish Committee (COE) in Madrid the questionnaire of the candidacy of Jaca 2014

Last Friday Villarroya and Arimany presented the content of the questionnaire to the Advospr of Education, Culture and Sports of the Government of Aragón, Eva Almunia.

Will it be online and when?

Will you be at the meeting?

Well, they have told me that they are going to show the questionnaire of the candidacy to the Superior Council of Sports and at the Olympic Spanish Committee (COE) in Madrid but what they are going to present them is a first draft.

The questionnaire that they will give to the IOC is being finished translating to english and french and it is being adapted with the logo pictures and colors . It has 50 pages and it is more graphical and visual that Madrid's 2012 questionnaire.

I don't now if the questionnaire will be online buy I will ask for a copy. No, I am not going to be at the meeting.

About the logo, it is has been approved by the IOC and the 24th of January the COE will approve it too, then I suppose that it will be presented.

The Secretary of State for Sports, Jaime Lissavetzky, assured today that the project that Jaca will present for the Olympic Games of winter of 2014 "has improved" with respect to the previous ones and described as "an essential element" the presence in the same one, for the first time, of Zaragoza, after receiving today in the CSD the rough draft of the questionnaire of candidacy on the part of the mayor of Jaca, Enrique Villaroya.

The questionnaire can't be published until the 1st of February.

Tomorrow 24th of January the Spanish Olympic Committee will approve the Questionnaire of Jaca 2014, they also will approve the logo. The organization of Jaca 2014 hasn't decided yet how the are going to send the 80 copies of the minibooks by messenger or a member of Jaca 2014 will take to Laussane the copies.

::PIRENA 2006::

23/01/2006

Pirena 2006 arrives at the Olympic territory from Jaca 2014 with all his spectacle.  The great adventure (through the Pyrenees) of the sleighs with dogs, Pirena 2006, is these days in the Olympic snows of the project Jaca 2014.

For Jaca 2014, the arrival of Pirena 2006 is a great international opportunity to emphasize again the incomparable beauty of two of the ski resorts of the Olympic project, Formigal (today) and Candanchú (tomorrow).

main.jpg

10.jpg

Archived